Saddeningly disappointed with the reveals so far.

Re: Saddeningly disappointed with the reveals so far.

Postby HereWeStand » August 26th, 2015, 7:09 am

I too want Disney to give The Lion King attention, believe me. But I want them to give it attention for what it really is, not for a shell of what it used to be. I'm concerned they'll ruin what was so majestic about it before the show if they make it too kiddy. It's gonna be far too upsetting if they actually ruin the grandness of the original with so much rewriting of the original universe. :/

Also, spirituality =/= magic IMO. I don't consider ghosts to be 'magic', but maybe that's just me. I always saw the original as a Shamanist but otherwise realistic universe (save the animals talking in English, but there's no way to work around that unless they entire film was subbed and the voice acting was just lions on a mic. :lol:).

And yeah, sadly TLK isn't as much profit material merchandise-wise, they know princesses will sell far more.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » August 26th, 2015, 7:31 am

I'm just really freaking sick about all the negativity surrounding tlg. At worst, you can just ignore it's existence like a lot of fans of the first movie do towards anything created after the first movie. It's mostly just the die hard fans that care about the sequels/comics/etc.

At best it might be good.

This show isn't going to damage the reputation of the franchise (if it does turn out to be bad) any worse than the t&p show did or the second dtv sequel did.

The Lion Guard was created because most of the people who loved the original at release are in their 20's and 30's and have young kids of their own most likely. What better way to introduce a new audience to the franchise than by creating something these adults might want to watch with their kids even if just out of curiousity? That way they can also introduce to their kids the original movies too.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby escobea1 » August 26th, 2015, 7:46 am

I am just excited to see the Lion King characters again and what new dialogue and adventures they have. Whether the plot and lore is amusing, disturbing, boring or insulting is up to the viewer. I like the story of the Lion Guard so far. Kion and his friends will protect the Pride Lands essentially during a mostly peaceful period it seems (as in no Outlander lioness drama, dry lands, or impending war) so, for me, it's pleasing to watch new colorful artworks of the Lion King environments and character quips/reactions. I don't focus on whether something is canon because it doesn't disturb/taint what I remember enjoying. I will take from the show what I enjoy and shrug off what I don't. Who knows, maybe disneyxd can launch a spinoff on characters we're more familiar with (perhaps with drama more on par with the original films). I do like this discussion since it's interesting to read both sides of fan opinion without too much of the "You don't like what I like so boo!" arguments. I appreciate the board HereWeStand and everbody's responses!
escobea1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Carl » August 26th, 2015, 7:59 am

[quote="Elton John"]I'm just really freaking sick about all the negativity surrounding tlg. At worst, you can just ignore it's existence like a lot of fans of the first movie do towards anything created after the first movie. It's mostly just the die hard fans that care about the sequels/comics/etc.

At best it might be good.

This show isn't going to damage the reputation of the franchise (if it does turn out to be bad) any worse than the t&p show did or the second dtv sequel did.

The Lion Guard was created because most of the people who loved the original at release are in their 20's and 30's and have young kids of their own most likely. What better way to introduce a new audience to the franchise than by creating something these adults might want to watch with their kids even if just out of curiousity? That way they can also introduce to their kids the original movies too.[/quote]
You make good points, but try not to let the negativity bother you. Someone will always dislike any given thing. Even if they absolutely hate it, there's no reason to stress yourself or for you not to enjoy it yourself. It's okay for you to be excited and optimistic, and it's okay for others to be disappointed and cautious.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » August 26th, 2015, 8:06 am

I guess.

It's not easy to avoid the negativity surrounding this show because it's everywhere related to it. Granted, the people in this topic who are negative towards it have put a lot more thought into why they are than most so i'll give them credit for that.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby WildSimba » August 26th, 2015, 8:51 am

Personally, I'm excited, I thought the preview looked awesome.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Shadowfax » August 26th, 2015, 10:07 am

[quote="Simbaholic"] (Because having kids in your 20s is far too early, but I digress) [/quote]

LMAO!!! Sorry, me and my partner had a good giggle about this one! Actually... it's not 'too early' I am 27... 9 months and 3 weeks pregnant with my first child and I feel more than ready. So long as you've lived a little, are financially secure and you yourself feel ready for kids I don't think it's too early at all. Having kids when your 30+ increases the chance on miscarriage and other problems too. I could go on forever about that, but i'll get back to being on topic. That statement just made me laugh xD

Unpopular opinion ahead, please stop reading if you don't want rain on your parade.

[quote]thank you! yes please stop bring the negative down on others, if you dont like the show keep it to yourself please[/quote]

Idon'tknowwhyiambotheringtoreplytothisasyouneverevenspeaktomewhenireplyeitherway... BUT gothprincesskiara.. You totally bypassed the first line of this thread... EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion on this show and I can't see anything too harsh about what HereWeStand has said.

Right, now i've had my moan :P

Some of my opinions are similar to yours also HereWeStand. I am personally looking forward to watching this show with my daughter, I am more excited for her though than myself. It does looks like they've done well with the animation (And I agree it does look better than Simba's Prides animation did) Though it does seem a bit choppy, but most animations this day and age seem to unfortunately =(

I've never got my hopes up too high about this show and I see it more as a 'stand alone' TLK project and try not to relate it too much to the masterpiece that came out in 1994. It'll be nice to have new merch etc, but.. it'll never live up to the original movie.

Totally agree about the badger too xD Watching the preview I was instantly like 'I am not going to like this character.... Kion seems ok though.

My opinion over all.. It'll be a fun thing to watch, but nothing 'overly' special.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Simbaholikov » August 26th, 2015, 2:12 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"][quote="Simbaholic"] (Because having kids in your 20s is far too early, but I digress) [/quote]

LMAO!!! Sorry, me and my partner had a good giggle about this one! Actually... it's not 'too early' I am 27... 9 months and 3 weeks pregnant with my first child and I feel more than ready. So long as you've lived a little, are financially secure and you yourself feel ready for kids I don't think it's too early at all. Having kids when your 30+ increases the chance on miscarriage and other problems too. I could go on forever about that, but i'll get back to being on topic. That statement just made me laugh xD[/quote]

I'm laughing too, but for a number of different reasons. :P

---

[quote="Elton John"]The Lion Guard was created because most of the people who loved the original at release are in their 20's and 30's and have young kids of their own most likely. What better way to introduce a new audience to the franchise than by creating something these adults might want to watch with their kids even if just out of curiousity? That way they can also introduce to their kids the original movies too.[/quote]

But as has been mentioned before you can appeal to kids without making it so outrageous, tons of kids loved the original film without all of this flashy nonsense. From the preview so far if I wanted to introduce kids to TLK I'd just show them the original film instead, the characters just seem to bratty (Well, that annoying badger at least so far) for me to enjoy as an adult.

It's nice that people can handle different opinions and have a proper discussion though, I was worried when I saw the first few replies.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 26th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Plain and simple. So having a new show that brings the fandom to a new generation is fantastic. The parents, even if they don't like it, they can be like "lemme show you what REALLY happened" and show them the original movie. I just have my fingers crossed that it does well so that maybe the rest of the fandom gets the spotlight again. They could begin to release more merch, rerelease the movies, who knows?! But it all depends on if it does well.

:D and that is exactly part of my mission im hoping for.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Shadowfax » August 26th, 2015, 3:17 pm

[quote]I'm laughing too, but for a number of different reasons. :P[/quote]

You and me both :P
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard