According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be...

Re: According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be.

Postby Aelwen » October 23rd, 2016, 10:37 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]The show isn't going to get darker, I agree. Only so much you can do with a disney jr show.

I think at best the writing quality will have increased. Maybe a few tearjerker episodes. Something like 'and maggie makes three' from the simpsons or 'jurassic bark' from futurama. This is me being optimistic.[/quote]
Oh, if we ever sea anything close to Maggie makes three it would be wonderful. That episode was really good and thoughtful.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » October 23rd, 2016, 11:02 pm

My favorite episode of the simpsons.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Lionkingview » October 25th, 2016, 9:32 am

Yeah, i'm also rather sceptic towards the whole "...more darker " thing. I mean , as many of you have already pointed out , the show still airs on "Disney Junior" , which is not really known for darker content. Maybe i have to put this statement into perspective. Darker could mean a variety of things. From psychological conflict up to graphic depictions of violence. The Lion Guard Season two is probably not gonna turn into "Twin Peaks" or "Stranger things" all of the sudden" but maybe they'll tackle subject matters along the line of: Growing up, Losing someone dear to you, or something. Regardless of what they've planned i'm already kind of spiked for season 2.
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 6

Postby zerodix » October 26th, 2016, 12:10 pm

is there any info of the air date of the first episode of season 2? i assume Lions of the Outlands is the last ep of season 1?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby JackStover » October 26th, 2016, 3:54 pm

[quote="zerodix"]is there any info of the air date of the first episode of season 2? i assume Lions of the Outlands is the last ep of season 1?[/quote]
I believe there are still four season one episodes after that. Never Roar Again being one of them. Then, based on the iTunes descriptions, there's an Ono episode where he meets his idol and the episode where Simba becomes the temporary leader of the Lion Guard. That leaves one episode that we know nothing about.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » October 26th, 2016, 4:15 pm

WHAT

*reads itunes descriptions*

Cheese and rice, you're right! There's an ep where Ono meets Billy Idol and one where nala takes kion and kiara on a Journey (where they learn to Don't Stop Believing) and Simba is the leader of The Last Guardian for the playstation 4.

Spoiler: show
but seriously, I like those ideas for episodes
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 27th, 2016, 4:05 am

[quote="The Lionvengers"]WHAT

*reads itunes descriptions*

Cheese and rice, you're right! There's an ep where Ono meets Billy Idol and one where nala takes kion and kiara on a Journey (where they learn to Don't Stop Believing) and Simba is the leader of The Last Guardian for the playstation 4.

Spoiler: show
but seriously, I like those ideas for episodes
[/quote]

Wait What now you lost me, um SImba leader of the last guardian? Playstation 4? is there supposed ot be a video game for the PS4, cause TLG getting a PS4 video game sounds Far from possible.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » October 27th, 2016, 4:28 am

It was my attempt at making a joke. A rather bad one I must say!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carl » October 27th, 2016, 4:30 am

I thought is was pretty obvious it was a joke, myself. :?

Anyhow, as to the topic itself, the show could still get darker without going beyond Disney Jr. stuff. As Lionkingview points out, it could be more psychological than gritty violence. All it would take for the series to get darker is to reveal more about Scar's past, or do something else like Never Roar Again but more regularly. Or the Outlanders having whatever conflicts they have with the Pridelanders and the hyenas could make things darker, too. No one has to die or get into intense fight scenes or anything, though a loss through death by natural causes is a possibility in the future for this show considering we've already seen a funeral (though I wouldn't expect a major character to meet this fate). At any rate, there's a lot they could toy with to make it darker and still keep whatever it is toned down enough so as not to upset parents or drop too much on young kids.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Lionkingview » October 27th, 2016, 7:20 am

[quote="Carl Skywalker"] though a loss through death by natural causes is a possibility in the future for this show considering we've already seen a funeral (though I wouldn't expect a major character to meet this fate). [/quote]

I just Imagined that infamous scene from the OC with Fuli shooting Ono, or Bunga :lol:
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Pride Points: 6

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard