Hans Zimmer

Re: Hans Zimmer

Postby Harvs » May 27th, 2011, 1:43 am

[quote="SimbaGamer"]I love Hans Zimmer! He's a... a...

Image[/quote]

LOL! NOSTALGIA CRITIC!!!! :nukalaugh:

I think his best scores are that of The Lion King, Kung Fu Panda, The Prince of Egypt, The Road to El Dorado, Megamind, and Pirates.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby DGFone » May 27th, 2011, 1:51 am

In my opinion, Hans Zimmer is great with movies, but bad with video games. Black Hawk Down, Tears of The Sun (with Lebo M!), The Lion King, and many more, Zimmer is awesome!

But with Modern Warfare 2, Crysis 2... yeah... not so great...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ultra Fox » May 27th, 2011, 2:10 am

[quote="Simba66"][quote="SimbaGamer"]I love Hans Zimmer! He's a... a...

Image[/quote]

LOL! NOSTALGIA CRITIC!!!! :nukalaugh:

I think his best scores are that of The Lion King, Kung Fu Panda, The Prince of Egypt, The Road to El Dorado, Megamind, and Pirates.[/quote]
May I add Inception? 8-)
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Harvs » May 27th, 2011, 2:23 am

Only if you brawl me today my friend. :nukasupergrin:

jk, I haven't heard that soundtrack, but I will give it a listen.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Postby Lauren » May 28th, 2011, 5:15 am

Hans Zimmer had worked on music for alot of movies. No wonder why the music always turns out to be excellent. He has great talent and contributed so much into TLK's music score. Love Hans Zimmer. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Harvs » May 28th, 2011, 6:21 am

I just saw Pirates On Stranger Tides. That is some of Hans Zimmer's best work by far! Black Beard's theme was absolutely magnificent. I love how he pays tribute to the very first melody that the Pirates series made famous, and then adds new things to it as he continues his fine work. If you haven't heard Black Beard's theme, then let this blow your mind.

Hans Zimmer forever!

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Postby DGFone » May 28th, 2011, 7:31 am

^ Actually, I like the first PoTC movie a lot better than the others, with one of the main reasons being the soundtrack. With all the movies, Zimmer composed the score, but the first movie had about a few seconds of what the others didn't (as far as I can recall): a bit of a low, deep flute-like score. It is used with the Black Pearl, when dark ominous music is needed. I can't describe it exactly, but that little bit (I think it played 3 times in the movie) made a real difference for me. Call it nitpicking, but it's these small things that can mae or break entertainment for me.

Either way, Zimmer is pure awesome!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Annie » May 28th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Hans really is a genious! I could listen to his music all day. His soundtracks have inspired every single scene from my Chi Cats comics. If it ever gets made into a movie, I might give an epic prize to who ever could put the track to the scene :P haha!!

They portray so much emotion and you can feel exactly is what's happening in the scene!
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Azerane » May 31st, 2011, 2:23 pm

As far as I'm concenred, he is a musical genious. So many good movie scores that convey so much emotion. I love listening to movie scores though I don't own many, but zimmer is always a stand out.
Azerane

Pride Points: 9

Postby Ultra Fox » May 31st, 2011, 10:51 pm

I know this is off topic to Hans Zimmer, but...

why don't the directors themselves, Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff have their own page?
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

PreviousNext

Return to Creators