Discuss Kiara here... (-.-)

Re: Discuss Kiara here... (-.-)

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » December 1st, 2015, 5:20 am

I think that there might be a chance that they could show a scene where something happens to Kiara that makes her chance her view of becoming future queen later on.

On another note, KION EMOTES :kionsmile: :determined: :kion: :theroar: !!!
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby Hatari05 » December 1st, 2015, 5:54 am

Kingkivuli: I see what you are saying but it's not a good thing, yeah LK II is brutal what with Nuka's death Zira scarring and disowning Kovu, Simba's intolerance and the war between the two prides and Zira essentially commits suicide in the end. Yeah it's dark brutal even but it had to be what other way was there to tell that story. Same with the first make no mistake it's a dark movie what with Scar trying to murder his nephew, killing his brother, Simba thinking it was his fault and running away from his past, Scar turning the pride lands into a wasteland and finally Simba discovering the truth and seeking revenge it ends with the villain being eaten alive.

They are both dark movies but that's what makes Lion King unique neither are the usual disney family film. They're not comedies or adventures they're pretty much character dramas. My point here being that those stories and characters wouldn't work as well if the movies weren't as dark as they were. This is where LG failed in my opinion the story didn't feel intense or even engaging it had a sense of fun to it but none of the drama intenseness or emotion. I know it was made for preschoolers but a LK show should've never been aimed at such a young audience. LK is one of Disney's most mature films I don't understand how watering it down helps.

Society needs to realize children aren't stupid and quit trying to shield them kids watched both Avatar shows which were about as intelligent as most adult shows I watch probably more. The sibling rivalry is unnecessary and a bit cliche the story between Kion and Kiara is relatable but it's not engaging at all the whole thing is basically Kiara is rude and doubts Kion he saves her in the end that's it nothing more nothing less. I have no problem with alternate stories so long as they're good, LG was average at best. Kion's journey wasn't as engaging as Simba and Kiara. Simba for the first ever was bland. The villains lacked any real threat. Basically this is their alternate LK II and it's not as good in any category. That's my problem if you are going to tell an alternate story at least make it as good or engaging as the one it is replacing, LG didn't.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Carl » December 1st, 2015, 9:01 am

[quote="Shawry111"]So you guys think that there's a chance that something will happen to Kiara that will change her mind?[/quote]

At the end of the film, she told Simba that Kion was right to choose his friends for the Guard, thus implying she won't be giving them trouble anymore.

I really don't see her behavior towards Kion as necessarily changing her SP character either. Siblings like to hold whatever they can over the heads of one another. Maybe Kiara does have doubts about being queen but doesn't want to look weak in front of her little brother?

As for tracking the gazelle, as Kiara says in the film, she and her friends weren't to attack them. Tracking and hunting aren't the same thing and one needs to learn how to track before they can learn to hunt. This doesn't necessarily disrupt SP's timeline thus far.

That said, she's only in the series so Kion can have a parallel to Scar.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Shawry111 » December 2nd, 2015, 7:36 am

[quote="KionofTheLionGuard"]On another note, KION EMOTES :kionsmile: :determined: :kion: :theroar: !!![/quote]

Kions face in this film was really great! He makes awesome Emoji's. :theroar:
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Troll Berserker » December 3rd, 2015, 6:22 am

Honestly, I like that Kiara more than SP. I don't care she's being "out of character", I have my own theory about it:
TLG takes place after Kiara's cubhood events in SP. After "we are one" she began to understand her role as a future queen. Or maybe she's still secretly doubting, just doesn't want to show it anymore, especially to her parents and her brother.
Anyway, even without his theory, I don't care anymore. I don't think she's being "snobby" or "bratty". It's just typical sibling rivarly. I like how Kiara seems more clever and responsible. Maybe because she now finally has someone to interact with on daily basis or maybe because she just seems older than in SP but I like how she's much less childish even compared to her adult self in SP and I think that's how a real lioness cub should be.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 6th, 2015, 3:43 pm

While I do get that there are plenty of ways to explain Kiara's out of character behavior, I still feel like they should have made her resemble Kiara from TLK2 a bit more, if not completely, and that it wouldn't have taken a toll on the plot. That's just my opinion, though.

