Weeks
3%
Hours
1%
Minutes
10%
Seconds
3%
They were born in the same litter, Mufasa as the firstborn.
54%

Total votes : 78

Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?

Postby Simbadacub » May 19th, 2010, 1:15 pm

i always believed Mufasa and Taka/Scar were born in the same litter, but by minutes appart
Simbadacub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheIvanMuse » May 19th, 2010, 4:52 pm

I think that he was one generation older than Scar...

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby Kojo » May 19th, 2010, 8:06 pm

I really like that theory of why Mufasa would be older though. xD Great attention to detail, and I commend you for that.

Only problem is that this is an animated movie. I highly doubt that the animators colored the bridges of the characters' noses in an effort to prove their ages. They might have even done these things without even noticing that it could lead to such a theory as you have set forth. The fact that the coloring of Kovu disproves your theory only seems to prove that the animators weren't doing it consciously, or else they would have continued the trend in the second film.

There are a lot of coloring snafus throughout the movie. The whites of Simba's eyes change frequently from yellow to white throughout the movie, for example.
I could go through and propose a theory that he had some kind of lion-eye-disease based on that if I wanted to. But the fact is that it was just some random coloring snafus made by the animators.
''I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your house... and punch you in the face.'' - Sue Sylvester (on Glee)
Kojo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 23rd, 2010, 4:27 am

While looking at Wikipedia's entry for lion, I found this:

[quote] The color of the male's mane varies from blond to black, generally becoming darker as the lion grows older.[/quote]

this should mean that Scar is the older one - but, Kovu has a darker mane than Simba, and we know for a fact that he is younger...

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby PrincessKiara » May 23rd, 2010, 11:37 am

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]While looking at Wikipedia's entry for lion, I found this:

[quote] The color of the male's mane varies from blond to black, generally becoming darker as the lion grows older.[/quote]

this should mean that Scar is the older one - but, Kovu has a darker mane than Simba, and we know for a fact that he is younger...[/quote]

I honestly don’t think the animators payd attention to that detail when making the movie. Scar’s mane being black is simply symbolic, a visual sign of the darkness inside him. And Kovu was made to look like Scar on the outside, making everyone around him think he was exactly the same as Scar on the inside as well. It was a key point in the story: Kovu was chosen to follow in Scars pawprints, but he was nothing like Scar, despite their physical resemblence.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Kina » May 23rd, 2010, 4:19 pm

I believe that Mufasa and Taka/Scar are from the same litter, with Mufasa being the eldest. People have brought up interesting theories already in this thread, but no matter what the theory, there will probably be some little niche in all of them. (Thought-provoking and fodder nonetheless.) As others have already said; Disney was likely aiming for the darkness in Scar's soul making it's way to his physical appearance through the dark mane. Kovu's mane would also fall in line with that, seeing as he was to follow Scar's pawprints. Scar's build and demeanor could suggest that he is from a different litter, when compared to his brother, but it seems unlikely in some cases. In a nutshell, though, they are likely from the same one.
Kina

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby AustralianChaos » May 25th, 2010, 12:11 pm

I must take the popular opinion on this one, and agree that I believe Scar and Mufasa to be from the same litter.

While I commend the OP for putting such an interesting theory forward, I just don't see Scar being so jealous of a brother that was far older than him. If Mufasa was, say, a year older...Scar would have been born with Mufasa's status as future king already known. Being born into this knowledge would more than likely make him less jealous.
If they were born in the same litter, however, Scar would have to witness Mufasa's 'grooming' as a prince, and be forever reminded that he was merely seconds or minutes away from becoming that prince. Being so close, yet so far from such power can drive many to fits of uncontrollable jealousy.
Image Image Thanks Simbaholic for the sig & mood buttons!
Spoiler: show
Thanks Simbaholic for the sig!

Awards

And also thanks to Simbaholic for my avatar!
AustralianChaos

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Utopia is where dreams and reality are one...

Location: South-East Australia (or wandering the endless plains...)
Nickname(s): AC, Chaos, Tanga, Fuzzy-Kins, KinasMate
Pride Points: 7

Postby Skittakallista » May 26th, 2010, 8:39 pm

[quote="Pixielicious"]Even though the pictures of the lions at the start of this discussion (I forget who posted it :nukahaha: )make alot of sense, Kovu has a light nose bridge, or whatever it's called when he in an adolescent, even a cub, thus showing that it may be incorrect to assume that Mufasa is so much older than Scar.
I have no idea how to add a picture (I'm new at this :innocent: ) so ill just add some smilies of Kovu as an example.
So, here we go...
:sad: :oops: :lonely: :outcold: :confident: :ehh2: :goodnight:
you get the idea :P[/quote]

Good find Pixielicious!
Anyway, I think, although you have looked into this thouruly/thoroughly/thourouly/oh dear, my personal opinion is that they are littermates with Mufasa being the eldest. As other people have pointed out, if Mufasa was alot older than Taka then he would have learnt from a very young age that he would just have to live with it, but as they were mere minutes/seconds apart he can only think about the what ifs.
The madness hampsters
Every night they visit you,
Every night they come,
And bit by bit they take your brain
And feed it to their mum.
Skittakallista

RAWR!!!! Heh, I scared you!

Nickname(s): Skitta, Skittles, Skittie
Pride Points: 0

Postby SilverSimba01 » May 27th, 2010, 1:04 am

I don't know about this one, it make me think that both Mufasa and Scar are in the same age
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Ushujaa » May 27th, 2010, 1:40 am

i think that Mufasa was born in the same litter as Scar, i also think that they were probably friends as cubs until Mufasa was crowned heir to the throne

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies