If Disney would want a bigger showing of TLG

If Disney would want a bigger showing of TLG

Postby 7LionkingFreak » August 31st, 2015, 11:25 pm

You would think they would premiere The Lion Guard on network television. I know it's soon to be a Disney Junior show. But call me crazy, I think they would get a bigger response on network Television.
(Not saying no one would watch) It's just that Not everyone has cable or satellite got rid of mine years ago.
Every time I turn around their always broadcasting a new toy story movie on regular TV. why not the Lion Guard movie. like I said before I'll catch it on DVD
The Greatest Love Of All
7LionkingFreak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: If Disney would want a bigger showing of TLG

Postby SimbasGuard » September 1st, 2015, 6:33 am

I think Disney arrogantly assumes that everyone has Cable, Satellite, Direct T.V. or something. That is Why (I think) Disney moved Monday Night Football from ABC to ESPN.

Being that The Lion Guard is targeting a preschool audience perhaps Disney feels that it won't have wide enough appeal to justify putting it on network T.V.

However it is possible (if not necessarily likely) that Disney could run The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar on ABC sometime after it hits DVD. Like they did for Star Wars Rebels, although that series had a much wider target audience.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » September 1st, 2015, 8:38 am

I plan on buying the show off itunes until it's on netflix or it gets a dvd/blu ray release.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » September 1st, 2015, 8:36 pm

The one thing I feel I can say without being wrong, is that The Lion Guard will be put on DVD. Now because I've said that Disney will only release it on Bul-Ray just to force me to buy a Blu-Ray Player :roll:

Another thing I'm wondering is, now that it is September. How soon do you think we will some The Lion Guard commercials? I think Mid October would be the latest.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » September 1st, 2015, 9:10 pm

Man, blu ray movies are awesome if you can afford them.

But I highly doubt that disney would only release the movie on blu ray cause' blu ray players and blu ray sales are not as big as dvd's were in their prime and many people still buy dvd's over blu rays.

Considering that a lot of disney stuff is on netflix and that the marvel movies and star wars are hitting netflix year the show will likely hit netflix sometime after season 1 is over.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » September 2nd, 2015, 12:12 am

Well, at least, The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar will premiere in November on the Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel. So, you can still watch the pilot episode. Even Sofia the First and Jake and the Never Land Pirates airs during that same block every morning while also airing on the Disney Junior channel. Maybe, The Lion Guard will have the same leverage.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby cubbykovu » September 2nd, 2015, 8:55 am

I forone cannot wait for the Show Anything LIon king for me is good enough * fan boycub* here hehehe It is gonna be cute I think I can't wait for it to be released :D I am gonna get the disney Channel just so I can watch it I think it would be better if they released it in Cinemas :D that would be pawsome they must know about our massive massive Lion king fanbase filled with Older Lions and crazy cubs like me XD :D
cubbykovu

Nickname(s): CK, Cub
Pride Points: 3

Postby zerodix » September 2nd, 2015, 10:08 am

I hope they also release the series on DVD and then I'll buy it, and watch it over and over again. Does anyone know if they did something like that with the other disney junior series? if so, the chance is big they will do it again with this series!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » September 2nd, 2015, 10:50 am

I have seen dvd's for jake and the neverland pirates and sofia the first.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby zerodix » September 2nd, 2015, 11:39 am

i have a feeling tlg will then be realeased like that, too.i think this show will draw the attention of much more than the target group alone, so I think this can get bigger when more people learn about it.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Next

Return to The Lion Guard