Hans Zimmer

Re: Hans Zimmer

Postby TheDoctor » February 10th, 2011, 3:11 pm

^ What Simba66 said :P

Hans Zimmer is otherwise my favourite soundtrack composer. He never fails to amaze me with his magnificent scores ^^ It actually happens quite a lot that I watch a new film and think "Wow, that soundtrack was good. Oh, Hans Zimmer wrote it. No wonder then =P"
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Maaaaaaaaaan » February 11th, 2011, 8:34 am

Zimmer is one of the best composers to grace movies with his work. We all know the amazing work he did on The Lion King, but his star is growing in the current scene as well.
:)

The Dark Knight and Inception are related in so many ways, and Zimmer is part of the main reason for it. Music is an emotion unto itself, so his work turns a movie into a different genre at times. Probably my favorite Zimmer work of late is Tron: Legacy's soundtrack, which is one of the best ever in a movie. Daft Punk wanted to do the soundtrack after being inspired by his work on Inception and Dark Knight, and after they got done cutting the music, they sent it to Hans Zimmer's studio to polish it up and dramatize it. Oh, and he did Sherlock Holmes! XD

Just the other day I learned that he did some of the music in Modern Warfare as well. That shocked me honestly, that his reach has spread so far over the years.

Yet to come out: Rango, Pirates: On Stranger Tides, Sherlock Holmes 2, and Dark Knight Rises.

Enough cannot be said about his talent and musical prowess, and Zimmer is the reason I know LK not only word for word, but sound for sound.
:D
Signature by Ral for the One and Only Maaan
Maaaaaaaaaan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I can't take back the words I never said.

Nickname(s): Austin, Maan, Max10n
Pride Points: 1

Postby Arani » February 24th, 2011, 10:16 am

All Hail Zimmer!!!!!! :D
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby Simbaholikov » March 8th, 2011, 12:27 am

I downloaded the entire score to 'Black Hawk Down' the other day, and completely love it! :)
I had a few songs from it before, but i'm glad I downloaded the whole thing. Zimmer has done a flawless job on it, definitely captured the North African feel. ^^
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » March 15th, 2011, 7:49 am

Hans Zimmer is one of the best composers of our day. I listened to the Modern Warfare soundtrack, and consider it as a wested opportunity: the soundtrack is great. But hte simgle player campaign is plain bad all around, and the real game (multiplayer) has no music.

But he really shines in Black Hawk Down, POTC, and of course,
The Lion King.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Eli_Ayase » March 17th, 2011, 1:07 pm

He did a great job on Spirit stallion of the Cimarron soundtracks aswell. I like his music that i can't stop listening. Great work Hans Zimmer!
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise

Postby AdAstrα » March 17th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Yeah, I love the Spirit soundtrack :) He's just an awesome composer. I wish I was half as talented as him!
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Eli_Ayase » March 17th, 2011, 4:38 pm

I would be happy working with him xD. Lol joking.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise

Postby PrincessKiara » March 27th, 2011, 3:46 pm

[quote="atouchofgrace"][quote="Simba66"]He also wrote most of the score for The Prince of Egypt. Amazing movie, amazing animation... and phenomenal music.

Don't believe me? Give this a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vzuaoXkvA[/quote]

Prince of Egipt is sooooo underrated! One of the best animated movies ever, in my opinion.[/quote]

I was obsessed with that movie when it came out, and it really added a spark to my life-long intrest in Egypt.

Hans Zimmer is a true genius of music.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Ultra Fox » May 23rd, 2011, 6:32 am

I love Hans Zimmer! He's a... a...

Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

PreviousNext

Return to Creators