I understand that they wanted to make her into a prissy big sister in order to help develop Kion's character, and make the contrast between the two sides, as Kiara is probably going to be a sticker to the rules along with Simba, while Kion is going to 'break the traditions for the better'. It's there to teach children not to be afraid to try out new things, but was Kiara's character change really necessary to begin with? I personally feel that Simba would have been just enough for the 'go with the traditions' side, because, as Kion's father, he is going to be a very big influence on him and it's going to be hard for Kion to go against his father's wishes.
I honestly feel it would have been better if Kiara stayed that sweet, naive but compassionate lioness we got to know in TLK2, and if she actually was one to support Kion's new ideas rather then bully him a bit. If they really wanted Simba to have a little helper on his side, they could have thrown in a new character, or used Zuri or Tiifu for the role. I believe that, by changing Kiara's character, they created a pointless small plot-hole. Because, when Kiara grows up in TLK2, she does grow a backbone, but she still remains kind and compassionate, and while we can find a way to put that together with TLG [she was a teen, sibling rivalry...] I don't believe it was necessary.

One thing I would really, really like to see from Kiara in TLG series, which is not going to happen, is for her to actually be like Mulan is in the beginning of her story - desperately trying to fit in and in turn becoming someone else. For example, there could be an episode where Kion remembers how Kiara used to be all playful and kind when they were younger - and then suddenly changed and became the perfect princess. She and Kion could have a heart-to-heart talk, where Kiara confesses that she is only trying to find her other side in being a future queen, and that it's not helping her. So then Kion reassures her that she's going to find her other side one day, and she looks away in the distance, like in TLK2. That would make me happy, but I'm well aware it's not going to happen so... oh well.
:roll: :oops:
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Postby Shawry111 » December 7th, 2015, 1:52 am

^ Yeah, she's not all that important to the plot at all so why change her from The Lion King 2?

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Squeely » December 7th, 2015, 6:13 pm

As the series progresses, I'm hoping we'll get more justification/explanation for Kiara's change of behavior. But if you think about it, her behavior in TLG does make some sense, as she's probably around 12-14. She's going through the snarky, rebellious teen phase. By the time she reached 17+ in SP, she had gone back to being nicer.

One thing is clear: Kiara is older in TLG than she was as a cub in SP. The Lion King series is a bit subtle with ages, but since Kion has a sizable hair tuft and Kiara is his older sister, she's definitely older than she was in SP. It would explain why we didn't see Kion in the first half of SP - if Kiara was about 6 then, Kion would have been about 2 or 3, and thus too young to go out and play. In addition, if Kiara was 6 in SP, that leaves her with a pretty big window of time in which Simba and Nala would have taught her more about being queen, and she would have warmed up to the idea and begun taking it seriously. Of course this is all in lion years/ however LK lions age, but there ya go, that's my explanation.

I don't remember adult Kiara in SP saying she didn't want to be queen, either. My memory may be shaky since it's been roughly a year since I've watched SP, but I don't recall Kiara saying much about being queen as an adult.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Shawry111 » December 9th, 2015, 1:05 am

I hope they change Kiara, I guess... :oops:

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby NaiaRulez » January 31st, 2016, 11:19 am

I also noticed that Kiara's personality changed in every single thing... But I also agree with Sadiki, as childs grow up into teenager phase they change their mind everytime. The fact that Kiara was younger in SP because she was a cub, Kion wasn't born supposedly and she didn't want to grow up and have the responsabilty of the whole Pride Lands. Now that Kiara's older and Kion has born, Kiara just changed her mind as any teenager would do and started to take her responsabilty more seriously, also taking an example to his younger brother Kion.
Otherwise, I think that Kiara's size equivalent to Kion is an error from TLG producers (knowing that Kion wasn't born when Kiara was a cub), maybe they didn't want to change Kiara physical and keep her cub spirit physically, I guess.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard