Hans Zimmer

Re: Hans Zimmer

Postby Meskhenet » July 25th, 2013, 1:06 am

I appreciate his contribution towards writing the scores and background scores to the songs in the movie. In my personal opinion he is at the level of Danny Elfman, and James Newton Howard. I'm pretty sure "The Lion King" would not have been the same if the scores were conducted and produced by another musician. What bothers me though is that the expanded score soundtrack was recalled shortly after it was released. I'm pretty sure he would have much more recognition if many people of all audience ages got a chance to listen to his masterpiece.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 26th, 2013, 10:39 pm

I love Hans Zimmer so much for the score of TLK (as well as a few others ^^).
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby SilverSimba01 » August 13th, 2013, 3:34 am

Composer of also the soundtrack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

the only one I know for sure it was him
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby DGFone » August 13th, 2013, 3:49 am

I was actually quite disappointed when I found out that he was composing for MW2, because let's face it: he can and did create a great score.

But why for a CALL OF DUTY game????

Of all the games to waste good musical talent on...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » September 7th, 2013, 11:32 am

lol I suppose it's because Activision have the dollar to get pretty much any composer they wanted on board for the COD games. I reckon they Googled "wut r sum good compozerz?" and then just contacted the first name to show up.
I don't think it was his best work at all though, the score for the game was okay, I mean it fits but it's not as outstanding and memorable as his work in say, Pirates of the Caribbean
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Previous

Return to Creators