Zira

Re: Zira

Postby KingKivuli » November 14th, 2011, 2:43 am

one end of a scale to another.... my second least fav character. usually i love evil. but thats all zira was just.. evil and obsessed with killing simba so badly. Her song was ok in the film but against the run of disney villains.... epic failure
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Pocahontas » November 15th, 2011, 9:33 pm

I don't believe Scar even really liked her. :? Look at him singing the coconut song in TLK 1, who would get dreams over that guy? :roll: But I did like her being played by Suzzane(Susan?), and her singing role in My Lullaby.
Pocahontas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby Noah » November 19th, 2011, 4:34 am

I recently saw the movie "Last Year at Marienbad". It's 50 years old and in black and white, but it has parallels to Inception, which is why I decided to check it out. Anyway, the movie revolves around a woman who thinks she knows this man from a visit she took the previous year to Marienbad, Czech Republic (hence the title) However as the movie progress the viewer learns that she has never met the man; its also implied she has never even gone to Marienbad either. I think this would have been the perfect way to enhance Zira's character, fill in plot holes, and avoid incest at the same! :zirainnocent:

Basically, Zira would think she is Scar's mate and thus Nuka, Kovu, and Vitani (being her real kids) would have Scar as their father. She thinks Scar was unrightfully dethroned and thus Kovu should be trained to kill Simba. However as the movie goes along we learn that she is delusional :evilzira: and she hasn't even met Scar. This would connect Kovu to Scar and then allow him and Kiara to become mates and avoid the 'i' word completely. Plot holes such as Kovu's age and "where was Zira during TLK1" would be easily swept under the rug. The movie could have a lesson along the lines of "Don't judge a lion by its cover" Plus, Zira's characters and persona would be greater enhanced once you realize "the lights are not on upstairs". Best of all, it would actually give Kovu and the lionesses a valid reason to turn to Simba and abandon Zira, rather than simply stating "We are One" :annoyed:

Anyways, what you guys think? :hey10:
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » November 19th, 2011, 4:42 am

^ The impression I got from others is that most people think that yes, Zira is very, very and deeply delusional.

As for me personally: Seeing how much Zira does everything in the name of Scar (Isn't her most said line "This is for you, Scar!"), it's not hard to see how she warships him as a god, and as a side effect, that impression lead her to think differently than what actually happened.

And the more time passed, Zira had more and more time to convince herself that what she believes in fact happened. So by the beginning of TLK 2, Zira is so far past the point of no return that she isn't able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy. This warped mind set then leads her to bran Simba the ultimate enemy, the anti-Scar. So to use a real world example, but in Zira's eyes, Simba is the anti-Christ. The ultimate evil who needs to be stopped at all costs.

Which is why when Zira is defeated at the end, her entire Pride betraying her, she chooses death over failure. I know Disney tried to make it look diffident, but we all know it's a suicide. And Zira by then did in fact believe with all her mind that, even with her won family corrupted by Simba to the point of betrayal, and having no chance of winning, there was one way out: Into the river.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Pocahontas » November 20th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Hmm...but perhaps she was just unstable to begin with? That could explain alot..
Pocahontas

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby VitaniOutsider » November 21st, 2011, 1:52 am

Yeah, she could have already been unstable! :grrzira: :pissed: :zira-approve: :zirainnocent:
~VitaniOutsider

My Current RPs:

Freedom OC Pride

Gift from Feathertail coming soon!

VitaniOutsider

I fail at chatting!

Nickname(s): VO, Vitani
Pride Points: 2

Postby Maleficent » November 22nd, 2011, 2:30 pm

I know I've already posted in here before, but my view of Zira has changed SO much.

I used to just like her because she was Scar's well...I don't think she was Scar's mate, so I'll just say lover. Anyways, once I started thinking a little more about her and after I watched Simba's Pride a few more times, I came to see that she's not just a crazed psychopath. There were several events that led up to her supposed insanity. I think she's a strong lioness who's able to stand up for what she wants and fight until the end. A lot of people say her suicide was creepy, but I think it was almost romantic in the end. Her obsessiveness is something I definitely share (I'm really OCD) and I can definitely relate to her understand circumstances.

All in all, I really love this crazy lioness. <3
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Spoiler: show
Maleficent
خودکشی یک راه حل دائمی است

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Nickname(s): Mal, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 77

Postby Ananda » April 20th, 2012, 8:57 pm

Zira is definitely my favorite character from TLK. I've always thought of her as Scar's wife, and probably will always think of her that way, but that didn't change the fact she was a dedicated follower of Scar. No matter how bad her intentions were, lol, imagine if she was on Simba's side, with all the spirit and the dedication she had.
Ananda

Pride Points: 0

Postby Nukascar1 » April 20th, 2012, 9:37 pm

[quote="Ananda"]Zira is definitely my favorite character from TLK. I've always thought of her as Scar's wife, and probably will always think of her that way, but that didn't change the fact she was a dedicated follower of Scar. No matter how bad her intentions were, lol, imagine if she was on Simba's side, with all the spirit and the dedication she had.[/quote]

I probs wouldn't of liked her then I hate good guys in movies.
Nukascar1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby Ananda » April 21st, 2012, 4:52 pm

[quote="Nukascar1"]

I probs wouldn't of liked her then I hate good guys in movies.[/quote]

Me too, mostly. :zirainnocent:
Ananda

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters