Useless characters?

Re: Useless characters?

Postby Yatima » May 19th, 2009, 10:20 pm

I think no character was useless...
Every Character has a reason to be there and have a special roll in the film.
MLKFAA Gallery:

TLKFAA: Yatima
Furaffinity: Yvie-Chan
deviantArt: Yvie-Chan
Yatima

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Forum Liger

Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » May 20th, 2009, 12:00 pm

"Nala was basically portrayed as a careless mother"

What do you mean? When is Nala careless? :o
I think Nala is simply more relaxed and confident in Kiara than Simba is.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby CheetahCat » May 24th, 2009, 11:55 pm

All of the characters in the Lion King film served a purpose. Each one had their own individual role throughout the film that associates the story. :)

For instance, Timon and Pumbaa. They were the ones that raised Cubby Simba through Adulthood. Sarabi, she was the mother of Simba and even though we hardly seen her, she's the one that stood up against Scar, most likely giving all of the other lionesses courage to stand up against him. ^^ You have to acknowledge how brave she truly was.

Zazu, he's the one that kept things smooth for the cubbies. He keeps a eye out on them and reports if there's any dangerous outsiders coming into the Pride Lands. He's one of the key figures that keep the lands safe. Without him, most of the attacks the Outlanders can do will end up in a surprise. >.>

Rafiki, he's the wise baboon or an shaman if you like lol. He was the one who guided Simba back on the path he was meant to follow.

The hyenas were an important aspect for Scar's little group he had going. ^^ Without them, Scar wouldn't be able to start the stampede that he wanted, his plan would've most likely backfired at that point and he'll have to come up with some other brilliant mastermind. Also, the hyenas were the ones that finished Scar off at the end of the film. >.>

Mufasa. lol, no explaination here. >.> We all know how important he is.

Nala... Boy... She is definitely one of the key figures in the first film. She done everything with Simba, got in trouble with Simba and done everything with him. Heck, mid-way through the film, she was the one out of her entire pride to seek help from Scar's devious ruling. ^^ With the whole careless mother thing, Nala is indeed a great mother. I'm most likely sure she helped raise Kiara up to adulthood and kept her well nurished. There's no possible way Simba could've raised Kiara by himself. :)

Simba... No explaining here. >.>

Kiara, she was important in TLK2SP, mainly because she wanted everything in peace. Even though there was another pride that wanted the Pride Lands for themselves, Kiara knew that they were one, regardless of what they looked like. At the end of the film, you can clearly see that Kiara turned the tables during the fight, she managed to bring peace for everyone.

Kovu, he was a big role in TLK2SP, mainly because he was the bad lion growing up but overtime, he knew the things he was suppose to do were wrong. In the end, he fell in love with Kiara and saught good. We all can clearly see how much he changed and was willing to stop his mother from hurting Simba & Kiara. ;)

Zira, we all know how much of a big role she played. lol. ^^

Well, that pretty much sums up my opinion on things. ^^
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby Mike » May 29th, 2009, 12:35 am

Nuka was the needed death of the movie to keep it serious, and Vitani was Kovu's trusted sister, and the wisest of the outlanders ^.^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 23rd, 2009, 4:55 pm

[quote="whitewolf17"][quote="Schindler"]And I don't think Rafiki was useless at all: we would have never seen Upendi without him :o![/quote]

I feel like I'm kinda shooting myself in the foot by saying this but I didn't like Upendi. I'm not very much into romance which is the only part of the lion king I didn't care for. I mean, why is it in every disney movie there has to be some romance sub-plot?

I find Rafiki to be annoying and I always hate the characters in books or movies whose only purpose is to be a "match maker" for other characters.[/quote]

Rafiki had to make them fall in love or Kovu would kill Simba and take over the Pridelands. So he wasn't useless.

Let's see... I'd say... None. Everyone has a special role in the film.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Tanabi » July 23rd, 2009, 7:03 pm

[quote="Kopa23"][quote="whitewolf17"][quote="Schindler"]And I don't think Rafiki was useless at all: we would have never seen Upendi without him :o![/quote]

I feel like I'm kinda shooting myself in the foot by saying this but I didn't like Upendi. I'm not very much into romance which is the only part of the lion king I didn't care for. I mean, why is it in every disney movie there has to be some romance sub-plot?

I find Rafiki to be annoying and I always hate the characters in books or movies whose only purpose is to be a "match maker" for other characters.[/quote]

Rafiki had to make them fall in love or Kovu would kill Simba and take over the Pridelands. So he wasn't useless.

Let's see... I'd say... None. Everyone has a special role in the film.[/quote]

Yes thank you, you deserve one of my theoretical awards! :)

Why is this still going on? Because from what I've noticed from a good amount of people is that this is turning from a discussion about who wasn't needed to one that addresses hate towards those characters (read some of the past posts).
But none the less I think we should just end it and let opinions be opinions (and before we get mad at each other)
The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off.
Tanabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember who you are.

Pride Points: 0

Postby Simba » July 23rd, 2009, 9:00 pm

yeah, I can't possibly see how anyone was useless. Nala and Vitani had very important, though often overlooked, roles in TLK2. but I agree with Tanabi that no one was useless.....not even the mouse, chameleon, or beetle. Disney cuts useless or excess charries before the final film, so that proves they're all there for a reason.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby CommandoTheLion » August 9th, 2009, 5:05 am

Hmm i think Zazu was cool^^ he was funny
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Postby Mike » August 9th, 2009, 5:25 am

woot ^.^ another person who appreciates Zazu lol
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby CommandoTheLion » August 9th, 2009, 5:51 am

yeah he's a messenger bird he gets messages to the place where they need to go and he's safe in the air well semi safe unless the bad guys have a Anti Aircraft Guns
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies