RUMOR: Kovu is dead by the time 'the lion guard' happens?

RUMOR: Kovu is dead by the time 'the lion guard' happens?

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2015, 6:43 am

http://www.mtv.com/news/2211233/disney-lion-king-series-kovu/

Take this with a huge grain of salt, please don't over-react (i'm staring at certain posters right now) as it could just mean they are looking at a replacement actor and the actor for kovu is making a tongue-in-cheek joke but..

Woooooow if true!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: RUMOR: Kovu is dead by the time 'the lion guard' happens

Postby DGFone » July 13th, 2015, 6:55 am

I doubt it. :P

Most likely, Kovu is simply not high up on the totem pole of focus for the series. Consider how much Simba is important for the series, and how little he was featured in the Timon and Pumbaa TV series, despite being part of the "trio".

The reason I think Kovu isn't even mentioned is that he's not important enough to be mentioned. He might show up, or he might not. But dead? I doubt it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2015, 6:59 am

I can't see kovu not being in it. Kiara is the 'future queen' and a queen needs a king to create royal heirs with.

I just see it as jason was replaced by another actor and is making a joke in bad taste out of spite.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » July 13th, 2015, 7:12 am

That is also very likely. The fact that the voice actor is the one who broke the news was a very big alert for me that it is most likely fake because, well think about it...

TLK 2 was released in 1998. The Lion Guard is still in production in 2015, not to be released until 2016. Change of voice actor for Kovu if they have him?

I'd be very shocked if they actually kept the original guy.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2015, 7:18 am

Not to mention, disney hasn't officially confirmed every single character.

Greg ellis has confirmed he is playing mzingo, a character never mentioned in press reports.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Lauren » July 13th, 2015, 8:18 am

This is exactly one of the things I was afraid of. I hope this is not true.

I just hope Kovu isn't dead. If they can find the actor to voice Kovu in the series, than I'll be fine.
Last edited by Lauren on July 13th, 2015, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » July 13th, 2015, 8:24 am

I very much doubt that Kovu is dead. for the reason Elton John mentioned, I'm surprised that Jason Marsden is (apparently) not coming back to voice Kovu. The only possible reason I can see for replacing him is if Disney wants Kovu to have a more mature sounding voice? Personally it makes no sense to me. Although Didn't Jason Marsden say earlier this year that if Kovu was on The Lion Guard that he would be voiced by an actor on Lab Rats? (Forgive me but it is 2:14 AM as I type this and I don't want to read through the original Lion Guard thread for the proof). Now just on the off chance that Disney did decide that Kovu should be dead by the time that The Lion Guard premiers. The only way that could happen and have it not be a major problem story-wise is if Kiara was already pregnant with Kovu's cubs before he died.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2015, 8:26 am

It's not logical due to reasons stated plus

1: how does james marsden know of this?

2: if he was privy to such information wouldn't he be under a legally binding non disclosure agreement?

I mean disney has some of the best lawyers in the world, i'd rather face the hounds of hell than the wrath of a disney lawyer! At least then i have a slight chance at coming out unscathed.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » July 13th, 2015, 8:36 am

That makes a lot of sense. If I were an Actor I certainty would not want to say anything that would cost me my job. As stated earlier in this thread, if Jason Marsden has been been replaced as Kovu's voice actor it is very easy to believe that he could be hurt by that fact.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby LittleRolox3 » July 13th, 2015, 11:09 am

you beat me too it posting the link xD

when he says circle of life,circle of life

maybe it means his time has passed voicing the character

but if he really is dead, i take it kion will help protect the pridelands for kiara since she cant do it on her own
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Next

Return to The Lion Guard