Useless characters?

Re: Useless characters?

Postby PrincessKiara » October 13th, 2010, 6:26 pm

[quote="Schindler"]Sarabi and Sarafina were already useless in the first one.[/quote]

Aside from the fact they gave birth to Simba and Nala, lol. ;)

Anyway.. I certainly wouldn`t mind if they cut Timon and Pumbaa out of the plot in SP. True, they were important to Simba in TLK, but in SP they are just pure irritating and useless. They`re only purpose is to frustrate the hell out of Kiara and bring "comedy" into the movie. Yeah I know they are comic relief characters, but overall I hate them in SP and wouldn`t be sad to see them gone.

Vitani doesn`t exactly do much, nor does Nuka. They just act as Ziras servants/sidekicks.. I think Vitani could have been cut out, but Nuka could be kept for comic relief. He`s more enjoyable than Timon and Pumbaa, plus hes actually a pretty complex character, even if he`s not directly useful or important in my opinion.

Zazu is quite useless in SP, sadly. But they couldn`t just remove him, he was such a good friend/servant of Mufasa, and Simba could always use advice from him and his birds-eye view of a situation.. He just didn`t do anything in SP worth remembering.

To sum up, in my opinion they could have cut out: Vitani and Timon and Pumbaa.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SilverSimba01 » October 14th, 2010, 12:07 am

Sarabi was there, but didn't do anything in the whole movie, well, except if she fought with the other lioness
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » November 5th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Zazu was pointless in the sequel.
LionKing4EVR96

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » January 28th, 2011, 2:25 am

[quote="Schindler"]Zazu was pretty useless, but people liked him in the first one, so Disney couldn't just take him out. And I don't think Rafiki was useless at all: we would have never seen Upendi without him :o![/quote]
This ^
SummerSnowLeopard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Biomac » March 13th, 2012, 3:34 am

I personally thinks that Nuka is the most useless character in the movie. He's just jealous and complains about Kovu during the entire movie to his death :roll:

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Amy43 » March 15th, 2012, 6:30 pm

I don't think Rafiki is useless because he was important in both movies for presenting new cubs.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Amy43

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 4

Postby Regulus » March 15th, 2012, 6:33 pm

All the characters in SP were useless except for Zira, Simba, Kiara, and Kovu.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Farren » March 16th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Zazu, for sure! He was annoying in the first movie but he played an important role in several scenes. In SP he doesn't really do anything worthwhile. Timon and Pumbaa also really annoyed me in SP, even though I enjoyed them in the first movie

It would have been nice to see Sarabi make an appearance in SP, they could have had a cute scene with Kiara and her granma :dreamy:
Farren

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby Noah » March 16th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Apologies to anyone who likes her, but I never found Vitani to be of any value to the story. She's basically there as a thing for Nuka to talk with (and don't even get me started on him) ;)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » March 16th, 2012, 6:41 pm

^ But wasn't Vitani the first outsider to switch sides in the ending battle? So really, she was the first one to admit that Zira was wrong, and therefore directly lead to the outsider's total defection.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies