Possible love interest/crush for Kion?

Re: Possible love interest/crush for Kion?

Postby Elton John » August 16th, 2015, 3:30 pm

I think it would be a shock if it didn't. It's uncommon in disney stuff for the lead male protagonist not to fall in love or have a crush on the lead female protagonist unless they are stated to be related.

Even in chip and dale rescue rangers there's a hint of romance between the chip dale and gadget.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 16th, 2015, 4:21 pm

yourmjumping to conclusions to fast, an we still havent seen the movie yet, I say we wait till we see the first
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 16th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Yeah, you're right.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbaPrescott » August 16th, 2015, 9:55 pm

Personally, I hope they don't really bother with a love interest here. It just seems so out of place in a show aimed at really little kids. The friendship storyline should be the focus if anything (which seems to be going well).
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elton John » August 16th, 2015, 9:55 pm

But kion needs a bae.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » August 17th, 2015, 7:02 am

[quote="Elton John"]But as Ian Malcom said in jurassic park, life finds a way.[/quote]

But that was a case of Life finding a way past the human made safeguards. Not past nature's own design. Besides if Disney planed on Paring Kion and Fuli I doubt that they would bother having the wildlife experts form Disney's Animal Kingdom as constants on the show.

[quote="Akril"]I thought Ono was going to be a female, but I was wrong.)[/quote]

Same here.

[quote="Elton John"]Even in chip and dale rescue rangers there's a hint of romance between the chip dale and gadget.[/quote]

True, in fact I liked the idea of Chip and Gadget, but when your animal characters are humanized to the point of wearing clothes, it gives you some creative leeway. Also when I was younger I never gave any thought to the genetics of the aforementioned paring.

[quote="Elton John"]But kion needs a bae.[/quote]

I agree with that, But if a love interest for Kion is introduced in the series I doubt she will be introduced until mid-season.

Also like has been stated if there is a lioness Kion's age on the show she will be introduced as a friend. However if and when she is introduced I know the first thing I am going to think is Oh Kion has met his future wife.

Also while I am against the idea of a Kion/Fuli paring, I will admit that they do look cute together.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KingKivuli » August 17th, 2015, 8:21 am

If Kion is going to have a love interest in this I don't think it will go any further than what Simba and Nala used to be like even up to the point of denial cause they are friends. Of cause fans like is will just sit back and giggle thinking 'Oh yes you will'

As for who it could be the idea to show boys and girls can be friends is a good one. If it is the cheetah girl then it is a bit of a message that you be with who you like not who you are told to.

This is speculation of course it is better to wait and see. Chances are we are overthinking it after all it is giving the impression it is a kids show.... yet here I am 25 year old male analysing it and honestly looking forward to it
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Claws » August 17th, 2015, 8:35 am

Well as some have been saying I don't think they'll go too much further with it as to have an actual love thing, I pretty much agree to think they'll stick to that "Ewwww girls are disgusting/boring" reaction Simba had at first, but who knows... If anything, if it is as KK said and the thing involves the cheetah, I'd be happy with it, it'd be a bit more of a change, and cuter to my eyes xD
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby DGFone » August 17th, 2015, 9:06 am

I doubt there will be any serious crush/love interest here. Since we are all far older than those the show is made for, naturally we are over thinking this by a lot. They will be friends, and at the same time, they will be rivals. End of story.

After all, at the end of the day, there are also the children's parents who Disney needs to worry about, and if they hooked up a lion and a cheetah together... I don't think that's even possible in real life. The two are already genetically different enough (excluding the fact that in real life, lions treat cheetahs the same as hyenas), that to get the two together might cause some parents some concern. And if there is one thing Disney is afraid of, it's the class action law suit.

If Kion will get a crush in the show, it will be a lion, like him.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Yumacub » August 17th, 2015, 10:23 am

No love interest imo yet. It's a show for preschoolers. :P
ImageImage
Yumacub
Queen of the Wildlands~

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Love is what it's all about! <3

Nickname(s): Yumi Yuma YC
Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard