Ziras reaction to Nala

Ziras reaction to Nala

Postby PrincessKiara » December 9th, 2012, 9:45 pm

We all know the scene where Simba and Zira interrupt the cubs (Kovu and Kiaras) play. Zira seems oddly excited to see Simba, and he appears angry. However, when Zira notices Nala, her reaction is completly different, and Nala gives the older lioness a look of pure contempt. What do you suppose is the backstory there?

Just throwing a theory out there: As we know, Zira believes that Simba killed Scar. A theory: Zira, stricken with grief, attacks Simba and tries to kill him. (This might be how she got her scar) Nala, along with the other lionesses, defends her mate. Perhaps some other lionesses tried to defend Zira too, and they all got banished for this.

Also, the line about the Outlanders being murderous and backstabbing.. "You can`t turn your back on them." - Seems to me they`re referring to something pretty serious.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Ziras reaction to Nala

Postby TheLionPrince » December 9th, 2012, 10:33 pm

Well, there was an interesting fan-art theory that Zira and Nala got into a fight after Zira was exiled made by JaquiChaun from TLK Fan-Art Archive. Note that it explains how Nala's eyes changed color, and why a chunk of Zira's ear is missing.

The reason for hostility between Zira and Nala is unclear because Zira's backstory prior during the first movie's events is unclear. Director Darrell Rooney stated in a comment that Zira's relationship with Scar "was obscured" purposedly. Here's the link to the comment if you want to read it: http://werebereus.deviantart.com/art/Zi ... -287763490

This is just another case in this movie in which this has to be explained by fanfiction. Hence the fan-art above.^^
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby ScarsLove » December 10th, 2012, 7:09 am

Wow, I think I just fell in love with this new theory. It's fantastic!

I personally like to think that Nala looks at Zira with contempt is because she killed Kopa. ( Yes, I'm a big fan of this theory. )

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby KentuckyWildcat » December 11th, 2012, 2:46 am

I hadn't ever thought too much about the complete backstory of Zira's banishment (other than the fact that it I'm adamant about it not involving Kopa). The theory that she would have attacked Simba, Nala, or both makes a lot of sense though. I really like that theory.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby Akril » December 11th, 2012, 6:43 pm

If Zira, Nala and the Outsiders were living together in the Pride Lands, their less enraged reaction to seeing each other could be interpreted as an "Oh...it's you again" kind of thing. Their anger towards each other would have consequently been a lot more subdued than, say, the anger between Zira and Simba. Their first encounter couldn't have been a pleasant one, since it would probably have happened shortly after Scar's death: Zira would have seen Simba as the murderer of the lion she practically worshiped, and Simba would have seen her as an ally of the lion who had killed his father and turned his homeland into a wasteland. They would have every reason to be much more hostile towards each other than Nala and Zira. (In my personal fanon, I've speculated that Zira and the Outsiders might have tried to kill Simba upon learning of Scar's demise, hence Zazu's "murderous" line and their exile.) EDIT: Whoops -- somehow I didn't notice that the exact same thing was said in the original post. My bad.

(I've also seen that comic before, and though it is very well-drawn, that last page has puzzled me a little, since Nala obviously isn't blind in SP (e.g., looking over her shoulder at Simba right before his talk with Kiara and acknowledging the gesture he makes, saying "I can see them down there just as well as you can" to Simba when Kiara and Kovu are nuzzling each other). Simba and Nala also seem a lot jerkier than usual, apparently just to make Zira and the Outsiders more pitiable.)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby SophieCub » December 11th, 2012, 6:53 pm

I love that theory and I like how the artist showed how she thought Nala's eye colour changed. Very clever in my opinion. ^^
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby TheLionPrince » December 11th, 2012, 6:55 pm

[quote="Akril"](I've also seen that comic before, and though it is very well-drawn, that last page has puzzled me a little, since Nala obviously isn't blind in SP (e.g., looking over her shoulder at Simba right before his talk with Kiara and acknowledging the gesture he makes, saying "I can see them down there just as well as you can" to Simba when Kiara and Kovu are nuzzling each other). Simba and Nala also seem a lot jerkier than usual, apparently just to make Zira and the Outsiders more pitiable.)[/quote]

Yeah, that puzzled me too! I think Nala is just referring that the iris in her eyes have changed colors so she has troubling seeing through them for now.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MrTitans » December 12th, 2012, 2:31 am

That is a good possible theory, but there are many theories like Scar and Nala were together then he exiled her for giving birth to Vitani, many good theories out there. This one is pretty good.

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby PrincessKiara » December 12th, 2012, 10:19 am

[quote="KentuckyWildcat"]I hadn't ever thought too much about the complete backstory of Zira's banishment (other than the fact that it I'm adamant about it not involving Kopa). The theory that she would have attacked Simba, Nala, or both makes a lot of sense though. I really like that theory.[/quote]

Thanks! I know there are tons of fan theories about Zira killing Kopa, and although I very much enjoy the 6NA books, I like to look at the movies as canon (ignoring the Hakuna Matata one) and the books as AU. ;)

[quote="Akril"]If Zira, Nala and the Outsiders were living together in the Pride Lands, their less enraged reaction to seeing each other could be interpreted as an "Oh...it's you again" kind of thing. Their anger towards each other would have consequently been a lot more subdued than, say, the anger between Zira and Simba. Their first encounter couldn't have been a pleasant one, since it would probably have happened shortly after Scar's death: Zira would have seen Simba as the murderer of the lion she practically worshiped, and Simba would have seen her as an ally of the lion who had killed his father and turned his homeland into a wasteland. They would have every reason to be much more hostile towards each other than Nala and Zira.[/quote]

That makes sense.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Ananda » March 25th, 2013, 8:31 pm

They're enemies + females, so..
Ananda

Pride Points: 0

Return to The Movies