Misheard quotes

Misheard quotes

Postby Pixie » May 21st, 2010, 12:02 pm

Sometimes when you watch a film, you think the characters say something completely different to what they are meant to say, usually leading to hilarious consequences!
In The Lion King, I always used to think Scar said "I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the dream poo"
Anyone else got any funny mis-quotes?
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Re: Misheard quotes

Postby PrincessKiara » May 22nd, 2010, 6:22 am

:lol:

Every time I watch SP in Norwegian, I swear Timon says about Zira "I think she needs an OB" (OB is a brand of tampons) :innocent: The English line is "Boy, does she need a hobby."
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Simbaholikov » May 22nd, 2010, 6:30 am

In 'Be Prepared' when Scar says "I never thought hyenas essential, they're crude and unspeakably plain" I always hear that as "I never thought I use ascension, that crude, and unspeakable pain" Which, to be honest, doesn't make any sense :) But that's what I hear ^^
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panda-chan » May 22nd, 2010, 6:40 am

Kiara: "We make such a good team! And you... you were really brave!"
misheard as...
Kiara: "We make such a good team! Achoo! You were really brave!"

:lol:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Pixie » May 22nd, 2010, 9:00 am

"what do you wan't me to do? dress a dragon doolahoola?"- Timon
I had nooooo idea what "doolahoola" was, and I never connected the dots between the line and that he desses in drag and does the hoola moments later. And I wondered where the dragon was...
I guess I was young at the time... :P
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby Gerada » May 22nd, 2010, 5:38 pm

Quote:
Life's not fair, is it? You see I -- well, I... shall never be King. And you... shall never see the light of another day. ... Adieu...

Mis-heard Quote:
Life's not fair, is it? You see I -- well, I... shall never be King. And you... shall never see the light of another day. ... I do...
[In progress.....]

[Credits go to KiaraKovu, Huge Thanks!]
Gerada

Hakuna Matata

Pride Points: 2

Postby thebigj2 » May 22nd, 2010, 5:56 pm

XDnot realy got any...but i love the OP's exsample XD
thebigj2

Pride Points: 0

Postby rich198 » May 22nd, 2010, 10:12 pm

to find out the actual line i had to watch it with the subtitles and for years i thought it was
thiere far to much on planet
actual line thieres far to much to take in here
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Thanks go to Natiliethelionqueen for the siggy
rich198

thanks go to SC for the avvie

Nickname(s): forest, allen, the one-eyebrowed lion
Pride Points: 3

Postby reojohn285 » June 8th, 2010, 10:45 am

[quote="Pixielicious"]"what do you wan't me to do? dress a dragon doolahoola?"- Timon
I had nooooo idea what "doolahoola" was, and I never connected the dots between the line and that he desses in drag and does the hoola moments later. And I wondered where the dragon was...
I guess I was young at the time... :P[/quote]

I was thought that You have to not knew dressed up of the character in which they played the character in that film. I was also confused while I have seen that movie couple of the day ago. I have felt such a wonder when the dragon was fired. I liked it.
reojohn285

Nickname(s): reojohn

Postby Platina » June 21st, 2010, 6:08 am

When I was 4 and watching the Lion King, I thought when Pumba and Simba said 'slimy yet satisfying', they said 'slimy 'n chatisfy'... Embarrassingly enough, it was only after I bought the Special Edition release (and at 14 years old, I might add) did I read the captions and saw the correct words.

But c'mon, you can't blame a 4 year old for mishearing stuff like that, right? ...Right? :innocent:
Last edited by Platina on August 14th, 2010, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platina

Next

Return to The Movies