lion guard scar!?!?

lion guard scar!?!?

Postby Kiana » November 26th, 2015, 5:11 pm

Is anyone else confused about the lion guards scars back story??? I am so confused! Why did disney change that? :?

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Re: lion guard scar!?!?

Postby Troll Berserker » November 26th, 2015, 6:24 pm

And what did they change actually?
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby TheLionPrince » November 26th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Are you referring to the other backstory where Scar was originally named Taka, and he received his scar from Boma, a water buffalo? If so, that story was never considered to be canon, and was ignored by the first film's filmmakers when they named Simba and Nala's newborn cub "Fluffy", not Kopa (the protagonist of Six New Adventures). I do agree Scar having a Lion Guard doesn't segway completely with the context of the first film, but nothing was really changed. It added a story of Mufasa and Scar's earlier years that was never explored before.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Kiana » November 29th, 2015, 4:27 am

I mean that's how he became so jealous driven, I didn't even know he had power like that. I think they added it on but I was still surprised, but in the first film it wasn't even hinted. making I am pretty sure a last minute addition to link the lion guard to the original series so the kids would wonder about the character and watch the first. one thing is it shows he got jealous at a mature age after he had his scar on the cave drawings, along with a mature Mufasa, so it happened at a later time. so the meaning of his scar would have to be something else. the story's like a tale of 2 brothers said at a younger age he got jealous and his actions resulted in his scar. making this story not fit with the rest of Disney's proclamations. that is my point. so this cannot be right.

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 6th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Apparently, one has to do something brave in order to receive the roar for the first time - Kion stuck up for Bunga against the hyenas. I have made up this small fan theory where Scar actually earns his Scar while defending his big brother from something, and carries a nickname as a medal for strength [or a type of a super hero code name] - but then, when they are adults, he grows jealous and does what he does. It just popped into my head this instant, and I think it's a fun theory to work with.

All in all, I wonder if Scar's going to play a bigger role in the series, or is he going to be a cave painting for the rest of his existence. In one scene, we see his painted face looking all ominous, but it doesn't play a big role because Kion didn't get jealous or bitter with Kiara being a queen. The series is going to have that 'I just can't wait to be Quen' episode for Kiara, and the cover of the referenced book has Kion looking a bit... unhappy, so I wonder if it's going to get worked on a little bit more. And somewhere they said we will get to see both Scar and Sarabi as ghosties.

I'd really be happy if we at least got one animation of Scar during the series but... expecting things only brings disappointment.
:?
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » December 7th, 2015, 5:57 pm

I was really dissapointed that they told scars backstory with those horrible CAVE PAINTINGS.
for the love of lions, why didn't they do a flashback with scar and his lion guard buddies, no, just still pictures, drawn badly, on a wall of a cave. sorry but for me it was a big disapointment. I really looked forward to this scene, where the scars guard thing would be explained. i like the lion guard movie, but this was just plain bad, rushed and lazy-off work. :x
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby Squeely » December 11th, 2015, 4:49 am

[quote="Amadi_the_Guard"]And somewhere they said we will get to see both Scar and Sarabi as ghosties[/quote]
So Sarabi did die before SP... That makes me sad :cry:

[quote="zerodix"]I was really dissapointed that they told scars backstory with those horrible CAVE PAINTINGS.[/quote]

I love the cave painting style. I always assumed something like that would be what a cub visualizes when Rafiki tells them a story. It's a neat style and I'd love to see it used now and then throughout the series. But to each their own.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 11th, 2015, 4:50 pm

^Not necessarily. I just saw it somewhere, probably Wikipedia, quite a while before even the movie was even released. It may not be true at all. I don't know if they consider Sarabi important enough to show her again, ghost or not, but they did pleasently surprise us by revealing Nuka and Vitani, so why not. ;)

I loved the cave paintings, but I still wanted to se a younger Scar, or at least Scar as the guard. Not to mention I was hoping for Mufasa and Scar's parents. :oops:
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » December 11th, 2015, 5:36 pm

I hoped to see Scar in action instead of these non moving images on a cave wall. interaction, a new depth, maybe a youthfull scar and a younger Mufasa, and indeed, maybe their parents or other lions of scars lion guard. it looked non-over thought and rushed.. i hope scar will make the appereance into the series later. that would be very awesome.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby Squeely » December 11th, 2015, 8:34 pm

Agreed that would be awesome to see the real Scar, too. Rafiki, you better start tellin' them flashback stories!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Next

Return to The Lion Guard