There needs to be a heroic theme for 'the lion guard'

There needs to be a heroic theme for 'the lion guard'

Postby Elton John » June 22nd, 2015, 9:01 am

Was listening to the x-men first class (best x-men movie, I highly recommend it!) song 'first class'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VWffS74aXBU

And I thought how awesome it would be to have something like this be the main musical cue for tlg.

And while henry jackman gets most of the credit, the composer for the lion guard worked on the compositions for this movie too!

Something like this but in a more 'lion king' style would be great.

I'm not totally sure that a 'lion king' take on the avengers theme would be okay. It's a good theme but i'm not completely sure it will work.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: There needs to be a heroic theme for 'the lion guard'

Postby DGFone » June 22nd, 2015, 9:10 am

Seems a bit too generic for me: yet another orchestrated actiony-power theme that many movies have.

Strictly speaking, The Lion King already has its own heroic theme: Remember the part where Simba slowly climbs up Pride Rock at the end of the first movie? Not only is it nearly as iconic as say, The Circle of Life, so everyone automatically associate it with The Lion King, but it is very "heroic" already as well.

To rephrase it in another way: The Lion King already has a heroic theme. Why fix what ain't broke?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » June 22nd, 2015, 9:14 am

Well, I think I like your idea better than mine.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 12th, 2015, 7:34 pm

[quote="DGFone"]To rephrase it in another way: The Lion King already has a heroic theme. Why fix what ain't broke?[/quote]

Well, technically, it's a heroic and grandiose rendition of one particular theme. The theme in itself in generally relegated to more restrained renditions throughout the film, as it represents Simba's character himself. We get some other big variants of it, like the regal and spiritual rendition during the beginning of "We Are All Connected," and at the end of "Kings of the Past" when Rafiki finds out Simba's alive, but it's primarily played on flute and other subdued arrangements. It's all meant to build up to that major moment in the film when he finally takes his place as king.

For The Lion Guard, it'll most likely get original material. That old theme is intended to be Simba's leitmotif, so it probably wouldn't be used to represent Kion and his group, although, it'd be great if we could get some subtle references to it here and there whenever Simba is around. I get the feeling Mufasa will get his theme referenced when he appears as a spirit, given how iconic his reoccurring motif is, so any other minor thematic references would be a joy to hear also. For Kion and his friends, though? They deserve something unique. From the sound of that recent video, the music sounds distinct and befitting of the TLK universe, so we'll wait and see how that's built off of in the upcoming film and show.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 12th, 2015, 11:11 pm

I cant wit to get the music the chance we get
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Return to The Lion Guard