According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be...

Re: According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be.

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

What if they brought up something to do with the Elephant Graveyard thats always a dar and scary place besides the outlands
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Carl » October 27th, 2016, 2:41 pm

The Elephant Graveyard is in the outlands.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 28th, 2016, 1:31 am

yes but they havn shown the ACTUAL EG yet with the actual bones.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Gaze » October 30th, 2016, 2:38 am

this is very good news IMO, regardless of the exact meaning of "dark" in this context. I don't think that something being "dark" always means it has to be incredibly violent or intense or "adult." it's quite possible for something to be dark in a way that is still perfectly appropriate for small children - the content of the original TLK is an example of this, though it's safe to assume that sort of content will always be toned down for Disney Jr's toddler target audience.

more worldbuilding, more exploration of Kion's fear of becoming like Scar, a more honest portrayal of the 'circle of life,' more emotional struggles for the characters.....any of those things could steer the show in a more 'dark' or 'deep' direction without alienating the toddlers the show is made for, and it could be a really great thing
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Panpardus » October 30th, 2016, 5:27 am

[quote="Sadiki"]this is very good news IMO, regardless of the exact meaning of "dark" in this context. I don't think that something being "dark" always means it has to be incredibly violent or intense or "adult." it's quite possible for something to be dark in a way that is still perfectly appropriate for small children - the content of the original TLK is an example of this, though it's safe to assume that sort of content will always be toned down for Disney Jr's toddler target audience.

more worldbuilding, more exploration of Kion's fear of becoming like Scar, a more honest portrayal of the 'circle of life,' more emotional struggles for the characters.....any of those things could steer the show in a more 'dark' or 'deep' direction without alienating the toddlers the show is made for, and it could be a really great thing[/quote]

I'm pretty sure this is where at least most people's expectations lie for the show's future. Given that Zira's now apparently going to make an appearance (and we've already had Nne and Tano splitting into their own more irredeemable 'bad guy' faction after clearly trying to kill Janja) it certainly introduces a 'darker' element to this overall arc that the creators are clearly consciously creating. I look forward to seeing how it's handled down the road.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Squeely » November 15th, 2016, 3:25 am

It'll for sure remain G-rated, but there's plenty you can do within the boundaries of that which can be deep, thought-provoking, etc. without even getting as dark as the first TLK. There's lots of room for growth here, without things getting too intense for the young demographic.

I hope to see more thought put into each episode, to flesh out the characters more, and explore backstories. Hopefully get more on Scar and Mufasa's past. And heck, I'd love to explore more of Timon and Pumbaa's past as well. Imagine Timon running into a meerkat who used to bully him, and they have to reconcile. Or Pumbaa being weary of seeing the sounder that kicked him out again. When even the funny characters have things to be explored that can be deep, that says to me that there are plenty of places the show can go that are dark and heavy without being too much for toddlers.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » November 17th, 2016, 7:38 am

It seems that that everyone has a realistic view as to what Darker could mean for a Disney Jr. show. Now allow me to lower everyone's expectations even further by sharing this Idea. The Darker episodes for season two could mean that more episodes will be set at night.

I know this next idea is extraordinarily unlikely for several reasons, but in regards to the idea of the death of someone close being the topic of an episode. What does everyone think of an episode that deals with the passing of Sarabi?

Perhaps an idea that has a more realistic chance of happening is: An episode that explains why Fuli is on her own. Others on this Forum have already pointed out that she is actually too young to be on her own.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » November 17th, 2016, 7:43 am

We don't know if Sarabi passed away. She could be fine. But I'm dying to know something about her. Did she indeed pass away? If not, what has she been up to? She was a great queen and would make one hell of a mentor for Kiara, would love to see that.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Lionkingview » November 17th, 2016, 8:30 am

Maybe she'll pass away during an episode ....that would be (if handled with the right care)very interresting. Tackling the subject matter of death on a disney junior show would take some large balls.
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Pride Points: 6

Postby SimbasGuard » November 18th, 2016, 7:01 am

[quote="Squeely"]We don't know if Sarabi passed away. She could be fine. But I'm dying to know something about her. Did she indeed pass away? If not, what has she been up to? She was a great queen and would make one hell of a mentor for Kiara, would love to see that.[/quote]

That is what I was getting at, since Sarabi was not even mentioned in Lion King 2 we don't know if she is alive or not. The Lion Guard could address this one way or the other if they chose to.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard