Could be.
35%
Nope.
15%

Total votes : 48

Did Zira really die?

Postby Wereberess » April 29th, 2010, 2:22 am

http://simbamarasa.deviantart.com/art/W ... -114147312

Comic got me thinking. I know it was meant to be funny (So was TLK 1/2 but you guys seem to take it very seriously) but wether Simbamarasa realizes it or not she made a good point. Especially the "Who do you think taught Kovu how to swim" part.

Kovu swam while dragging Kiara but as a cub when he fell in the water he didn't seem to be swimming but grabbing onto the nearest branch in the water and pull himself up to get way from the crocs.

Some will argue she was being his by logs at high speed but that last for how long...3 seconds before the river calmed down?

Too bad that wasn't Kiara falling in that river...
*sigh* :sad:
Click meh eggs plz! :D
thx! :D
Wereberess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Did Zira really die?

Postby KiarasMate » April 29th, 2010, 2:30 am

I don't believe that Zira died from falling into the river. Unlike the ending of TLK with Scar being closed in by all the hyenas and the fire consuming them, I think it's quite possible that Zira could have survived. Neither ending showed a corpse of course, although these being Disney Films, that is to be expected, although just simply comparing the two endings, I feel as though Zira would have a better chance of survival.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 29th, 2010, 2:56 am

I dunno... Even without logs, a fall into water from that height would most likely be deadly. Hitting the water that hard is a very powerful force.

Also, not to nit-pick, but I feel that comment about Kiara is unnecessary. Lots of people like her, so please don't dis the characters.

Anyway, Zira most likely died, or was badly injured to the point where she couldn't swim. That's my opinion, especially since her death is strongly implied ;)

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby QueenRalexia » April 29th, 2010, 3:11 am

I think she most likely died from the impact of the fall, plus the logs and the rushing water.
But there is a slight chance she could have survived.
Do you bury me when Im gone?
Do you teach me while Im here?
Just as soon as I belong then its time I disappear -Metallica I disappear

ImageImage
Come visit my website about Vitani http://vitanis-palace.webs.com
Stamp and Sig by me.
QueenRalexia
Forsaken Lioness

To Hell and back again.

Nickname(s): QR, Ral,Lexi
Pride Points: 3

Postby Mike » April 29th, 2010, 4:32 pm

I believe that Zira did drown in the flood. You brought up the fact that the river seemingly raged for only a few seconds, but apparent time in a film can be deceptive as we know. Also, the water may have calmed down near the battleground, but Zira was dragged away with the full force of the water, and she'd be battered around by it for a great distance. I don't think she could have survived that.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby PrincessKiara » April 29th, 2010, 11:04 pm

I think she died, yes. I felt it was strongly implied in the movie, eventhough we naturally don’t see her lifeless body floating on the current.

She must have been hurt by the fall alone, and the rushing water would have an immense force. She would probably be thrashed around and beaten against the logs.. Plus, I don’t think Disney has ever made a movie where the villain survives in a scene like this.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby YFWE » April 30th, 2010, 2:45 am

I tend to lean toward her having died, but I think the possibility for her surviving does exist.

The fact that it could be debated is a very convenient notion for fanfic writers, I think.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Mike » April 30th, 2010, 4:02 am

and also for RPers ^.^ Good point though PK, I can't remember a vilain surviving something like that. Look at everything from the evil Queen of Snow White to Gaston of Beauty and the Beast. We don't see a corpse, but it's understood by the audience anyway.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Shiba » April 30th, 2010, 4:31 am

Hmm...In my opinion, no. But if there were rocks at the bottom of the lake, or if it was a really shallow river, then I think Zira would've died. ^^
But there is a chance that she drowned. I think that's possible too, since there were logs and everything in the rapids. Oh well, we'll never know. Not unless they release a TLK 3, which is quite irrational to say...But that's a completeley different subject. :)
Last edited by Shiba on April 30th, 2010, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shiba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The ONLY Shiba.

Pride Points: 0

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 30th, 2010, 4:36 am

Wouldn't rocks make her death [i]more[\i] likely? O.o

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Next

Return to The Movies