Hans Zimmer

Hans Zimmer

Postby Scars Ghost » January 7th, 2009, 6:14 am

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contribut ... oto/238070 (picture)

Probably the most known music writer who wrote some of the selections in TLK 1, and arranged some of the songs. His works in it are...

"...To Die for"
"This Land"
"Under the Stars"
"King of Pride Rock"

Hans produced "Circle of Life", and "Be Prepared"

Other movies with music made by him are "Batman Begins", "The Dark Knight", "Pirates of the Caribbean" (Dead Man's Chest, and At World's End), "Kung Fu Panda", (see full list here http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contribut ... ilmography to many movies to list. Just wanted to point out recent movies.
"The night is dark just before the dawn, I promise you, the dawn is coming!"--Harvey Dent--The Dark Knight
"Why so serious???"--The Joker--The Dark Knight
"Life's not fair is it?"--Scar--The Lion King
"My Mama always said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.'"--Forrest Gump--Forrest Gump
"X NEVER marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
"10! X marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
Scars Ghost

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm here to haunt you Simba

Pride Points: 0

Re: Hans Zimmer

Postby Moka » January 7th, 2009, 7:02 pm

He is an awesome music writer. Probably my favorite. In my opinion his best work was in TLK when he was paired up with his friend, Lebo M, but I also loved his work in Gladiator and the other movies you mentioned.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Annie » January 11th, 2009, 11:05 pm

Hans Zimmer is god.
He has brought me to tears with his music alone! And it's hard to make me cry.
I just bought the Kung Fu Panda soundtrack and some tracks (Hero/The Bridge) make my heart race! They are so awe inspiring and beautiful.

To Die For is a song that is really to die for (cheese!) I can feel the movie playing through in my mind when I hear it <3
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Moka » January 12th, 2009, 12:54 am

Yeah I totally agree!

I also just found out that he helped with The Prince of Egypt soundtrack, which is incredible music. He's really the best modern composer alive in my opinion at least!
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Scars Ghost » January 14th, 2009, 4:03 am

[quote="Annie"]Hans Zimmer is god.
He has brought me to tears with his music alone! And it's hard to make me cry.
I just bought the Kung Fu Panda soundtrack and some tracks (Hero/The Bridge) make my heart race! They are so awe inspiring and beautiful.

To Die For is a song that is really to die for (cheese!) I can feel the movie playing through in my mind when I hear it <3[/quote]
The track I like from Kung Fu Panda is "Oogway Ascends" That one gives me goosebumps lol

[quote="Moka"]Yeah I totally agree!

I also just found out that he helped with The Prince of Egypt soundtrack, which is incredible music. He's really the best modern composer alive in my opinion at least![/quote]
I have wanted that album for ages, and like you found out recently that Hans Zimmer made some of the music in it. Just about fell over.
"The night is dark just before the dawn, I promise you, the dawn is coming!"--Harvey Dent--The Dark Knight
"Why so serious???"--The Joker--The Dark Knight
"Life's not fair is it?"--Scar--The Lion King
"My Mama always said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.'"--Forrest Gump--Forrest Gump
"X NEVER marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
"10! X marks the spot"--Indiana Jones--The Last Crusade
Scars Ghost

I'm here to haunt you Simba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Katelyn23 » January 31st, 2009, 5:11 am

Hans Zimmer was an absolutely AMAZING Music Composer. His music in TLK was just... AMAZING in every way. ^^ Every time I hear the Background music in TLK, it always makes me smile, and I want to thank Hans Zimmer for his awesome work. :) He is DEFINITELY the BEST Music Composer I know, and the music he does for other movies is just flawless as well, and all of his music is amazing IN EVERY WAY! Long Live Hans Zimmer!! =]

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby morri908 » March 24th, 2009, 2:06 am

you know... i think that he does music for like ... Every movie with background music... Expecially Disney and Dreamworks.. Those too companies have realized his amazingness
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Postby KiarasMate » May 24th, 2009, 5:47 am

I gotta say that Hans Zimmer is one of my favorite composers of all time! His instrumental scores from TLK and other movies are just so full of emotion and driven with power and full of inspiration all at the same time! ^^ I only wish I had his complete score CD from TLK, but I have most of the tracks individually, so it's okay. ^^ His work is just unmatched and it was sorely missed from TLK2SP. lol. >.>
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Mike » May 28th, 2009, 11:33 pm

*bows head in reverence for Hans Simmer*

lol, he needs a shrine :P
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Hydro » July 2nd, 2009, 3:17 pm

I worship this guy lol. Best music on Earth! And I have no idea from where he cooks it all up! Crimson Tide also had fantastic, epic soundtrack, Lion king's soundtrack is to die for, POTC's soundtrack never gets old and...and...his work's just too great! ^^ Must listen to his other tracks!!

Hydro

Why don't you have a seat right over there?

Pride Points: 8

Next

Return to Creators