Janja's New Crew

Re: Janja's New Crew

Postby SimbaPrescott » August 26th, 2016, 2:54 pm

Just saw it and I must say - it had the greatest song I had ever heard. 11/10 Disney must release an extended version. Please.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby TTB-Kun » August 26th, 2016, 6:54 pm

any link to see the episode online?
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 26th, 2016, 10:14 pm

ok as I give my review on this episode can we PLEASE include talking about how other fans dont like that fact the the lion guard not letting the hyenas eat? and its not the right way of the circle of life, because this episode straightens it all out and I have to say I'm quite please the way they did this and I can work with how they did it too.

This episode has shown us that Janja and Cheesy and Chunku are both as brainless like Janja, but Janja is just a bit smarter then them, but Janja bright as he thinks he is. Which is why he doesn't fallow the circle of life rules when it comes to hunting for food. Nana and Tano were tired of seeing how stupid both those three where and thats why they waited for the right moment to take charge. I like them way better then the other 3, they are a better example that would have come from Scars hyenas if you know what I mean. I liked how chungu killed the song once he saw the antelope, they were ruining a good song, that was funny. When they saw the leftover bones they were doing EXACTLY what hyenas should be doing, taking care of the leftover since they can chew and digest bone. And Ono FINALLY brings it all out for everyone, Hyenas do help the circle of life by cleaning up. If Cheesy and Chungu never learned about the circle of life, then Janja never did either to begin with which is why he always hunts too much.

So this episode worked perfect in the end, the only thing that would not makes sense if we ever see Nan and Tano back with Janja again, unless they were the only clan they had.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 27th, 2016, 1:15 pm

I just finished the episode.

I like Nana and Tano more than janja and the other two, mostly because they are competent. Yeah they lost in the end but that was to be expected.

I wish the show would replace them as the main hyena villains. At the very least they seem to be more of a serious threat instead of gag villains.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby PridelandsPhantom » August 28th, 2016, 5:11 am

Finally I got around to seeing this episode. My DVR decided to have a brain freeze and not record it when it first aired :? but I recorded it and watched it today after a busy week at work (I'm a teacher so the first week is busy, especially after you've been bad over summer break and got into the habit of sleeping late ;) ). I thought the episode was pretty good for many reasons. I love the twist of the two hyenas in Janja's new crew being smarter than he is :lol: It is kind of a classic twist where the minions are smarter than their boss (such as in anime in Inuyasha Koga's fellow wolf demons are far smarter than he is). I like how Janja thought the plan involved leaves and rocks and laughed at his line about leaving a bone for a rock :nukalaugh: I also like the fact that the song was only halfway done as would be fitting for those characters.

Nice to see the roar used in a cool way and good to see Fuli having some more character development. I like that Kion and the guard let the two hyenas stay in the Pridelands since they were eating the bones and scavenging. I think the problem is that many hyenas do not follow the rules of only hunting what they need and overeating. Janja and his elk hunt more than they need. The good hyenas we don't see too much because they do follow the Circle of Life. I don't think the guard stops all predators from hunting, we just see more predators that do hunt more than they need to live. It makers more sense for prey to be the bad guys because an herbivore doesn't make as good of an antagonist. An animal that eats plants is only going to seem so evil versus one that can kill you. That said, I think they've shown not all carnivores are bad. That being said, back to the episode of Janja's New Crew, I like a bad guy who has no idea how dumb he is :evil:

I must say Bunga is becoming more tolerable in small doses, so I do think his character has been toned down quite a bit. I'm hoping to see more Nala in the future though and curious when Vitani, Nuka, and Kovu (maybe Zira?) will make an appearance. :kionsmile:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Chavratheserval » August 28th, 2016, 7:21 am

This episode was cute! Of course it had a generic plot ...But they made it interesting!:3 and it was really funny when they made a parody of kions lament song, that was hilarious when they just stopped in the middle of it. And I was surprised Kion let them stay in the pridelands! And I really like Bunga a lot more! Overall it was a good episode!
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby escobea1 » August 28th, 2016, 7:35 am

I had a lot of fun watching this episode. The guard worked well to supervise the mudslides and Kion now seems like a natural leader. I did feel bad for Cheezi and Chungu. They only wanted to please Janja no matter how much he insulted them. I thought it was uplifting to see the lion guard and the hyenas start respecting each other more. Even if Janja strikes again, his gratitude for the roar was a small hint of good within him. I look forward to seeing more episodes (coughNeverRoarAgaincough)
escobea1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Squeely » August 28th, 2016, 9:24 am

This was a fun episode. The "Kion's Lament" parody was hilarious, and it was very sweet how much Cheezi and Chungu love Janja.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby PrincessKiara » August 29th, 2016, 12:26 am

I thought this was a good episode, it`s nice to see recurring characters *looks around for Jasiri* and the two new hyenas were interesting, I hope they appear again later, as they`re smart enough to pose an actual threat. For me, this was a humour-filled episode, I laughed several times, and I loved that Thurston appeared again, he`s great.

Nne and Tano means four and five respectively in Swahili, as in they`re the fourth and fifth hyenas to join Janja`s crew I guess?
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Troll Berserker » August 29th, 2016, 4:58 pm

I liked Nne and Tano for their designs before and I'm glad that we finally saw them in more significant role.
I think they are great characters. Cunning, smart, they are true, challenging villain. I hope they will appear again. And Chungu's parody song was hillarous xD

Now for the negative things - I feel that the episode was very inconsistent. If Nne and Tano were so independent and we saw them outsmarting Janja in a matter of seconds, I wonder why they hung around him and followed his orders for so long. I'd get if they would be new hyenas that didn't know Janja, but they were in his clan for a while now. and Janja seemed dumber than ever.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard