What we currently know about the lion guard.

Re: What we currently know about the lion guard.

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 3:33 am

It could just be a show to teach children to care about the earth and animals and all that. That's what I thought it was
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby crownofsimba » June 20th, 2015, 3:37 am

Considering the Pride Lands don't actually operate via natural laws there is lots of stuff they'd have to do. Since they manage their own ecosystem, it will map on to stuff they teach children about the environment pretty well.

Funny that there don't seem to be any prey animals in the Guard though
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Elton John » June 20th, 2015, 3:40 am

We don't know how educational the show will be.

Will it be like dora, or will they cleverly intigrate the lessons into the stories so it doesn't feel heavy handed?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 3:43 am

Well that could also be because predators are tough and could protect better? Idk lol :eep:
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby crownofsimba » June 20th, 2015, 4:32 pm

I'm expecting something of the nature of Planeteers but less mind-bogglingly cheesy and in your face.
crownofsimba

Pride Points: 5

Postby Elton John » June 20th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Very few shows are as cheesy as captain planet. For christs sake he wore red undies on the outside and sported a green mullet!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » June 20th, 2015, 10:55 pm

Basing my opinion the test Dialog, I don't think the lessons will be too up front. I think they will be integrated enough into the story, so that the kids won't know that they're actually learning anything.

As for Captain Planet, while it had cheese to spare and morals of (and I am somewhat exaggerating here) recycle OR ELSE! I actually liked that show.

While I know environmental concerns will be a them of The Lion Guard, I'm sure they will be addressed in a more Circle of Life rather than a Go Planet kind of manor.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on June 22nd, 2015, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 21st, 2015, 5:17 am

actually I was hoping for both cause im all about Taking care of Mother nature and our wildlife, cause truth is we cant survive without wildlife.....ITS THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIFE :sing3: AND IT MOVES US ALLLLL THROUGH DISPAIR AND-And- :zira-aww: ...........sorry, well you get my point, I hope
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » June 21st, 2015, 10:47 pm

Environmentalist messages for a younger audience is a good thing but not the way captain planet did it, the show is seen as a corny joke.

I like the way sonic satam did it because there was subtlety behind the environmentalist message.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » June 22nd, 2015, 12:57 am

I understand if kids think that they are actually learning something, it could scare them away from the show. Any lessons need to taught in an entertaining way without screaming HEY KIDS LEARN THIS.

The Lion Guard being an educational show is awesome. However whatever lessons being taugh need to be presented in an entertaining way so as not to bore the target audience.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard