New Animation vs Old Animation

New Animation vs Old Animation

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 26th, 2015, 3:46 am

Ugh! :annoyed: ok this to those out there who hate computer animation, Technology is being upgraded everyday, and animation isn't what it used to be get over it!, the way the Disney the Lion King was done on TREES, Today they are saving trees by using technology, thats why they did TLG with computer animation nothing will be the same so long as technology improves. Thats part of life everyone. Time to get used to it people, clearly for me I see no difference actually. besides they did alot of the TLK movie with computer animation too. so why are they complaining about it.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: New Animation vs Old Animation

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » August 26th, 2015, 4:09 am

Any and every fandom likes to whine and bicker about stuff that they feel should be changed for their own personal needs. That's just the way it is unfortunately, and it won't change for as long as people like to start arguments over the little things in life.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 26th, 2015, 4:37 am

Well if you grow up a Disney fan, you have to accept change dont you?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » August 26th, 2015, 4:45 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Well if you grow up a Disney fan, you have to accept change dont you?[/quote]

Well, some people don't. Or they just want to argue for no reason at all just to get attention and stir up a flame war like i said. Tis a hard truth, but there's really nothing we can do to change those people so i wouldn't bother.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby DGFone » August 26th, 2015, 4:51 am

Trees used for paper-making are grown specifically for the task, and those trees that are not planted specifically for pulp-making are cut down and replanted in cycles, so the net result is that using paper doesn't actually save any trees. Paper is a steady state factor in the global number of trees, and doesn't change the number in any meaningful quantities.

The reason why Disney chose to use CGI rather than proper 2D animation is because it is much easier, quicker, and cheaper to do so, and not because they care about a couple of pine trees.

The reason why people are upset with the TLG designs is because they are different, rather than because they are CGI rather than hand-drawn. Compare the hyenas in the TLG clip they released with the hyenas in the first movie. The TLG hyenas are much rounder and 'cartoony' than the movie ones, and I think that's one of the things ticking people off. I know I prefer the old designs over the new ones.

The ironic thing is that it's not even something that will be very hard to change - to make the designs match the movies better. After all, Kion looks close to the movie designs, so why are the other animals so different? The reason is because the creators made the conscious decision to go with a different style, and if I had to make a bet, I am certain that it's to due with the fact that TLG is meant to be watched by six year olds, while the movies were meant for slightly older children. Technology was not an issue that brought about the differences in styles.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby zerodix » August 26th, 2015, 11:36 am

i think they did a great job on the new animation. it is different from the old style, but today it is impossible to make frame by frame animation since it is really expensive.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby kiliaarts » August 26th, 2015, 1:18 pm

They could have done it hand drawn on many programs there for not using up paper (so that is invalid) and it still would have been 2D traditional hand drawn animation. CGI is cheaper and quicker and quiet frankly more lazy as you put in a few commands and the pc animates for you basically.

I have a huge passion for 2D animation and wanted to do animating but theres nothing where I live that do the hand drawn animation anymore as its all the new CGI.
Basically the old way of animating is dying down and is basically lost. People can't be stuffed animating for 4 years as they want it done here and now.
kiliaarts

Pride Points: 1

Postby Tsuki » August 26th, 2015, 5:04 pm

I do miss 2D animation but I think they did a great job on the animation for Lion Guard :)
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 26th, 2015, 5:08 pm

[quote="Tsuki"]I do miss 2D animation but I think they did a great job on the animation for Lion Guard :)[/quote]

It's still 2D animation. What differentiates it from the older animation is that it isn't done in the typical hand-drawn(neither with paper and pencil or digitally with tablets) style.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Tsuki » August 26th, 2015, 5:12 pm

[quote="Captain Cupcake"][quote="Tsuki"]I do miss 2D animation but I think they did a great job on the animation for Lion Guard :)[/quote]

It's still 2D animation. What differentiates it from the older animation is that it isn't done in the typical hand-drawn(neither with paper and pencil or digitally with tablets) style.[/quote]

Ahh rightio. Wasn't sure if it's classed as 2D if it's done on a computer even if it looks 2D. Thanks for clearing this up :).
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Next

Return to The Lion Guard