Missing Earstripes/Diff Alligators?

Missing Earstripes/Diff Alligators?

Postby Wereberess » April 23rd, 2010, 9:36 pm

Seems i was wrong.
There WERE flaws when Simba was a cub!
And I thought they had nailed it.

Also, notice how he really doesn't look like Simba anymore. But a cub version of Mufasa!

As for the next attachment. Has anyone noticed how the first rectangular like alligators turned into cartoony circular alligators?
Attachments
earstripes.jpg
earstripes.jpg (11.38 KiB) Viewed 4242 times
DA.jpg
DA.jpg (45.72 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
EArstripesless.jpg
Mufasa? Is that you? XD
EArstripesless.jpg (10.79 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
Last edited by Wereberess on April 25th, 2010, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click meh eggs plz! :D
thx! :D
Wereberess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Missing Earstripes/Diff Alligators?

Postby KiarasMate » April 23rd, 2010, 9:56 pm

Okay, I've said this before in other threads that relate to very minor imperfections of the movies, but I feel the need to say it again. Pointing out every little mistake within the movies that we're all supposed to love and respect seems really stupid to me. No one is perfect and the animators of these amazing movies are no different, yet with that stated, they are, by far, way more talented than you or I, so what right do we have to bring to light, their minor flaws? In my opinion, until you yourself come out with a movie that's equally or more successful as TLK was, you have no reason to point a judgmental finger at those who took time and effort and poured their heart and souls into movies that mean so much to the fans. Knit-picking every little mistake about the movie and posting a thread about it just tears away at the integrity of our beloved movies as a whole and makes us look less like fans of the films, and more like people who are just looking for something to complain about. I for one, think that we should focus more upon the positive aspects of TLK and stop making such a big deal out of the littlest errors found within the movies. this isn't a personal attack, so don't take it that way. It's just an overall statement and my honest opinion in regards to all topics that deal with the tiny blemishes about the movies that don't necessarily take anything away from the film's greatness itself. I've said my peace now though, so I'll leave it at that.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Akril » April 23rd, 2010, 10:25 pm

I remember people talking about the altered crocodiles back when TLK SE DVD was first released. According to this message board thread, the original crocodiles were changed because they looked too similar to a group of crocodiles featured in a painting by Michael Bedard (even though I honestly don't see much similarity between them at all).

There's an image of the original crocodiles on this page as well as several other differences between the DVD and VHS versions.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby thanigraphics » April 23rd, 2010, 11:04 pm

Pointing out little mistakes is very common in the fandom. These little mistakes even inspire people to create their own stories behind the movie. Like Beany tag Nuka, the wrongly coloured and very different drawn Nuka picture that was the label of a stuffed Nuka beany that looked like this: :beanytagnuka: Whole stories were told about him, some said he was the brother of Zira, or the father of Kovu, or Zira's dad, or Vitani's son or mate.
Well, anyways, what I'd like to know: how much time is there between the two crock shots? They are both from IJCWTBK right?
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Wereberess » April 24th, 2010, 4:47 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]Okay, I've said this before in other threads that relate to very minor imperfections of the movies, but I feel the need to say it again. Pointing out every little mistake within the movies that we're all supposed to love and respect seems really stupid to me. No one is perfect and the animators of these amazing movies are no different, yet with that stated, they are, by far, way more talented than you or I, so what right do we have to bring to light, their minor flaws? In my opinion, until you yourself come out with a movie that's equally or more successful as TLK was, you have no reason to point a judgmental finger at those who took time and effort and poured their heart and souls into movies that mean so much to the fans. Knit-picking every little mistake about the movie and posting a thread about it just tears away at the integrity of our beloved movies as a whole and makes us look less like fans of the films, and more like people who are just looking for something to complain about. I for one, think that we should focus more upon the positive aspects of TLK and stop making such a big deal out of the littlest errors found within the movies. this isn't a personal attack, so don't take it that way. It's just an overall statement and my honest opinion in regards to all topics that deal with the tiny blemishes about the movies that don't necessarily take anything away from the film's greatness itself. I've said my peace now though, so I'll leave it at that.[/quote]

It was actually an attempt at a joke but i see you didn't get it :roll:
Wereberess

Postby Wereberess » April 24th, 2010, 4:48 am

[quote="thanigraphics"]Pointing out little mistakes is very common in the fandom. These little mistakes even inspire people to create their own stories behind the movie. Like Beany tag Nuka, the wrongly coloured and very different drawn Nuka picture that was the label of a stuffed Nuka beany that looked like this: :beanytagnuka: Whole stories were told about him, some said he was the brother of Zira, or the father of Kovu, or Zira's dad, or Vitani's son or mate.
Well, anyways, what I'd like to know: how much time is there between the two crock shots? They are both from IJCWTBK right?[/quote]

Yeah they are!
PS: I just think the beanie Nuka was miscolorated. Kinda like how they once gave scar Simba's colors.
Wereberess

Postby Wereberess » April 24th, 2010, 4:50 am

[quote="Akril"]I remember people talking about the altered crocodiles back when TLK SE DVD was first released. According to this message board thread, the original crocodiles were changed because they looked too similar to a group of crocodiles featured in a painting by Michael Bedard (even though I honestly don't see much similarity between them at all).

There's an image of the original crocodiles on this page as well as several other differences between the DVD and VHS versions.[/quote]

Oh wow they don't...

Aand theres a duck in the middle XD

PS: HI AKRIL :D :D :D
Wereberess

Postby KiarasMate » April 24th, 2010, 4:55 am

Oh really? And what joke would that be, hmm?
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Postby Wereberess » April 24th, 2010, 4:58 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]Oh really? And what joke would that be, hmm?[/quote]

Read the attachment caption...
I jokingly implied the mistake on the cub was actually Mufasa
Wereberess

Postby KiarasMate » April 24th, 2010, 5:08 am

Um, okay, that still doesn't denote the fact that this thread was made to point out the minor flaws of the movie though, so I don't exactly see how you're basing your response on adding a simple joke into your overall argument. If it was just based upon a simple humorous statement, you wouldn't have included the bit about the crocadiles and your post wouldn't have been worded to lead someone to believe that you're trying to point out mistakes within the movie.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Next

Return to The Movies