Useless characters?

Re: Useless characters?

Postby Lauren » October 6th, 2010, 4:08 am

[quote="Amanda"]The story mostly revolved around Kiara, Kovu, Simba, and Zira. Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, Zazu... all completely useless to the plot. I guess Disney just wanted them there to appeal to the TLK fans of the earlier film :/ Rafiki and Mufasa hardly served a purpose either.. I mean, they did show Kiara and Kovu Upendi, but it was kind of an unnecessary part of the movie anyway lol. I suppose Nuka and Vitani were important too, but they were mostly secondary to the four main characters I mentioned earlier. :P That's my take on it anyway.[/quote]

I disagree with you about Mufasa being useless. He was the one that thought of the whole plan about bringing Kiara and Kovu together in order to end the fueds between their families. Mufasa's like god up there and god can make anything happen with trust and believement.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 6th, 2010, 4:28 am

True TPAM, he just needed a crazy monkey and a pair of love struck teenagers to get his will done.....
TheRoguePrince

Postby Lauren » October 6th, 2010, 4:36 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]True TPAM, he just needed a crazy monkey and a pair of love struck teenagers to get his will done.....[/quote]

Yep! You got my point right. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 6th, 2010, 4:37 am

yes, yes I did, if only Simba had seen this sooner, better for everyone....
TheRoguePrince

Postby SilverSimba01 » October 6th, 2010, 9:00 pm

I think that the characters that were useless in this movie were Timon and Pumbaa
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 6th, 2010, 9:16 pm

And how do you find Zazu a useful character exactly? He doesn't accomplish anything....
TheRoguePrince

Postby rich198 » October 6th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Zazu brings a bit of humour into the film. But He isn't needed its just nice to have him thier I think
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Thanks go to Natiliethelionqueen for the siggy
rich198

thanks go to SC for the avvie

Nickname(s): forest, allen, the one-eyebrowed lion
Pride Points: 3

Postby Lauren » October 7th, 2010, 1:27 am

[quote="rich198"]Zazu brings a bit of humour into the film. But He isn't needed its just nice to have him thier I think[/quote]

I guess you can say that. I also felt that Zazu wasn't really needed in SP.
Lauren

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 7th, 2010, 2:59 am

He is more or less there because there is no excuse to make him dissapear...
TheRoguePrince

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 8th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Also, about that ''Sarafina was in SP'' statement..

(By Nadra)

They couldn't have made her THAT different.. seriously, Nala just aged, but Sarafina couldn't have changed that dramatically and be that old to see her granddaughter all grown up..

/off topic

Well, I think they shouldn't have made SP anyways. I can't imagine Simba being a father, and SP totally killed that skinny, wise lion we see in TLK and turned it into a fatbum, stubborn and selfish lion we see in SP..

And I still think Nala was useless, since she didn't do anything to change the storyline. Rafiki would have gone to the jungle anyways. The only reason they put her in was for some stupid romance. I don't even like Can You Feel The Love Tonight, Love Will Find a Way was better IMHO. :/
KopsTheTerminator

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies