Useless characters?

Useless characters?

Postby whitewolf17 » January 26th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Were some of the characters from the lion king not really needed in the sequel? Post your thoughts here.

I think that most of them were necessary to bring back but I don't know why they kept Zazu and Rafiki in the sequel.
The winner for last week's question is...NalaLionQueen. Congratulations!!

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

Winner and next question will be announced next Sunday.
whitewolf17

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

#1 Sonic fan

Pride Points: 0

Re: Useless characters?

Postby Schindler » January 27th, 2009, 12:22 am

Zazu was pretty useless, but people liked him in the first one, so Disney couldn't just take him out. And I don't think Rafiki was useless at all: we would have never seen Upendi without him :o!
Schindler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

soñando a estar vivo

Postby whitewolf17 » January 27th, 2009, 12:45 am

[quote="Schindler"]And I don't think Rafiki was useless at all: we would have never seen Upendi without him :o![/quote]

I feel like I'm kinda shooting myself in the foot by saying this but I didn't like Upendi. I'm not very much into romance which is the only part of the lion king I didn't care for. I mean, why is it in every disney movie there has to be some romance sub-plot?

I find Rafiki to be annoying and I always hate the characters in books or movies whose only purpose is to be a "match maker" for other characters.

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

Postby Schindler » January 27th, 2009, 12:53 am

Romance is what made me like Simba's Pride better than the first movie.
And , well, there are very few movies that don't have romance as a sub-plot. And since Simba's Pride is based on Romeo and Juliet, I guess it's not Rafiki's fault to take part as a couple-maker.
And remember that Rafiki didn't just want to get Kiara and Kovu together, he made it as he was told by Mufasa with the purpose to unify the prides.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby WildSimba » January 27th, 2009, 12:55 am

Rafiki's one of the most important characters! If it weren't for him, the pridelands would still of been ruled by scar.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby whitewolf17 » January 27th, 2009, 1:00 am

[quote="WildSimba"]Rafiki's one of the most important characters! If it weren't for him, the pridelands would still of been ruled by scar.[/quote]

I think the other characters like Simba and the hyenas had more of an impact on Scar.

whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

Postby Panda-chan » January 27th, 2009, 1:26 am

I think Zazu was pretty useless. He didn't really do anything. Sarabi and Sarafina would have also been useless which is why they probably weren't in the sequel.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Schindler » January 27th, 2009, 2:04 am

Sarabi and Sarafina were already useless in the first one.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby KingKivuli » January 27th, 2009, 2:41 am

i would have loved to have seen them 2 more and sarabi was not usless she was simbas mum a key player in any child returning home story
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby morri908 » January 27th, 2009, 2:49 am

*Stares Schindler down* SARABI ROCKS!!!!! How dare you say that? But seriously, i think the only useless charries are the ones that didn't even make it in the moviese... And Zazu.. he's pointless in the second one.. other then he save's Kovu's but.
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Movies