Timon & Pumbaa

Re: Timon & Pumbaa

Postby HellmotherEva » September 4th, 2012, 5:13 pm

LOVE! ♥___♥ But I have to say that I like Pumbaa more... He's like the big, nice, cute, funny, loyal buddy I never had xD
HellmotherEva
I'm a greedy hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hate me, I don't want to argue

Nickname(s): Eva
Pride Points: 4

Re: Timon

Postby Timon the great » September 23rd, 2012, 5:04 am

I never got to this. But I sure do have a "story" to give about Timon which I don't think I'll be getting entirely to in my first post here. But if all else fails, this is what I'm gonna say to everyone:

Timon, to this day in official LK business, has Never disappointed me. I like everything about him and I think what many who just plain dislike him are not seeing is that he is a complex character. If they could take a little more time to understand his behavior (especially in All of TLK 3), I believe it could actually make at least some kind of difference here.

Also, he isn't as insensitive or inconsiderate as he might look. Yes, I understand that he occasionally is to some extent. But all in all, Timon can seriously be very caring towards his friends; and there is nothing that I've seen would make me even think that there's something bad to be considered about him.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Chakatheprince » September 30th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Too funny. PARTY POOPER ME!!!!! Yeah, I said it. I never saw Lion King with funny characters (besides the cubs, because they are just kids). I only care for them because they saved Simba. Never really liked them though.
THIS
IS
SPARTA!!!
Nah, it's just Chaka. :3 My name is Chaka. Im a brown cub with a kopa-like tuft. I have very cold blue eyes and sharp talon-like claws- so look out! >: D I personally LOVE TLK and Warrior Cats.
Chakatheprince
I can roar.

Nah, I can't.

Pride Points: 1

Postby Jacoba » November 10th, 2012, 11:11 am

Timon and Pumbaa are my favorite characters after Simba and Mufasa they are very good through out the movie and they helped simba to become the king of the pride land.
Jacoba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Sammi » November 10th, 2012, 7:28 pm

I was bullied during my education years, but what always cheered me up was watching TLK after school. I feel as though Timon and Pumbaa are some of my best (fictional) friends because they would never judge me, unlike the bullies. When I was in high school, I never had someone I could truly rely on. I envied Timon and Pumbaa for their friendship - and still do. They also taught me hakuna matata, which is something that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life.

I don't expect many people to understand this, but it'll be great if at least one person does. :P
Sammi

Pride Points: 1

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » November 12th, 2012, 3:53 am

for some reason when i was young Ii thought Hakuna Matata was Timmon and Pumba
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby Timon the great » November 25th, 2012, 1:58 am

[quote="Sammi"]I was bullied during my education years, but what always cheered me up was watching TLK after school. I feel as though Timon and Pumbaa are some of my best (fictional) friends because they would never judge me, unlike the bullies. When I was in high school, I never had someone I could truly rely on. I envied Timon and Pumbaa for their friendship - and still do. They also taught me hakuna matata, which is something that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life.

I don't expect many people to understand this, but it'll be great if at least one person does. :P[/quote]

I completely understand what you mean. But on a side note, I think a lot of us here were also bullied in some form or fashion during our school years too.

I think what makes it great to see fictional characters like Timon or Pumbaa as a friend, is that they can help you in life, bring you back up, and possibly if I might add, comfort you. Especially during the troubles of life.

For me, when it comes to "Timon & Pumbaa", I don't consider myself a fan in this aspect. Because it's been strictly about Timon in my life, since 1994. He's the one who brought me back to TLK in a huge way this year. And now that it's been about 7 months since this happened, I've come to know just like you Sammi, that Timon is my friend and that I can hold on to him for as long as I choose to do so. The imagination is what keeps them alive, in our lives. And, just like you said, they will never judge you.

"Hakuna Matata", as a Timon person, many would expect me to be into this song the most. But in TLK 1, "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", has had a bigger impact on me, and Timon and Pumbaa are still involved in the song. But I accept Hakuna Matata for what it is. And I believe it can help you out to a certain extent in your life. I mean, we should have No worries in life. But I don't believe that it can actually solve ALL the problems that you face in life. This, I have faith in Jesus Christ for guidance in. But that is a completely different subject.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Sigurd » July 25th, 2013, 2:57 am

Timon and Pumbaa are great characters. I remember I watched their TV series a lot, it was one of my favorite TV shows during my childhood (and I like today too)
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

Postby Timon4life » August 7th, 2013, 1:18 pm

I love Timon because he reminds me of myself. especially in TLK 1.5 when we really got to see his back story. I really admire his determination and focus in TLK 1.5 and in the T&P show. He's my hero :3
"when the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world" -Timon
Timon4life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Zonofon » September 11th, 2013, 7:09 pm

I think here corresponds (though indirectly) one proverb which could be translated as- "might be friends, but their tobacco was of different brands". (And just in case: smoking is bad for your health ;) )
For me, Timon and Pumbaa are not organic whole. They are very different. And therefore dearer to me is only Timon. I think he is very sincere- he is not pure positive or negative character. If he take offense, he do it in a big way. But he never forgets about friendship.
I do not want to offend anyone with my vision of this duet.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters