[SPOILER ALERT] lion guard return of the roar!!!

Re: [SPOILER ALERT] lion guard return of the roar!!!

Postby Shawry111 » November 27th, 2015, 6:17 am

I took so much time on my review and it was well thought out then it got moved here XD, god damn it! :D

So do we know the actual date for the TV series? Do we know how long they will be etc? I wish TLG was longer... I did like it a lot more than I thought I would though...
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Carl » November 27th, 2015, 6:53 am

^ Double posting is against forum rules, please refrain from doing so in the future, and remember you can use the "edit" button on your post to add something else to it.

As for Bunga, yeah a lot of people hate him. I don't have anything against him personally but many do dislike him. I assume episodes of the series will be around 22 minutes long as most series are. I do not know the exact date of the series premier, but it's supposed to be in January.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Troll Berserker » November 27th, 2015, 10:08 am

[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Gaze » November 27th, 2015, 10:18 am

[quote="Troll Berserker"]http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/607434/Adorable-lion-cub-paw-stuck-tree
Real life Zuri :P[/quote]
haha oh man, that's so cute! the resemblance is uncanny :P
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 27th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Janurary 3 is when the series starts, I think
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Shawry111 » November 27th, 2015, 11:52 pm

[quote="Killjoy Dixon"]^ Double posting is against forum rules, please refrain from doing so in the future, and remember you can use the "edit" button on your post to add something else to it.

As for Bunga, yeah a lot of people hate him. I don't have anything against him personally but many do dislike him. I assume episodes of the series will be around 22 minutes long as most series are. I do not know the exact date of the series premier, but it's supposed to be in January.[/quote]

Oh woops, I didn't even realise as it was a new page I had no idea. Sorry. I actually already knew that. :P

EDIT: Oh so not that far away, I guess. At least it's the holidays now. :P Give the lion guard a rating out of ten real quick, I wanna see. :D

My rating:

8.6/10
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » November 28th, 2015, 11:40 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Janurary 3 is when the series starts, I think[/quote]

I have heard that too, but just on the internet. I am waiting for something official from Disney.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » November 29th, 2015, 5:04 am

the reason Kion is so big is because he is older than Simba was inTLK. Kion seems to be about 10/12 fictional age, and Simba was probably 5/7 fictional age. I like that Kion is bigger, and i personally think that Timon and Pumbaa shouldn't even be in it.
overall, i give it a 9.5 out of 10. I like Bunga more than i did, he is funny sometimes, but others are just worthy of a cringe. Those fart jokes need to die. they shouldn't teach kids that thats funny! I like Tiifu, Kiara, Beshte, Janja, and Fuli a lot. Overall, Kion is the best ever. I never love the main characters usually but Kion was amazing and he is the best. Samba is kinda a Jerk, and Nala has a derp face on the entire movie, so i can't judge her yet. Ono is a geek and always cracks annoying puns about his eyesight, and Bunga is ok, but like Kiara said, he's more stupid than brave. Now Rafiki... He is so annoying. Just yelling and all crazy the entire time... he looks insane unlike the first movie. I like Zuri, but she is too whiny. :? Timon and Pumbaa are just background characters and so annoying. I like Pumbaa in the first movie, but in all the others he is not as funny, and Timon i just despise. I loved the movie though and can't wait for the series!
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby Carl » November 29th, 2015, 6:00 am

My 7 year old cousin has just seen it. His opinion is this: it's really good, he can't wait to see the TV series, and his favorite character is "the whole entire Lion Guard." He also says Kiara and Tiifu are okay, but Zuri is "nothing but a big old cry baby." He loved the fart jokes, and became concerned when the hyenas were plotting (he thought they'd kill Simba, apparently). As a fan of Teen Titans Go! he was shocked to discover that Rafiki has the same voice actor as Cyborg. He really liked Zuka Zama and keeps repeating the phrase. He's seen Simba's Pride before, but told me he doesn't remember it, and therefore has no opinion on Kiara's cub status.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Moka » November 29th, 2015, 8:50 am

I finally got around to seeing it and I am absolutely blown away! I feel it totally captured the feeling of the original movie with the music and animation. It moves at a faster pace, as shows and movies tend to these days, and it is clearly more childish, but I think that is necessary for today's audience. The target audience is kids from, like, 8 to 13, maybe. The Lion Guard comprises "preteen" characters and the main villains are young "teenagers," which is a contrast to the movies, where the main characters enter adulthood within 30 short minutes. This allows The Lion Guard to remain playful and, frankly, interesting. These are the kind of stories older Lion King fans are hoping for, too, although instead of the adventures of Simba as a cub, we are seeing the world through the eyes of his son.

Kion is very lovable. I sort of expected him to be annoying, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm actually happy with all the characters. Bunga doesn't bother me like he seems to bother some people. Our first look at Zuri portrays her as annoying, but I'm sure she'll get better. All TV shows have that annoying person in season 1 that gets less annoying and then quite likable. Ono's voice is amazing. Fuli is great, because cheetah, but the fur design leaves A LOT to be desired. Is she supposed to be a king cheetah? Even so, she's missing the signature black tear lines and why is her nose light brown? She looks like a baboon. The original movie had cheetahs in it, did they not look at their design before making hers?

I don't really care if timelines and storylines are screwed up because of this show. Canons all over the world are screwed up. If they need to invalidate parts of the poorly received, direct-to-video sequel in order to tell a great story, let them.

So, yeah, really good. Looking forward to seeing the rest. I'd write more, but it's getting late.

'Til the Pride Lands end,
Lion Guard defend!

:roar3:

We need some Lion Guard smilies.

EDIT1: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47265

EDIT2: Does anyone know if Fuli is male or female? Fuli's voice actress is female, but Kion and Bunga refer to him/her as "he" and "him" in the show.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard