Weeks
3%
Hours
1%
Minutes
10%
Seconds
3%
They were born in the same litter, Mufasa as the firstborn.
54%

Total votes : 78

Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?

Postby Pixie » May 27th, 2010, 2:55 am

[quote="TheIvanMuse"]I think that he was one generation older than Scar...[/quote]

Really? A generation? Not trying to be pernikity, but if Mufasa was a generation older than Scar, Scar would be the same age as Simba. Generations are appox. 20 years apart (In human years), and are the gap measured by the next offspring, eg. grandparents, parents, children, are each a generation apart. Siblings are usually born in the same generation, unless the parents have the second child much, much later than the first, allowing the older sibling enough age to (not literally) be their parent.
Scar and Mufasa are closer in age than that.
:?
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby TheIvanMuse » May 27th, 2010, 1:40 pm

[quote="Pixielicious"][quote="TheIvanMuse"]I think that he was one generation older than Scar...[/quote]

Really? A generation? Not trying to be pernikity, but if Mufasa was a generation older than Scar, Scar would be the same age as Simba. Generations are appox. 20 years apart (In human years), and are the gap measured by the next offspring, eg. grandparents, parents, children, are each a generation apart. Siblings are usually born in the same generation, unless the parents have the second child much, much later than the first, allowing the older sibling enough age to (not literally) be their parent.
Scar and Mufasa are closer in age than that.
:?[/quote]
I didnt' make myself very clear there... :/
What I was thinking (since I don't know how long a lioness carries her young) is that Ahadi and Uru had Mufasa,then shortly afterwards they had Scar.

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby Pixie » May 28th, 2010, 2:40 am

[quote="TheIvanMuse"]I didnt' make myself very clear there... :/
What I was thinking (since I don't know how long a lioness carries her young) is that Ahadi and Uru had Mufasa,then shortly afterwards they had Scar.[/quote]

Oh ok, that makes sense then :P
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby iluvnala » January 19th, 2011, 2:27 pm

I think there in the same litter and Mufasa was first born
iluvnala

Nickname(s): nalagirl
Pride Points: 0

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 13th, 2011, 1:23 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]I don't understand how you can base a theory like this off something as simplistic as color differences. This is an animated movie after all. Do you really think that was their intention for drawing the characters as they did? I think you're looking into things a bit too deeply. Your theory also poses quite a few conflicting issues that don't really make much sense.

You say that you believe Mufasa was already an adult by the time Taka was born? O.o If that were the case, I don't see how Taka would be as jealous over his brother's position as king then. If they grew up together and were around the same age, it makes sense that Taka would be extremely resentful over his brother for becoming king over himself. If Mufasa was already dubbed the future king though when Taka was born, he'd have no reason to feel that way.

The reason why Taka says that line from the movie that you quoted in the way he did was just to appease Cubby Simba from wanting to go with him. Nothing more, nothing less, and lastly, if you are going to use a theory that involves appearance (and not just animation) than you can't rule out the sequel movie. Again, if we're just talking about coloring in general, then yes, you could say they did things differently in TLK2SP but your theory relies on the supposed fact that this was done to show aging, so yeah. Anyways, interesting theory nonetheless but quite farfetched if I do say so myself.

I'd still say that Mufasa and Taka were littermates and the differences in appearance just are a result of genetics and how they chose to take care of themselves growing up.[/quote]
Yeah: I don't know how you could base a story off that. And Scar got his Scar from a water buffalo. :P

I would guess that they were in the same litter, but Mufasa came first...
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby StarlightLioness » April 6th, 2011, 7:59 am

I haver always been of the opinion that Mufasa and Scar were born from the same litter. Mufasa was the first one to be born with Taka coming minutes or even hours later. Hence WHY Scar was SO resentful of Mufasa's position as king. Sometimes twins can resent that one is only minutes older than themself. And some of that resentment is backed up by the thought that Ahadi probably spent way more time with Mufasa than Taka - training him to become king. So Taka would have developed jealousy issues - thinking that Mufasa was "stealing" all of the time with their father. I don't think Taka ever really bonded with Ahadi as a result - that's why he has the quote "a sort of...father-son...thing." He never got those special moments with his own father, despite being essentially the same age as his brother.

Seeing the images in "A Tale of Two Brothers" reinforced my intial thoughts since Mufasa and Taka are both drawn to look exactly the same age.
"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I." ~ Mufasa
StarlightLioness
Super Geek

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Nickname(s): Deadly Chakram everywhere else
Pride Points: 14

Postby DGFone » April 6th, 2011, 8:09 am

I don't consider Scar and Mufasa as twins. But seeing as lions need I believe a few moths between cubs, I think that Scar and Mufasa are separated by that time period when lionesses can't have cubs. I believe it's about two months. I can be easily wrong.
The reason why I don't consider Scar and Mufasa twins is because I happen to be a twin, and I don't notice any difference between me and my sibling. I actually sometimes forgot who came first (I was), but the difference is non-existent. We are both the same age.
It could be different wit Scar and Mufasa (being royal twins), but I think that Scar is even more resentful of Mufasa because Scar NEVER had the chance to become king. If they were twins, there was always hope...
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby StarlightLioness » April 6th, 2011, 8:23 am

[quote="DGFone"]I don't consider Scar and Mufasa as twins. But seeing as lions need I believe a few moths between cubs, I think that Scar and Mufasa are separated by that time period when lionesses can't have cubs. I believe it's about two months. I can be easily wrong.
The reason why I don't consider Scar and Mufasa twins is because I happen to be a twin, and I don't notice any difference between me and my sibling. I actually sometimes forgot who came first (I was), but the difference is non-existent. We are both the same age.
It could be different wit Scar and Mufasa (being royal twins), but I think that Scar is even more resentful of Mufasa because Scar NEVER had the chance to become king. If they were twins, there was always hope...[/quote]

Ah, but that's exactly why I think they were twins. It would totally hurt Scar more knowing that only seconds separated him from being born first and being the crown prince. Even a separation of a few months would mean that Scar could never be king. There's no helping that. But knowing that if only he had beaten his brother out of the womb he could have been king - that would be a real kicker.
"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I." ~ Mufasa
StarlightLioness
Super Geek

Postby SimbasGuard » April 6th, 2011, 8:56 am

I also believe that Mufasa and Scar are Litter mates, Scar himself makes a veiled reference to this he says "When it comes to brains I got the Lion's share, but when it comes to brute strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gen pool." I know being that they have the same parents that they are still from the same gen pool, but if they were from different litters, that comparison would make less sense. Why would Scar feel as if Mufasa got the better gens if they were from different litters?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby StarlightLioness » April 6th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Because genes aren't birth order specific. Cubs from 2 different litters or cubs from the same litter both have equal chances of getting the traits that they have. It all depends on how the DNA from the father and the DNA in the mother mix when the fetus is created. Twins have equal chances of having brown eyes as two children from separate births would have, for example. Or one twin can be really great at sports but be horrible when it comes to studying, and the other twin could be great in school but be the worst athlete ever.
StarlightLioness
Super Geek

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies