What we currently know about the lion guard.

What we currently know about the lion guard.

Postby Elton John » May 21st, 2015, 12:42 pm

This is a topic for those who haven't been following the other topic, I will update with news and rumors.

First off the logo.

The only clip so far. Notice how Kion no longer sports a paw mark.

The music is being done by christopher willis he told me in a tweet that in simple terms, the music will be lion king esque in nature. Chris willis has worked on professional film scores, tv scores, and has won awards for animated music.

There will also be traditional musical numbers, he seems to be quite pleased by them. He has deleted these tweets, perhaps because he has told me things he probably shouldn't have.

Judging by the test dialogue, this isn't dora the explorer with lions. Scar and mufasa are brought up in it. There's also hand painted backgrounds.

So far the confirmed actors, confirmed by their twitter accounts

- greg ellis as mzingo

-Kary phaton as Rafiki

Rumored actors

- the original actress for adult nala, moira kelly

-Nathaniel semsen for Kion

-michael gough for zazu

-madison pettis for a character named zuri.

The TV movie is this november, with an animated series in 2016.

Anything else needs to be added?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: What we currently know about the lion guard.

Postby Minions8217 » May 21st, 2015, 3:10 pm

There are also some books that are going to come out alongside the TV series:

Bunga the Wise
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Bunga_the_Wise

Can't Wait to be Queen
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Can't_Wait_to_be_Queen

Kion, Pride of the Pridelands
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Kion,_Pr ... Pridelands

Kion's Animal Alphabet
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Kion%27s_Animal_Alphabet

Meet the New Guard
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Meet_the_New_Guard

The covers are not final though.

It's looking pretty promising so far. :)
Visit my graphic den, Minion8217's Graphic Den!
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=45350&p=1214772#p1214772
Minions8217
Beauty catches the attention

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

but character catches the heart.

Nickname(s): Minions, Minion
Pride Points: 5

Postby Elton John » May 21st, 2015, 3:12 pm

Thanks.

Also judging buy the audition dialogue it doesn't seem like they toned it down too much for a young audience.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby AnActualLion » May 21st, 2015, 6:35 pm

[quote="Minions8217"]

Can't Wait to be Queen
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Can't_Wait_to_be_Queen

[/quote]

This is actually fanart that somebody is trying to pass off as canon. It isn't actually going to be released. There's a lot of false info being spread around about the show, somebody else has already heavily edited the Wikipedia page with dozens of fake characters too.
CERTIFIED LION CARTOON TRASH QUEEN
AnActualLion
Certified Lion Trash Queen

I'll analyze anything, Literally anything!

Location: Hunched over my laptop, probably gaming or writing.
Nickname(s): Amby, Shabiki, Bailey

Postby crownofsimba » May 21st, 2015, 6:51 pm

That cover is actually from Disney's list of upcoming books, so I highly doubt its fanart.

EDIT: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/P ... 1484719123

That's the source.
Last edited by crownofsimba on May 21st, 2015, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » May 21st, 2015, 6:54 pm

As long as we are discussing the test dialog I hope nobody has problem with me form jumping some points I wanted to make from the News and Announcements. Section:

[quote="Marizzle"]Personally, I believe it is legitimate, since, usually, in auditions, the actors trying out are given a small part of the actual script - just like it happens on that video - and, honestly, the lines seem to fit The Lion King universe quite well.[/quote]

I'm inclined to think that as well.

[quote="KiarasBiggestFan"]He seems annoyed at Kiara being future queen, but by the sounds of it, she'd probably been boasting about it or something (Which is odd since she didn't want to be queen in Simba's Pride)[/quote]

Siblings often tease each other, I'm sure that Kiara is just giving her brother a hard time.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on May 21st, 2015, 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » May 21st, 2015, 6:57 pm

I think you mean discussing :P

Dissing is something else entirely.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » May 21st, 2015, 7:02 pm

Yes I noticed my Typo :oops: and fixed it.

[quote="Elton John"]Also judging buy the audition dialogue it doesn't seem like they toned it down too much for a young audience.[/quote]

I agree, I think the test Dialog is the most positive thing we have found out about the show so far.
Nothing I've heard would indicated that the show was intended for preschoolers. In fact what I was apprehensive about, the test dialog pretty much disproves. It looks like The Lion Guard will potentially be a much better show than I had hoped. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Marizzle » May 21st, 2015, 8:59 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Elton John"]Also judging buy the audition dialogue it doesn't seem like they toned it down too much for a young audience.[/quote]

I agree, I think the test Dialog is the most positive thing we have found out about the show so far.
Nothing I've heard would indicated that the show was intended for preschoolers. In fact what I was apprehensive about, the test dialog pretty much disproves. It looks like The Lion Guard will potentially be a much better show than I had hoped. 8-)[/quote]
This is exactly what I thought about that video. :)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Kash » May 21st, 2015, 9:27 pm

If that "Can't Wait to be Queen" cover is really legit, don't you think Disney would put more effort into their backgrounds, not frankentrace Kion and fan art in MSPaint or cut out Fuli's eyes and add them into it?

Please open your eyes and understand that this is not legit art from Disney. Disney's artwork is 100% better than scaled down MSPaint tracings and smudgey backgrounds. Do compare it from the covers for Kion here http://40.media.tumblr.com/697f89463b69 ... 3_1280.jpg and here http://40.media.tumblr.com/025d0c5cd7f2 ... 4_1280.jpg and also here http://41.media.tumblr.com/79130894ee8a ... 2_1280.jpg

See how the backgrounds have a more solid foundation compared to the blurry smudge look of that Zuri character?

Plus, Disney wouldn't make characters with miscolored toes. All their characters that have colored toes share the same color as their belly or secondary pelt color. And the eyes are always a varying light shade of golden yellow. NEVER dark goldenrod.

While we're on the subject of characters. The characters Mzingo and Zuri don't have any other information other than their "voice actors" on wikipedia. This is another dead give away that they're not legit. If they were legit characters they'd have information as to who they were and be noted where their release is by Disney as official.

My apologies if I sound brutal with this information but I don't want this Zuri thing to turn into another misidentified early Simba concept art being Mheetu mass hysteria which sadly enough has confused an entire generation of TLK fans. These characters are not Disney released. Please understand that fans will go to great lengths to push their characters into the franchise.
Kash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to The Lion Guard