Why do you love The Lion King?

Why do you love The Lion King?

Postby SimbaandShenzifan » June 12th, 2009, 4:58 am

Just as the title asks. Everyone here that has joined obviously like or love the lion king. 8-)

So what about it made you like/love it? :macho: :D :) :lol: 8-) :innocent: :goodnight: :evil: :salute: :luau: :hmm: :happy2:
Mood:Image

Keeper of :shenzismile:Image

Mood Button: Simbadaholic
Keeper Buttons: Moka and Simba
SimbaandShenzifan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Why do you love The Lion King?

Postby Mike » June 12th, 2009, 6:21 am

So many things that come together to make a brilliant and memorable film :)

The storyline itself is very dramatic and appealing

The characters are just brilliantly done, in their art, but especially their voices. (JEJ and Jeremy Irons especially <3)

The comedy is amazing for a disney film! It's not just captain hook getting chased by an alligator, or a pointless fall where dishes and stuff come crashing down, it's actual jokes with adult layers to them. =)

The animation is very impressive, and beautiful

Bu the lasting impression for me comes from the music :) There are <very> few disney songs with the same power and energy as any song in TLK, and TLK has a stunning five plus instrumental music. That's definitely what sets it apart from all other movies in my opinion <3
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby DarkLiger » June 12th, 2009, 8:14 am

When i saw it as a kid, I just loved the movie and i still love it because its one of the best storylines Disney ever made :D
I loved the songs "This Land" and "Under the Stars." At points in the movie it seemed so peaceful comparing to the horrors of the real world.
Image<-Made by SimbaImage<- Made by TeenSimba
Image<-Made by Simba
Image<- Made by TeenSimba
DarkLiger

Pride Points: 0

Postby CheetahCat » June 12th, 2009, 9:01 am

There's many reasons why I loved the Lion King. :)

The main reason is that I've been fond of lions my entire life and when TLK first came out in theaters, I had to go and see it! I knew from the start I will fall in love with the movie, I'm just amazed how well Disney pulled off with this magnificent film! The plot, characters and music scores speak a lot for this film! To me, this has to be the BEST Disney film by date. hehe. I absolutely love TLK so much and over the years, I try to express my love for the film by doing numerous of things. The main thing I've done with TLK is graphical stuff like... Wallpapers, Layouts, Avatars and Signatures. ^^ Recently though, I've been making TLK AMVs to showcase my love for the film as well. I've been making Lion King AMVs for about two years now. ^^

Everything about TLK is so terrific!
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby SimbasMate » June 12th, 2009, 9:55 pm

I really love The Lion King because it relates to my life a lot, for personal reasons. But when I first saw this magnicifent movie, I was a little cubby about five or three years old I think. I instantly fell in love with Simba! All the characters have great personalities, and they have some things in common, but they're all very diffrent. When ever I felt sad, I'd just go cry and turn on The Lion King, which was the only thing that made me feel better. The comedy was really funny, and unuiqe. I also liked all the details they used in the scenery. The character design was very cool too.

I absolutely LOVE everyting about The Lion King! :)
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Yatima » June 13th, 2009, 12:15 am

There are many reasons for...
But its hard to explain whit my bad english...

so the main facts are that I love Animals and I LOVE (!!!) the true emotions in the film.
MLKFAA Gallery:

TLKFAA: Yatima
Furaffinity: Yvie-Chan
deviantArt: Yvie-Chan
Yatima

Forum Liger

Postby ScaЯ » June 13th, 2009, 3:02 am

Oh my gosh, I don't know...I just do, I guess. :lol:
"Doing something shouldn't be as easy as just telling your butler or caddy to do it, you gotta earn it."~Dan, Dan Vs.
ScaЯ
ScarKrueger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

-JERK-

Nickname(s): ScarKrueger

Postby Moka » June 13th, 2009, 4:33 am

I love The Lion King because it is truly a movie with timeless themes. Love, Friendship, Betrayal, Redemption. It has a classic story of the enemy from within. I think the creation of this site is a tribute to it. I love the movie and it will never get old for me. ^^
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Julia » July 10th, 2009, 10:43 pm

I love everything about the movie, it was just so well done. The storyline is just perfect, and I actually read that it's the first Disney movie to not be based on another story. I know that it was influenced by Hamlet, but I don't recall that it was based on it. That's what Wikipedia said, anyway. And, the themes and emotions are so realistic and apply to everyone's life. The animation is breathtaking, the characters have great personalities and the voices were great choices, and the music is unforgettable. Those songs still get stuck in my head, my favorite is Elton John's version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" in the ending credits and "I Just Can't Wait to Be King".

I could go on and on, but in a word, the movie is "flawless". 8-)

Siggy made by VampireSimba...Thank you!
Julia

~Fan For 15 Years and More to Come~

Pride Points: 0

Postby NightyByeSparrow » July 10th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Obviously, a lot of stuff ^^

Firstly, as I started to watch the movie when I was a toddler, it was a great way for me to just..have fun watching a great movie. As I got older, I realized what TLK had said; try to let go of the past. For me, it's still I lesson I by far need :oops: .
Secondly, it increased my love of cats, big and small.
Thirdly, I loved the drawings and animations. :)
Fourthly; AMAZINGLY AMAZING MUSIC! :D
Fifthly...well, it's just awesome. :)
NightyByeSparrow

Nickname(s): Sparrow
Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Movies