Lion King Card Guide

Lion King Card Guide

Postby Ufasimba » April 19th, 2012, 2:08 am

...................................................INWORK......................................................
I hope to post info and pictures here on all the Skybox series Lion King cards and also lesser known sets and cards made worldwide. But it is rather time consuming so will be doing it a section at a time. I will try and post new cards every day or so.

Safari Adventure Series

This series was issued only at the 1999 Annual Disneyana Convention and contained 25 cards highlighting the artists who do the animations. It was a limited edition of 2000 boxed sets.

Six of the cards were of Lion King subjects and some were a little different in the artistic takes on the characters.

5 Under new management
9 Rafiki's Magical Mystery Tour
11 Waiting to be King
18 Crunch time
21 Timon & Simba
24 Let's do lunch

Card fronts

Card backs

I like this set quite a bit because it gives some attention to the artists behind the film, and they are very colorful and have a nice quality about them.
Last edited by Ufasimba on May 3rd, 2012, 12:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ufasimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Re: LK Card Collectoring

Postby mamaprince » April 19th, 2012, 2:26 am

nice cards. i don't think i have any of those. i think i only have the postcard.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Re: LK Card Collecting

Postby Ufasimba » April 19th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Disney Movie Club Lenticular Cards

These are oversized cards that you got as a bonus when you bought movies as part of the Disney Movie Club. The cards came in different sizes, either 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 inches. They were only available thru the club. I haven't yet found a complete listing of the cards but quite a few have been made for many Disney films. These three below are the only ones I have seen so far that concern the Lion King theme. The Disney Club web site doesn't give any information at all about them, so I am not sure the program continues, but suspect it does.

Lion King (front and back, card is 4 x 6 inches, with back being blank)
ImageImage

Lion KIng 3D (front and back, card is 5 x 7 inches)
ImageImage

Lion King 1 1/2 & 2 (front and back. card is 5 x 7 inches)
ImageImage
Last edited by Ufasimba on April 25th, 2012, 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ufasimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ufasimba » April 19th, 2012, 10:05 pm

I can't believe I titled this 'Collectoring'. Help! Is there a way to fix the title ? :oops:
Last edited by Ufasimba on April 24th, 2012, 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ufasimba

Re: LK Card Collectoring

Postby Jiirani » April 19th, 2012, 10:08 pm

If you click 'edit' on the first post you should be able to change the subject~
Lovely cards btw, very cool looking. I've never seen them before |D

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Ufasimba » April 19th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Thankyou! It has mostly worked. It only remains in some of the replies. :)
Last edited by Ufasimba on April 24th, 2012, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ufasimba

Postby DGFone » April 19th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Wow, these are really nice! I want them... :D
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ufasimba » April 20th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Mercury Records Mini Postcard Promotion

These are not actually trading cards per se, but mini postcards included in a Souvenir cassette recording of the song 'Circle of Life'. I have these in my collection because they are basically Trading card size and a nice little set by themselves. They were only sold in the UK around 1994, but despite what some have said on card forums are not too hard to come up with reasonably priced on Ebay. You just have to look in the right catagory (music as well as collectibles).

Cassette box, front and back
ImageImage

Cassette

4 Card Set

Back of Card (all are indentical)
Last edited by Ufasimba on May 1st, 2012, 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ufasimba

Postby Ufasimba » April 22nd, 2012, 3:08 am

Sanitarium Cereal Premium Cards

Today's set is from Down Under. This set was made by the unusually named company, Sanitarium, in Australia and New Zealand. It is a very old company dating to the late 1800's and has regularly included collecter cards as premiums in it's products (like cereal) since 1942. The cards have a older style, like from the 60's or 70's and do not have the detailed picture resolution or glossy finish of more recent cards. The Lion King series of 12 cards was issued in 1995. They are a little larger then standard cards and measure about 3 x 4 inches. The backs fit together to form one large mural.

Card 1 thru 6 fronts

Card 7 thru 12 fronts

The back of the cards form one large mural.
Last edited by Ufasimba on May 3rd, 2012, 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ufasimba

Postby Ufasimba » April 23rd, 2012, 3:36 pm

Pepsico Disney Movie Slides Premiums

This is a series that was made by Pepsico Argentina in 1995. It covered six disney films with 12 miniature cell cards in each set. The cards are small at about 1 1/2 x 2 inches and made of plastic. They came as premiums in Pepsico snacks in Argentina. The cards are shown near actual size.

All 12 Lion King card fronts

All 12 Lion King card backs

One very cool feature of the series, were Projectors that operated by two AA batteries. There were two Projectors for each series which stacked, so you could display the entire 12 cards. I haven't learned yet how exactly one got the projectors, whether you had to mail away with Proof of Purchases and/or a fee, etc. They do not seem to have been a store display piece.

Two projectors with cards (2nd pic shows battery operated light inside)
ImageImage

Tracking down this series has been fun. Though there are other Lion King cell cards, this is the only series that had a projector I know about and is pretty unique.
Last edited by Ufasimba on May 1st, 2012, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ufasimba

Next

Return to Marketplace