Who's the monkey?

Re: Who's the monkey?

Postby Tora » May 27th, 2012, 4:47 am

Well it does seem to stray away from Lion King 1, but when I saw Lion King 1½ I don't remember Rafiki ever telling his name to Timon, and maybe Timon was trying to figure out if Nala knew who Rafiki was in connection with Nala; that maybe Nala knew who Rafiki was. Then again the explanation of who Scar was and why Simba had to challenge him was way off in Lion King 1½. What I don't get is why so many so called sequels to a movie (not necessarily to The Lion King but to all movies) never follow the first one completely. :ugh:
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » May 28th, 2012, 8:45 am

[quote="Tora"]Well it does seem to stray away from Lion King 1, but when I saw Lion King 1½ I don't remember Rafiki ever telling his name to Timon, and maybe Timon was trying to figure out if Nala knew who Rafiki was in connection with Nala; that maybe Nala knew who Rafiki was. Then again the explanation of who Scar was and why Simba had to challenge him was way off in Lion King 1½. What I don't get is why so many so called sequels to a movie (not necessarily to The Lion King but to all movies) never follow the first one completely. :ugh:[/quote]
soooo true
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby WindAnnWise » May 31st, 2012, 4:19 pm

Completly true. Maybe in canon, Timon had never met Rafiki before.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Timon the great » November 6th, 2012, 4:08 am

Actually, it's clear that in both TLK 1 and 1.5/3 films, Rafiki never told Timon his name. But he does mention it to Simba in TLK 1.

So no. Timon doesn't have memory issues. Even I, would've been confused the same way Mr. Berkowitz was when he asked: "Who was that strange monkey?"
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby TheLionPrince » November 6th, 2012, 5:00 am

Another thing I noticed just today...

In the original movie, Nala asks Timon if he had seen Simba since last night, in which Timon replies, "I thought he was with you".

However, in TLK1½, Timon sees Simba leaving Nala. He even says, "Haha! We won! We split them up!" In TLK1½ logic, Timon knows Simba wasn't with Nala after their argument so it outright contradicts the first movie.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Previous

Return to The Movies