What we currently know about the lion guard.

Re: What we currently know about the lion guard.

Postby crownofsimba » May 21st, 2015, 10:13 pm

Right so like you realize that the source for the imagie, the "edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com" source, is not a fansite or anything, its a site for cataloging what books are being published by who run by publishers themselves apparently.

So unless some crazy TLK fan went in to this site to sabotage it so their OC would look canon or something then the source for that image IS DISNEY

The image is of crappy quality congratulations, but it still from a source that is run by Disney or at least Disney-Hyperion, which is their publishing arm. The cover is probably just a crappy placeholder thrown together by people who aren't the actual graphic artists to serve as a placeholder until they get the actual art in. Consider the image of Bunga from the second image you linked, if you zoom in there is still white border around him because that's the standard clip art Bunga, not anything actually put together for that cover. This one just happens to be more obviously crappy that the others, and when it gets updated with actual graphics drawn for the cover it will probably look like the first or third image you linked, since those look like they were actually drawn for the book cover.

As for who the cub is, again they're probably just some crappy clipart that someone had lying around and threw on the cover until they get the actual art. I don't know who claimed it was their character or whatever.

So it is legit in that it is indeed from Disney, but is not legit in that it was probably thrown together by some intern rather than by the actual people who do the graphics work. That or some TLK fan went in to sabotage the site, but again that site is not a fanart site, its a book publishing site, so I doubt anyone would just be able to edit it however they pleased.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby SimbaPrescott » May 21st, 2015, 10:26 pm

[quote="Kash"]
While we're on the subject of characters. The characters Mzingo and Zuri don't have any other information other than their "voice actors" on wikipedia. This is another dead give away that they're not legit. If they were legit characters they'd have information as to who they were and be noted where their release is by Disney as official.
[/quote]
http://lionguard.wikia.com/Mzingo

Proof that the voice actor has confirmed that they are voicing Mzingo. Only Zuri is still as of yet, unconfirmed.

On that note, most confirmed stuff that we know can also be seen on The Lion Guard Wiki as well.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby AnActualLion » May 21st, 2015, 10:33 pm

"Kion's Roar of the Elders makes him the fiercest animal in the Pridelands, but with it comes great responsibility. Can he use it to protect his friends without abusing its power? Find out in this adventure-filled storybook!"

That's the description for the book, but it has no mention of any female character at all, it's supposed to be focused around Kion. If this was a real book the description would have said something about her. And all the other book covers don't feature clipart like that at all. It just doesn't fit in my mind at all and I really don't think this is real. People can fake a lot of things. Just look at the Wikipedia entries that were brought to light recently on the forum. Because this show is so new and there's such little info a bunch of people are going in and submitting false info.
CERTIFIED LION CARTOON TRASH QUEEN
AnActualLion
Certified Lion Trash Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'll analyze anything, Literally anything!

Location: Hunched over my laptop, probably gaming or writing.
Nickname(s): Amby, Shabiki, Bailey

Postby SimbaPrescott » May 21st, 2015, 10:38 pm

I actually contacted Edelweiss about that not too long ago, and the response I got from them was that they had no idea what was going on there. They actually said that I would have to contact the book publisher (Disney Book Group) to see what was going on, since they didn't actually control what Disney upload there. So yes, that one is official, it's just a quick cover. Only Disney have access to that site.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kash » May 21st, 2015, 11:01 pm

[quote]http://lionguard.wikia.com/Mzingo

Proof that the voice actor has confirmed that they are voicing Mzingo. Only Zuri is still as of yet, unconfirmed.

On that note, most confirmed stuff that we know can also be seen on The Lion Guard Wiki as well.[/quote]

That's a wiki, anyone can edit a wiki.

[quote]Right so like you realize that the source for the imagie, the "edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com" source, is not a fansite or anything, its a site for cataloging what books are being published by who run by publishers themselves apparently.

So unless some crazy TLK fan went in to this site to sabotage it so their OC would look canon or something then the source for that image IS DISNEY

The image is of crappy quality congratulations, but it still from a source that is run by Disney or at least Disney-Hyperion, which is their publishing arm. The cover is probably just a crappy placeholder thrown together by people who aren't the actual graphic artists to serve as a placeholder until they get the actual art in. Consider the image of Bunga from the second image you linked, if you zoom in there is still white border around him because that's the standard clip art Bunga, not anything actually put together for that cover. This one just happens to be more obviously crappy that the others, and when it gets updated with actual graphics drawn for the cover it will probably look like the first or third image you linked, since those look like they were actually drawn for the book cover.

As for who the cub is, again they're probably just some crappy clipart that someone had lying around and threw on the cover until they get the actual art. I don't know who claimed it was their character or whatever.

So it is legit in that it is indeed from Disney, but is not legit in that it was probably thrown together by some intern rather than by the actual people who do the graphics work. That or some TLK fan went in to sabotage the site, but again that site is not a fanart site, its a book publishing site, so I doubt anyone would just be able to edit it however they pleased.[/quote]

Unless there's screenshots providing proof of this hideous looking character is canon, I'm going with my gut instinct that it's fake and falsified. Even so who ever illustrated that thing should have their priorities reevaluated. Disney won't hire just anyone off the street. You have to have exceptional skill. Not traced base level tracing.

Meanwhile, I've also noted Mr. Tom Bancroft who's had experience with Disney's illustrating department for books what his thoughts are on this problem. I am currently awaiting his response.
Kash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbaPrescott » May 21st, 2015, 11:04 pm

[quote="Kash"][quote]http://lionguard.wikia.com/Mzingo

On that note, most confirmed stuff that we know can also be seen on The Lion Guard Wiki as well.[/quote]

That's a wiki, anyone can edit a wiki.
[/quote]
You didn't even look at that Wiki page, did you? Because if you did, you would have seen this link under reference:

https://twitter.com/ellisgreg/status/569330792549064705

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Disney allow tracing when it's just a mock up.
SimbaPrescott

Postby Kash » May 21st, 2015, 11:19 pm

When Disney traces, even their own work, it's 100% better than downscaled MSPaint jagged lines.
Kash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbaPrescott » June 5th, 2015, 10:02 pm

Another book name change: Kion, Pride of the Pridelands now shows up as Return of the Roar:
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/P ... 1484715519
SimbaPrescott

Postby crownofsimba » June 7th, 2015, 12:05 am

Interesting.

I don't know if someone has mentioned it already but if the secondborn traditionally leads the Lion Guard (which seems to be implied) that would mean something interesting for Scar's backstory.
crownofsimba

Postby SimbasGuard » June 7th, 2015, 12:46 am

[quote="crownofsimba"]I don't know if someone has mentioned it already but if the secondborn traditionally leads the Lion Guard (which seems to be implied) that would mean something interesting for Scar's backstory.[/quote]

Interesting Indeed, Perhaps Scar's Lion Guard (If their was one) consisted of Zira, Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed. If that is the case it could shed some light on the back story of The Outsiders :melikey:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard