Amazing Lion King Display Find

Amazing Lion King Display Find

Postby mirage » September 3rd, 2012, 4:45 am

I happened upon this through eBay (and I won obviously ^__- ), and I've got to say, this is probably one of the coolest parts of my collection. What I know so far about these two is that they are part of the J.C. Penny Collection as J.C. Penny Stores used them for displays when the movie originally came to theaters. The total length on Simba is 79 inches (including tail) and he is about 27 inches wide. Simba weighs a TON, and is by FAR the heaviest plush I have in my entire collection (not just TLK). I haven't measured out Nala, but she is shorter than Simba.

During 1994, JCP had roughly 1400 retail stores, but as these were displays, I'm not sure as to exactly how many of these actually survived (especially now, almost 18 years later). In a lot of cases, displays often get destroyed at the end of a promotional run. I could only find one webpage out there that even acknowledged these existed. Anywho, if you have any more information about these, please share!

mirage
Evil Snow Leopard ^_-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Mirage
Pride Points: 2

Return to Marketplace