The Outlands and the Hyenas

The Outlands and the Hyenas

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 20th, 2015, 6:12 pm

Notice how the Outlands look compared to the SP? I don't know where to begin with this, in the 3 minute clip it looks more like a canyon now then a barren waste land with termite mounds, but were there any termite mounds in the clip we were given? lets study these pictures, and I can only say that it makes Simple sense that SImba has banished the hyenas to the outlands, case closed on that no question there, but the outlands look nothing alike between the footage from either film. and this different look of the outlands seems more like what I see int the PS1 Lion King game version for anyone who has played that, which I actually have it. anyway whats your opinion on this

Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: The Outlands and the Hyenas

Postby Tsuki » August 20th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Actually....looking at this, the "Outlands" in the Lion Guard reminds me of the Gorge in the first movie.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby SimbasGuard » August 20th, 2015, 10:54 pm

It is definitely not the same Outlands that were in Lion King 2. Perhaps Outlands is a designation given to territory where enemies of The Pride Lands live.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on September 2nd, 2015, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 21st, 2015, 12:02 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]It is definitely not the same Outlands that were in Lion King 2. Perhaps Outlands is a designation to territory where enemies of The Pride Lands live.[/quote]

hmmm your probably right, that would make more sense

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » August 21st, 2015, 4:42 am

Even though they explicitly stated that it was the Outlands, I always felt that where Kion and Bunga ran into the hyenas was an extension/part of the gorge. The geography certainly matches it a lot closer than the Outlands in SP.

Remember that in Simba's pride, we saw Kiara cross from the Pride Lands into the Outlands: the border was marked by a creek crossing, but for the most part, the two are at the same elevation.

In The Lion Guard, the gorge Kion and Bunga were playing with fell down a cliff - one that is highly reminiscent of the gorge from the first movie. Of course, there is nothing to say that the gorge, or a small part of it, wasn't in the Outlands as well as the Pride Lands.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 21st, 2015, 5:01 am

[quote="DGFone"]Even though they explicitly stated that it was the Outlands, I always felt that where Kion and Bunga ran into the hyenas was an extension/part of the gorge. The geography certainly matches it a lot closer than the Outlands in SP.

Remember that in Simba's pride, we saw Kiara cross from the Pride Lands into the Outlands: the border was marked by a creek crossing, but for the most part, the two are at the same elevation.

In The Lion Guard, the gorge Kion and Bunga were playing with fell down a cliff - one that is highly reminiscent of the gorge from the first movie. Of course, there is nothing to say that the gorge, or a small part of it, wasn't in the Outlands as well as the Pride Lands.[/quote]

very true

gothprincesskiara

Postby zerodix » September 2nd, 2015, 12:13 pm

I got confused since I thought it was the Gorge from the Original movie. I heard them call it the Outlands indeed. Strange thing is, in the first movie they called the lands that belong to the hyena's the "northern border" and in the second movie, the Outlands were across a river with crocodiles, also not in a gorge. I wonder how the hyena's got stuck in this area and why the Outlands suddenly have a new location XD
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » September 2nd, 2015, 11:56 pm

[quote="zerodix"]I wonder how the hyena's got stuck in this area and why the Outlands suddenly have a new location XD[/quote]

As for the Hyenas, Nuka stated in that The Hyenas ran off. Perhaps this new Outlands is where they eventually relocated.

As for why The Outlands are in a new location: If MY THEORY is correct, The Outlands we saw in Lion King 2 are no longer inhabited. The term The Outlands may refer too a territory inhabited by enemies of the Pride Lands.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard