Hans Zimmer

Re: Hans Zimmer

Postby ShweleBaba » September 18th, 2011, 5:47 am

Has anyone heard anything about Hans Zimmer or Disney officially releasing the Expanded Score? His work in this film is simply amazing, and watching it in the cinema only helped to strengthen my desire to own the complete score.

Je sais que derrière les nuages va naître un grand soleil!
ShweleBaba
Siyakubongela

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Busa Simba, busa Simba!

Pride Points: 2

Postby DGFone » September 18th, 2011, 6:07 am

There are YouTube videos for the expanded score. But as far as I am aware, the expanded score is a no-go as far as being released.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby RayCat » October 10th, 2011, 9:26 pm

(bets this has already been posted) lol, did anybody know that Hans Zimmer's dad died when he was just a boy? I guess that's how he could relate to TLK and make the music so powerful
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby DGFone » October 10th, 2011, 9:43 pm

[quote="RayCat"](bets this has already been posted) lol, did anybody know that Hans Zimmer's dad died when he was just a boy? I guess that's how he could relate to TLK and make the music so powerful[/quote]

It's what makes The Lion King's score that much more powerful. Hans related to it on a personal level, so he already knew the emotions that Simba felt.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » October 12th, 2011, 11:27 pm

[quote="RayCat"](bets this has already been posted) lol, did anybody know that Hans Zimmer's dad died when he was just a boy? I guess that's how he could relate to TLK and make the music so powerful[/quote]

Honestly, I did not know that. Thanks for sharing, Ray.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby CanyonFox » October 20th, 2011, 12:29 am

I absolutely love Hans Zimmer's music.
I have to say, the music he composed on The Lion King soundtrack is my favourite of his. And my favourite song on it is "To Die For" (as you can tell from my profile). Truly beautiful. I go through so many emotions while listening to his music and I usually end up crying. I found out about him a little over a year ago and I listen to him almost everyday... he's the greatest living composer in my mind. Such powerful music. :forgiving:
"Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it."
CanyonFox
Simba Enthusiast

You gotta put your past behind you.

Pride Points: 3

Postby Regulus » October 20th, 2011, 2:40 am

Hans Zimmer is the Chuck Norris of music. 8-)

Just the music alone is enough to make my eyes water. There aren't many composers I can say that about.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Katelyn23 » October 30th, 2011, 10:20 pm

I can't imagine what TLK would have been like without Hans Zimmer. He just made the music fit so well with the film, and made some moments so powerful as well as emotional. "To Die For" and "This Land" are definitely his best work in my opinion as like others, it really speaks to me even though there are no lyrics, and makes me tear up.

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby Lauren » October 30th, 2011, 11:38 pm

[quote="VelvetWolf"]I absolutely love Hans Zimmer's music.
I have to say, the music he composed on The Lion King soundtrack is my favourite of his. And my favourite song on it is "To Die For" (as you can tell from my profile). Truly beautiful. I go through so many emotions while listening to his music and I usually end up crying. I found out about him a little over a year ago and I listen to him almost everyday... he's the greatest living composer in my mind. Such powerful music. :forgiving:[/quote]

[quote="Katelyn23"]I can't imagine what TLK would have been like without Hans Zimmer. He just made the music fit so well with the film, and made some moments so powerful as well as emotional. "To Die For" and "This Land" are definitely his best work in my opinion as like others, it really speaks to me even though there are no lyrics, and makes me tear up.[/quote]

I completely agree with you guys. His music is extremely wonderful to the end and gives so much life into the film. "King of Pride Rock" and "Under The Stars" are also emotional to listen to and it's just majestic to hear as long as you live. It's like when you listen to his music, you question life in rhytem. I couldn't imagine TLK without his scores because they're masterpieces. ^^
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Harvs » February 29th, 2012, 2:04 am

Hans Zimmer has opened my eyes to what music can do. Everyone here talks about his compositions in the Lion King. But in all honesty, I do not think that is his most outstanding work. Needless to say, it is incredible and makes the movie even more spectacular. But I'm not here to beat a dead horse. Remember his work in Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron? Remember how well he tied you to the characters that had little to no dialogue with only his music? What about Kung Fu Panda? He and John Powell worked wonders for that movie and even more so in the sequel. The piece; Zen Ball Master, is the most amazing composition I've ever heard. In that one piece, they captured comedy, heroism, villainy, sorrow, pain, defeat, victory, forgiveness, and pure, overall, incomprehensible epicness in only 7 minutes. If you haven't heard this track, I implore you to go to Youtube and listen to it. You will not regret it. And then you've got other movies that Zimmer's work has shined in: Megamind, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Prince of Egypt.

I rest my case here. My friends, we cannot let Zimmer's music be forgotten and we should never limit our likes to only what he has done to the Lion King. Yes, it is amazing, but the man has done so much more than emotionally connect you to lions. He emotionally ties you to everyone in every movie that he composes for. The Lion King is still my favorite movie, but if I had to say where Hans Zimmer's best work resides, I would pick my second favorite movie, Kung Fu Panda 2, any day.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

PreviousNext

Return to Creators