Timon & Pumbaa

Re: Timon & Pumbaa

Postby Jogu » October 7th, 2009, 1:21 am

I hated these two so much. I actually went most of the film thinking they were bad guys. They're two of the most evil, nasty, despicable, despisable, Disney villains I’ve ever seen on screen. They only help poor Simba so they can use him. These two are lazy, evil, greedy, selfish little vermin larva who are actually guilty of corrupting a small child and we we're supposed to like them. The only thing more unnerving than that was that people actually did like them.
Jogu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

As good as it gets

Pride Points: 0

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 7th, 2009, 7:41 am

well they found Cub Simba and helped him
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 7th, 2009, 2:11 pm

[quote="Jogu"]I hated these two so much. I actually went most of the film thinking they were bad guys. They're two of the most evil, nasty, despicable, despisable, Disney villains I’ve ever seen on screen. They only help poor Simba so they can use him. These two are lazy, evil, greedy, selfish little vermin larva who are actually guilty of corrupting a small child and we we're supposed to like them. The only thing more unnerving than that was that people actually did like them.[/quote]

Dude, if they weren't there then Simba would be dead so STHU. And I bet Simba wouldn't find Nala if Pumbaa wasn't there. Also, Pumbaa wanted to adopt Simba without thinking that he would protect them, he just to Timon that she he can adopt Simba.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 7th, 2009, 2:47 pm

And they teached him bout Hanuka matata.
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 7th, 2009, 6:53 pm

That wasn't neccecary, there could be a movie without Hakuna matata at all.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby thanigraphics » October 7th, 2009, 6:55 pm

NO, no, no, Jogu is right! See for yourselves, the part where Timon and Pumbaa appear for the first time. And especially Timon (Pumbaa is just, well, a warthog ;))
First thing he says is "eek, a lion!" and he wants to run off. Then he says that he might be usefull when he grows up. The only one who really cares about Simba at that point, is Pumbaa, who asks "aww, can we keep him?" So Pumbaa is not that bad.
Then Timon keeps kicking Pumbaa to the ground (verbally, not literally) with his sneers and sarcasm, like "lay down, or you might hurt yourself"

If my best friend said something like that, I'd tell him to *bad word* off.
Timon keeps humiliating the poor good ol' Pumbaa during the whole movie. And everyone thinks he's funny? :ew: Since when is that funny?

Look, I like their designs and they do have some funny moments. And even burping and farting, which is not my sense of humor, hmkay. But the way Timon acts as a character!
He'd be way cooler and nicer if he wasn't such a showoff. Couldn't his designers just give him a few talents? Because Timon isn't really good at anything. He's just a noisy brat, screaming loud for attention and trying to get what others deserve, even when it comes to simple little honours.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Jogu » October 7th, 2009, 7:25 pm

[quote="CommandoTheLion"]And they teached him bout Hanuka matata.[/quote]
Let me ask you this: If the only salvagable point to this film is that you shouldn't sherk your responsibilities, then why does Hakuna Matata get its own song? Why is is portrayed in a positive light in this song? Hakuna Matata is a philosophy that no one should ever follow in their lives.

Yeah, what a wonderful phrase.
Jogu

As good as it gets

Postby thanigraphics » October 7th, 2009, 7:40 pm

well, basically you're right, especially Timon who lacks any responsibility. Pumbaa is just a simple critter, who lives by the moment (that's what makes him somehow funny)
But I think the meaning of Hakuna Matata in the movie was that, if something bad happens to you, it's better to look forward than looking back. Because you cannot change the past, but you can make up a better and carefree future. Both Timon and Pumbaa were outcasted for things they couldn't help (in Timons case I somehow doubt that, he's just a lazy *beep*)
But Pumbaa was kicked out of the community he lived in cuz of his flatulency (muahaha the word) something he really couldn't help.
So I think that's the reason they turned their back on every responsibility. Like "whatever we do, it's not good enough for them (society) so we just don't give a hack and live our own little narrow-minded lives"

And then a young abandoned cub comes in, also with a heavy past. :P
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Postby Moka » October 7th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Rafiki taught Simba that Hakuna Matata isn't a good lifestyle. Hakuna Matata may get its own song, but almost no moment in TLK is more memorable than when Mufasa appears in the clouds for his son. Disney isn't promoting this lifestyle for children. Timon and Pumbaa are just comic relief from an otherwise pretty serious "kids" movie.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby thanigraphics » October 7th, 2009, 10:35 pm

*ishe old 'n serious*

I think you have to be a child to like their humor.....but as a kid, no, haven't laughed even a single time.
I cried out of laughing because of Rafiki's "asante sana, squash banana, mimi apana" THAT was epic! And Ed the hyena, in his whole existance :p
ImageImageImage
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters