Useless characters?

Re: Useless characters?

Postby Schindler » March 13th, 2009, 1:29 am

As I said (and had said before) Sarabi is an important figure, the protagonist's mom that complements his world, but as a character she is not useful, at least not much.
Schindler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

soñando a estar vivo

Pride Points: 0

Postby morri908 » March 13th, 2009, 1:38 am

good point.. hehehe... and nuka is pretty useless anyways.. (lol.. what good does he do? other then set a fire.. that he almost traps himself in... had he not had super powers... he wouldn't have gotten out)
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Postby whitewolf17 » March 14th, 2009, 12:21 am

[quote="morri908"]good point.. hehehe... and nuka is pretty useless anyways.. (lol.. what good does he do? other then set a fire.. that he almost traps himself in... had he not had super powers... he wouldn't have gotten out)[/quote]

Nuka was pretty important 'cause his death was probably the last straw for Zira and only made her want to kill Simba more. His death was really important and he's just one of those characters that becomes important through things like death.
The winner for last week's question is...NalaLionQueen. Congratulations!!

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

Winner and next question will be announced next Sunday.
whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

Postby Tanabi » March 14th, 2009, 12:36 am

Ugh, I thought we were done with this subject already!

Reasons why Sarabi was useful: She was the one who gave the other lionesses hope when Scar was king (just a guess but it seems that she'd do something like that). If she didn't make Zazu go with Simba and Nala they would have gotten killed by the Hyenas because Zazu warned Mufasa. She gave Simba life.

Reasons Nuka was useful: He basicly let Kovu go on his own (weather or not Kovu was lying when he said he went of on his own to defend his brother Nuka still didn't go after him.) and if he didn't do that then Kovu wouldn't have met Kiara (at least not how you'd think *cough* in battle *cough*). As Whitewolf said and I quote 'Nuka was pretty important 'cause his death was probably the last straw for Zira and only made her want to kill Simba more.' unquote.

CAN WE ALL STOP THIS?! there are no unimportant characters, every lion/lioness was needed at some point and had something to do with the story. And if you carefully look at each character as his/her own then take him/her away from the story see just how things would have turned out.
The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off.
Tanabi

Remember who you are.

Postby Schindler » March 14th, 2009, 12:37 am

Nah, Zira would have still done what she did if Nuka hadn't died, cause Kovu practically refused to help her.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby Fang » March 14th, 2009, 6:11 am

*snarls and fur along spine rises* Nuka is not useless! He helped Kovu met Kiara, he informed us the hyinas left, without him Vitani probably wouldnt have turned against her mother, plus his death WAS the last straw for Zira! If anyone else says Nuka is useless I will turn you into crows food! (not really XD)

also...I think we should have a Nuka emotion con thingie! :innocent:
Fang

Speak softly, but carry a big stick

Postby Schindler » March 14th, 2009, 11:25 pm

Kovu would have met Kiara without Nuka in his life, and it would have been easier.
If you're gonna think of usefulness as presenting any kind of idea ("Sarabi gave hope to everyone!", "all the lionesses are very useful cause they show how Simba's pride was glorious!", "that unknown hyena that laughs before eating Scar is very useful since it showed the hyenas' malice") then yeah, they are all useful.
But the point here is making a discussion, a debate. And I think usefulness is defined mainly by facts, I'm not saying they're all useless for not taking part in the main events, but I'm talking about facts here. Sarabi never did much, neither did Nuka.
Last edited by Schindler on March 14th, 2009, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby morri908 » March 14th, 2009, 11:28 pm

... Sarabi isn't useless.. cuz i says she's not useless... lol...
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Postby NightmareMoon » March 17th, 2009, 7:25 am

I'm not sure the point of this post was to say that Nuka was unimportant in TLK2, because everyone knows that Nuka had a major effect on the plot line of TLK2, like it or not. You guys have basically said why so I'm just going to leave it at that.

But the main point I see here are the minor characters. Zazu in TLK2 for example... what does he really do? I see no significance in the role he played in TLK2, any other character could have easily said his 2 lines. Nala was basically portrayed as a careless mother and unobservant as well which kind of ticked me off. But I still think TLK2:SP is the better of the two movies. =)
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby KiarasMate » May 17th, 2009, 8:29 am

lol, well, without truly showing my distaste for Zazu, I will simply say that he was definitely not needed for TLK2SP to be what it is now. ^^ Rafiki on the other paw, did play quite a big role in TLK2SP, since he was the one who spoke with Mufasa about the plan to bring Kovu and Kiara together, as well as helping to ensure that Kovu made it into Simba's Pride after the Fire Rescue. then, he goes on to show Kiara and Kovu what love was, which I guess means eating passion fruit while drifting in a leaf boat down a river that ends off a cliff that goes nowhere. >.> Either way, he definitely would have been missed if he wasn't in the sequel. ^^ Now, I would have loved to see more Sarabi and Sarafina though, with actual spoken dialect, since I know a lot of people tell me that they ARE in the movie, they just don't really point them out directly. I'm still unsure of this fact, but I don't deny it either. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies