Weeks
3%
Hours
1%
Minutes
10%
Seconds
3%
They were born in the same litter, Mufasa as the firstborn.
54%

Total votes : 78

Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?

Postby ScarsLove » November 4th, 2012, 11:07 pm

In my self canon, Mufasa is a year or two older than Scar. When Ahadi would take out Mufasa, Uru was left at home and felt very lonely. It was then she asked Ahadi if they could have another cub, he granted her wish and they had little Taka/Scar :)

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Amaranth » December 9th, 2012, 1:39 am

When I was a kid, Scar always looked like the older one to me. The 'big brother' comment always confused me, due to how much older Scar looked. I always associated physical weakness more with older age than youth. He still looks older to me. Though nowadays, I understand that looking older doesn't always equate to being older. Perhaps, as a cub, Scar didn't have his signature gaunt and lanky appearence. He could have looked just like any other healthy cub. Watching his brother undergo training and recieve all the attention from their father would have not only made him jealous, but perhaps stressful as well.

Now, stress can enhance the effects of ageing. I've seen 20 year olds (humans) get grey hair because they were over-worked or having a troubled life. If, in lions, having a darker mane is usually a sign of older age, perhaps Scar developed that through the excelled aging effects of being in a stressful situation. Therefor, it makes sense to me that they would have been littermates and their appearence differs so greatly due to stress.

For those of you (seems to be everyone besides me xP) who are under the the belief that Mufasa looks older, this can be applied the other way around. Perhaps the stress of having the responsibility of running a whole kingdom made Mufasa appear older. His face would develop more strongly due to being in that position and because he had more work to carry out, he developed more muscles - not through age, just physical activity.

I probably got quiet a few facts a little off, but whatever. :) Should be an interesting read nonetheless.
Amaranth
The dreadful, the unbearable,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The Psychotic Lioness

Nickname(s): Amaranth, Ama, Rad
Pride Points: 4

Postby PrincessKiara » December 9th, 2012, 9:10 pm

I think Scar looks like he`s older, due to his mane being so dark, and him being scrawny, he looks old. :P

Anyway, I think Mufasa and Scar were born in the same litter, Mufasa was the firstborn, and thus became the crownprince.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Previous

Return to The Movies