I just had this wild thought about scars guard.

Re: Was Nala's Dad in Scar's Lion Guard?

Postby Rollo » January 17th, 2016, 2:50 pm

I brought this up on Tumblr a couple of weeks ago. It's highly plausible. Even if it's clearly not the original idea they might've had back when the first film was being made, it'd be a neat explanation for it, should TLG ever decide to touch on the subject.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » January 18th, 2016, 5:08 am

That theory has definite possibilities. If Disney went with that idea it would give than an excuse to approach the subject of Who Nala's Dad is. :thumbsup:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » January 20th, 2016, 12:28 am

[quote="Kion"]And is that a good explanation as to why he wasn't in the TLK movie?

Scar had killed him off along with the other lions in his Lion Guard?[/quote]
I have merged your topic with a preexisting one about the same thing.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: I just had this wild thought about scars guard.

Postby Squeely » January 23rd, 2016, 7:03 pm

It's certainly likely that Nala's dad was on the Guard, and it would explain why we never saw him in TLK. It's a little ambiguous as to whether Scar's roar killed members of his Guard or not, or killed a few and injured a few. If any weren't killed, it's possible they ran off for fear of being killed.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » January 24th, 2016, 11:02 am

[quote="Squeely"]It's certainly likely that Nala's dad was on the Guard, and it would explain why we never saw him in TLK. It's a little ambiguous as to whether Scar's roar killed members of his Guard or not, or killed a few and injured a few. If any weren't killed, it's possible they ran off for fear of being killed.[/quote]

I know we are of opposite opinions on this matter :) Let's say for argument's sake that Nala's Dad was indeed a member of Scar's Lion Guard and that like you suspect Scar's ROAR injured his teammates enough that they felt they had to flee for their lives. It seems wrong to leave and let your Expectant wife believe you are dead. :? I just prefer to think Nala's Dad is a better lion than that. That is why I am of the mindset that if Nala's Dad was on Scar's Lion Guard, he at least did not survive Scar's attack.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Rollo » January 24th, 2016, 12:42 pm

I also believe that Scar's Guard died from his roar. I don't think TLG would be hesitant to have that be the truth, perhaps more-so to have to explain it. It is a rather grim idea. We already know that death will be a theme in TLG, what with the elephant funeral in CWTBQ, so I wouldn't put it past the creators if that was the intended outcome behind Scar's roar's destruction. It would make his villain status go up by 1000 points lol.

I think the only plothole it would create would be why Mufasa would allow Scar to live at Pride Rock if he already knew he was a murderer. I suspect Scar most likely never told him or the pride the truth - after all, he was so good at coming up with an excuse for Mufasa and Simba's 'death'. If it's the case, we could suspect that Sarafina simply had to get on it with raising Nala despite her husband's death, and the mourning process took place during the events before the first film.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby kyomon » January 24th, 2016, 6:03 pm

possible actually. i thought of the same thing, then again, like most people, her father was probably just some other lion passing through.
kyomon

Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard