One thing that annoys me...

One thing that annoys me...

Postby Sigurd » July 10th, 2013, 6:00 am

I know I shouldn't take this movie seriously, but this thing I think is rather strange. When Timon leaves his colony, Simba isn't born yet (or has just been born, it's impossible to determine), and in the end of the movie when Ma and Uncle Max find Timon at the Pride Rock, Simba is an adult. So Ma and Uncle Max was looking for him for YEARS! What did they do all this time? This thing is rather annoying, isn't it?
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Re: One thing that annoys me...

Postby DGFone » July 10th, 2013, 6:58 am

It's TLK 1 1/2. What do you expect? It's a parody, not to be taken seriously.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Carl » July 10th, 2013, 7:04 am

To be fair, Timon was able to ride Pumbaa from very early in his journey, so he could cross distances much more swiftly than Ma and Uncle Max. In addition, those two didn't really have an exact idea of where to search for him.

Taking their tiny size and lack of definite direction into account, it's more likely a miracle that they didn't take longer to find him, or that they even found him at all.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby TheLionPrince » July 10th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Yeah, I noticed that. As for Ma and Uncle Max's "lack of direction", I guess Ma asked Rafiki directly where Timon is before embarking on "the journey of a thousand miles" and they spent those years trying to locate the jungle. I figure their small bodies and the fact that the undergrounds of the Pride Lands were hardening due to the drought during Scar's reign only made the journey more difficult. On a funny note, I find it pretty odd how Uncle Max didn't give up early on given his dislike of his nephew and his discontent of joining Ma in the first place.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby cleargreenwater » July 11th, 2013, 12:20 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]On a funny note, I find it pretty odd how Uncle Max didn't give up early on given his dislike of his nephew and his discontent of joining Ma in the first place.[/quote]

....Uncle Max was probably so ticked at the kid by that point what with Ma dragging him along to find him that he'd get dead-set on finding Timon just to give him the biggest what-for of his life :lol:

As for the topic, if Ma & Max went wandering for years, well, at least they were a few years that Ma didn't have the colony staring daggers at her & her tunnel-klutz son, maybe it was a cake-walk in comparision :ohgod:
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Titanics Captain » July 11th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Nah, I don't find that annoying. I never even thought of it.

Titanics Captain
Welcome Aboard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Oh [censored], an iceburg!

Nickname(s): Titanics Captain
Pride Points: 5

Postby Timon the great » July 22nd, 2013, 8:20 pm

It's never bothered me. I have wondered before about how Ma & Uncle Max survived all of the time it took them to find Him. But when you see them reunite with Timon, it looks as if they had gone on their journey for only..., a little bit of time. Image

[quote="cleargreenwater"][quote="TheLionPrince"]On a funny note, I find it pretty odd how Uncle Max didn't give up early on given his dislike of his nephew and his discontent of joining Ma in the first place.[/quote]

....Uncle Max was probably so ticked at the kid by that point what with Ma dragging him along to find him that he'd get dead-set on finding Timon just to give him the biggest what-for of his life :lol:[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he was ultimately forced by Ma to come along with him. He seemed to have a good deal of respect for her (family wise, that is). But Uncle Max was floored to see Timon at Pride Rock. So yeah. By then, he probably would have wanted to give him "the biggest what-for of his life". Especially when he sees his nephew in a hula costume, and then grumbles under his breath. :max2: :luau:

[quote="DGFone"]It's TLK 1 1/2. What do you expect? It's a parody, not to be taken seriously.[/quote]
With all due respect, just because one or two people in the production staff imply that this film parallels the events of TLK 1, does Not mean that everything of it is a parody, and a joke. When you have given enough time in understanding the logic of this TLK film, Timon's story in it, proves my point.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Return to The Movies