First reviews are pouring in.

First reviews are pouring in.

Postby Elton John » November 20th, 2015, 8:54 pm

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/11/20/the-lion-guard-return-of-the-roar-review

IGN gives it a 7.7/10 stating that the music is good and that for longtime fans of the franchise it is worth a watch but parts of it are definitely geared more towards a young audience and they're unsure if adults will want to tune in from week to week but it's sure to delight younger audiences.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: First reviews are pouring in.

Postby Ultra Fox » November 21st, 2015, 2:39 am

Pretty much what I predicted.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby FireAndSun » November 21st, 2015, 2:44 am

I'm not too surprised. I probably won't watch it, since stuff for really young kids doesn't really hold my attention.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Elton John » November 21st, 2015, 3:05 am

From what I understand it's nothing great but far from being the disaster that many predicted. I'll watch it with my expectations in check.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FireAndSun » November 21st, 2015, 3:16 am

Well, it's good that it's better than what I was expecting. A lot of stuff for really young kids has little substance to it. Too many who make stuff for little kids seem to forget that the age of your target audience is never an excuse to put no effort in. Maybe I'll give it a look when I'm bored and need something to do for an hour or something. I never expected it to be anything great, but then I'm far older than the target audience.
Last edited by FireAndSun on November 21st, 2015, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Elton John » November 21st, 2015, 3:28 am

I'm predicting that the lion guard is a toned down version of 'the lion king' but not completely toned down. There will still be themes of life and death, a little violence, maybe some romance, but not on the same level as the original.

Disney is never going to make the hand drawn THEATRICAL sequel this franchise deserves so I take what I can get. And what we are getting doesn't seem to be terrible.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 21st, 2015, 4:18 am

its better then nothing I just they tone it up a bit more in the future, just like they did with my little pony
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » November 21st, 2015, 9:16 am

[quote="TheBlueQueen"]I'm far older than the target audience.[/quote]

Same here, but I just get more excited with every new thing that comes out. I will be shocked if I don't love this movie.

[quote="Elton John"]There will still be themes of life and death, a little violence, maybe some romance, but not on the same level as the original.[/quote]

That would be great, I never expected this movie to in the same league as the original. All the behind the scenes things we have been shown give me confidence that the production team cares about this show. I think expecting something above a typical preschool show is not hoping for too much.

[quote="Elton John"]Disney is never going to make the hand drawn THEATRICAL sequel this franchise deserves so I take what I can get. And what we are getting doesn't seem to be terrible.[/quote]

My heart won't allow me to say we will never get a THEATRICAL sequel to this franchise, but I am well aware that my hope that The Lion Guard will inspire such an event are at there most realistic, wishful thinking on my part. For now like yourself I am happy to be getting something new of The Lion King.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on November 21st, 2015, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » November 21st, 2015, 9:24 am

I think it will come down to moments where when one of us older audiences are watching, we will be going "this is just like the movie!" mixed with moments of "call me when this scene is done." I doubt it will be bad, but I also don't think that Disney did not sugar coat some scenes to the point where it will give you diabetes.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » November 21st, 2015, 9:48 am

[quote="DGFone"]I also don't think that Disney did not sugar coat some scenes to the point where it will give you diabetes.[/quote]

Being that this is a preschool show I think that some things can be expected to be sugar coated, but given the implication that Simba gave Kion THE TALK I hope that said sugar coating will be off-set with some things that the adult fans will appreciate that will sail right over the heads of the target audience. and no I don't mean veiled adult humor all the time.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion Guard