RUMOR: Kovu is dead by the time 'the lion guard' happens?

Re: RUMOR: Kovu is dead by the time 'the lion guard' happens

Postby SimbaPrescott » July 13th, 2015, 4:08 pm

Honestly, since this is a show/movie that really is being aimed towards little kids, I highly doubt they'll kill off Kovu.

I'm taking his comment as very tongue in cheek. I'm not in the slightest bit worried at this stage.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2015, 4:16 pm

[quote="SimbaPrescott"]Honestly, since this is a show/movie that really is being aimed towards little kids, I highly doubt they'll kill off Kovu.

I'm taking his comment as very tongue in cheek. I'm not in the slightest bit worried at this stage.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » July 13th, 2015, 4:37 pm

What about the possibility that the voice actor was trolling?

It could be the case that he doesn't actually know what's going on, and is most likely just as clueless as we are. Just because he voiced Kovu once doesn't mean he will again. Perhaps it was to something a fan (or fans) asked him, or because he simply felt like it, but he went onto twitter and said that there is no Kovu, well, for the lolz.

Think about it: this way he isn't actually in breach of any NDA's, and Disney can always say that his tweat is not legitimate if they do bring Kovu in.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2015, 4:39 pm

[quote="DGFone"]What about the possibility that the voice actor was trolling?

It could be the case that he doesn't actually know what's going on, and is most likely just as clueless as we are. Just because he voiced Kovu once doesn't mean he will again. Perhaps it was to something a fan (or fans) asked him, or because he simply felt like it, but he went onto twitter and said that there is no Kovu, well, for the lolz.

Think about it: this way he isn't actually in breach of any NDA's, and Disney can always say that his tweat is not legitimate if they do bring Kovu in.[/quote]

I completely agree with this too.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carl » July 13th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Wait did I miss something? The tweet in the link simply said, "Circle of life my friend. Circle of life."

How does that imply that Kovu is dead? I took it to mean one of two things:

1) He can't say anything because either he's not allowed or doesn't know.
2) His time of voicing Kovu is gone and he has moved on to other things.

There's no reason to assume that Kovu is dead from that tweet. Remember, new life being born is part of the Circle of Life as well. If no one actually said Kovu is dead, why are people jumping to this conclusion?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2015, 5:39 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Wait did I miss something? The tweet in the link simply said, "Circle of life my friend. Circle of life."

There's no reason to assume that Kovu is dead from that tweet. Remember, new life being born is part of the Circle of Life as well. If no one actually said Kovu is dead, why are people jumping to this conclusion?[/quote]

People love to make knee-jerk reactions instead of thinking things through, and believe everything they read on the internet.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbaPrescott » July 13th, 2015, 5:58 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Wait did I miss something? The tweet in the link simply said, "Circle of life my friend. Circle of life."

There's no reason to assume that Kovu is dead from that tweet. Remember, new life being born is part of the Circle of Life as well. If no one actually said Kovu is dead, why are people jumping to this conclusion?[/quote]
Because internet :P Seriously though, I'm curious too.

Also, I love how some people in the comments don't even care about Kion... :kopa2:
(I wonder if some Disney employees see his name these days and think UGH NOT AGAIN) :lol:
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby TheLionPrince » July 13th, 2015, 6:25 pm

It would be an absurd choice for Kovu to die. I believe Jason Marsden means by "Circle of life my friend. Circle of life" is that the sun has set on his time of voicing Kovu, and he is being replaced by another voice actor. On his tweet back in November, Marsden speculated Kovu might be voiced by Hal Sparks in the series.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby zerodix » July 13th, 2015, 8:33 pm

This article is published on a mtv website? That he doesn't voice kovu doesn't mean he got killed or what? I sure hope disney will publish an answer to this. Since kovu is disney..kopa isn't. It would mess up the storyline to leave kovu out..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby FireAndSun » July 13th, 2015, 8:36 pm

Oh, I just love how people on the internet always have such knee-jerk reactions to incredibly vague statements. Like the rest of you guys I don't see any reason to assume Kovu is dead. I won't be surprised if he doesn't get mentioned, but a show aimed at preschool kids wouldn't kill off a character.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard