I just had this wild thought about scars guard.

Re: I just had this wild thought about scars guard.

Postby Carl » October 27th, 2015, 6:48 am

Yes, she is right we shouldn't get our expectations up. The reason people are calling her out on it however is because she's the one who's been doing that the most, she keeps setting the bar high and saying she'll have to give up TLK altogether if certain conditions aren't met. Maybe she's gotten over it, but people here weren't calling her out for being wrong, they were calling her out for being a hypocrite.

She's acting like we all expect to see Nala's father on the Guard, when, if I must direct you all back to the first page, what people said was along these lines:

What if?
Would we be so lucky?
It would be cool, but who knows if they'll touch on it.

As of right now, all we can do about TLG is to theorize and speculate, and whether the show is good and meets our expectations or not it is just a show for kids. I don't see what the purpose in interrupting speculation to tell people to stop and derail the thread has. If someone can't deal with the potential disappointment that goes along with speculation, then quite honestly they shouldn't be in this section of the board at all right now.

So let us please keep these topics on topic from now on, yes? This thread was created because of the possibility of Nala's father having been on Scar's Guard. It's for speculating about Scar's Guard and how it ties in. So let's theorize about that stuff or get out of this thread.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Hatari05 » October 27th, 2015, 8:30 am

(Kionthelionguard) I was referring to both of you but I for a moment was mistaken that two people said those things sorry I wasn't paying full attention my bad, though good job on the terminator analogy good point sorry I didn't notice you were the one who said that.

(So we're both guilty of not reading everything before we comment, so no biggie)

(Julie Skywalker) Looking back through this topic I didn't see gothprincesskiara starting anything in fact that was her first comment in this topic so no she really didn't but this is a speculation forum which is the whole point of it all so I can see where you're coming from, I agree with you there let's get back on the topic at hand.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Carl » October 27th, 2015, 8:42 am

Her drama has been in other places, that's why you didn't see it in this thread. She's made mountains out of molehills all over the forum off and on, and that's what people have been referring to.

As to the topic itself, I suspect that we won't get a lot of information, if any about Scar's Guard itself. However, for some reason I do find myself expecting the Guard to have consisted of predominantly males, with perhaps some females thrown in. Perhaps this is because typically in a lion pride the males are meant to protect the territory and the pride, while the females do the hunting. I'd expect that pulling females from the hunting team to be on the Guard could eventually lead to trouble as the best fighters would also be the best hunters in most cases. Whether or not the show will address the gender composition of Scar's Guard or whether or not Nala's father will be mentioned or alluded to remains to be seen, but I'd consider them possibilities.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby SimbasGuard » October 27th, 2015, 10:04 am

Knowing that this series is intend for preschoolers has been the major thing holding the series back in my mind. There are tons of amazing Lion King stories that Disney could look into with The Lion Guard, but I am afraid that being a preschool series will keep the stories from being too deep content-wise. Although all the previews we have been shown, would not lead me to believe this is a preschool series. If I did not already know that. I think it is O.K. to hope for just slightly more than what you would realistically expect from a preschool show. The previews definitely do not feel like a preschool show. I think hoping for some kind of detail that could go over a preschoolers head, but have a far deeper resonance with us older fans is not too far fetched of an idea. The fact that they are at least referencing events that happened before Simba was born is huge. I doubt we will get much info on what Mufasa and Scar were like when they were younger, but at least we will get something.

Something I am curious about, is how old were Scar and his guard when they started? Did they start as young as Kion and his group or were they young adults (as the FAN THEORY about Nala's Father suggests) I personally think that Scar and his guard were just slightly older than adult Kovu was in Lion King 2. The only reasoning I have behind this (aside from really liking the idea about Nala's Father) is that I can't see cub Scar destroying his Lion Guard. Adult Scar definitely, but not cub Scar.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 27th, 2015, 4:43 pm

I feel a little hurt that others are calling me a hypocrite, I am a passionate Lion King fan, and it is my second religion, and we all know we cant get or expect what we all wish, so I took the time to get used to what is make do with what is, and think about and I got over all the disappointment of what I was not happy about and I moved on, because we cant change by what is. its like getting a broken heart from a break up, the break up happens, you cry and whine and then you get over it and move on, that is all I did. anyway I also wanted to mention that im staying away from the what ifs, because I dont want to get my hopes up again, ok im done now :roll: .
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Hatari05 » October 28th, 2015, 3:58 am

(GothPrincessKiara) People react differently to different things though as said they are well aware a lot of this isn't very likely so I suppose there's no reason to state that little of this is likely. It's just a fun debate.

I don't see you as too much of a hypocrite it's common for people to see things different ways. Don't feel bad about the comment the truth is everyone is a hypocrite at some point we all hold strong to our opinions and while we do try to accept others it doesn't necessarily always work because we are naturally going to defend what we believe. So don't feel bad about the statement it's not as bad as it sounds we all have those moments.

(Julie Skywalker) Perhaps she has but I think her reasons sound pretty sincere if you don't believe it that's fine there's no reason to call anyone anything though even if you do think it. Just saying.

As for the rest of the topic I've already said this but I would like Simba and Kion to be more strained and at odds over how things are done give both a valid point and let this differing moral belief between them be a central theme of the series I also like this because it's relatively new Kiara and Simba were strained but mainly do to Kiara's desire for freedom as well her fathers lack of trust. We've never had a conflict of believes and ideals between well any of the characters really and one between father and son would be very interesting.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » October 28th, 2015, 4:45 am

I simply explained why people are reacting to her unnecessary comment in the way they are, considering that said comment completely derailed EJ's topic. Whether she is sincere or not, her comment was unneeded and contradicts the way she has behaved.

EJ brought up an interesting theory that deserves attention and discussion whether it comes true or not. He puts a lot of thought into these things and brings up points worthy of discussion.

I mean think about it; what if Nala's father were on the Guard? What if he and Scar were close? What if they were foils? Whether it's addressed by the show or not, there's a lot of discussion to be had here which could lead to interesting fan fics or headcanons. At this point, we've all been disappointed by some of the revealed information, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take the time to have fun speculating. I honestly don't have any expectations for the show that couldn't be obtained from the trailer; I expect the quality of the visuals and audio that we saw, and I expect it to be okay--not great, not horrible.

I highly doubt we'll learn much if anything about the lions who were on Scar's Guard, unless it is important to the plot. But it's fun to think about who could have been on the team. In addition to Nala's father, perhaps Zira could have been on the Guard (as I've seen people speculate elsewhere), and perhaps there were other interesting characters there too. Likely, we won't get answers about this. But it would be cool to have proof that Nala isn't Mufasa's or Scar's.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Hatari05 » October 28th, 2015, 4:50 am

I understood your reasoning and in truth i do agree with you on one thing there is no further need to derail this thread.

I have never really cared about the idea of Nala's father but him being a part of Scar's lion guard would solve that mystery so can't argue with that. I know I would like to see more on Scar's lion guard what drove him to betray him was he ever heroic or did he mostly sit around waiting for things to happen and eventually faded to the background. A scar backstory episode would be cool tying Nala's father into it all the better cool theory.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » October 28th, 2015, 8:13 am

Well Sofia The First had 23 episodes in it's first season, I think it is safe to assume that The Lion Guard will have that same amount. with 23 episodes there is a lot of story potential. Many things could be explored. Knowing about Nala's Father is something I have wanted official information on for 21 years. I don't even care that it will invalidate my Fan Fiction I would welcome any information on Nala's Father. The Lion Guard could be used to flesh some story elements out. It wouldn't even need to be a full episode. If this were not a Preschool series I'd be far more excited than I am, because there would be no telling what kind of stories we could expect. Nala's Dad at least being mentioned, is at least possible. I will also try to NOT belabor this point any more.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Was Nala's Dad in Scar's Lion Guard?

Postby Kion » January 17th, 2016, 2:15 pm

And is that a good explanation as to why he wasn't in the TLK movie?

Scar had killed him off along with the other lions in his Lion Guard?
Kion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hevi Kabisa

Nickname(s): Sam
Pride Points: 3

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard