Do you think TLK is the best movie of Disney?

Do you think TLK is the best movie of Disney?

Postby dragonredvn1 » October 16th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Hello everyone,I'm live in VietNam and a one biggest fan of TLK, but you know not many fan TLK and Disney in VietNam.It's so disappointed :sad: then I was find this website by google and I felt so happy :D . now I can meet everyone who love Lion King same just like me and talking about Lion King, :D
So do you think The Lion King is the best movie? and why you love it? 8-)
P/s: Sorry if my bad English because I'm still learning ;) and I'll tell about myself later :)
dragonredvn1
Ahadi Ginsei

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember Who you are

Nickname(s): Sim, Zen, Ahi
Pride Points: 2

Re: Do you think TLK is the best movie of Disney?

Postby Carl » October 16th, 2012, 2:29 pm

To me, TLK is probably not the best Disney movie, though it is pretty close. I would have to sit and contemplate for a very long time to figure out which is the best. The Lion King is a very well told story, the animation is great, and the characters are believable. Each character has strengths and weaknesses, and each plays a vital role in the story. The movie contains many life lessons that remain true every time the film is rewatched. Not to mention the powerful score- the music is a big part of what makes TLK as touching and powerful a movie as it is. Also I'll admit, another reason I love it is simply because I love animals, and any "human" story that can be told so well through the use of animals in a completely non-human environment deserves its recognition and love.
Last edited by Carl on December 23rd, 2012, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby AdAstrα » October 16th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Hi there! Welcome to MLK, in case I missed your introduction post. Don't worry about the English, because frankly, this is the best place to learn & improve. Spend some time with the MLK crew and you'll be fluent in no time. I seem to recall there being a topic similar to this but if there is, it's probably dead...so why not.

As for your question...I think you'll find that people have very different opinions on this. It's a matter of taste & preference. I myself have seen not all, but most other Disney films, and comparing them I can definitely say that personally, I think The Lion King is the best, along with another favourite of mine which is The Hunchback of Notre Dame. These are the two Disney classics I loved most as a child, and to this day I think they have a certain something that most others lack (putting aside my nostalgic feelings towards them, of course). I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly...probably a combination of things. It's just the way they are made. They also have incredible depth to them, which I, being a sucker for all things dramatic and romantic, really appreciate. What I mainly want from watching a film is to be moved, and the majority of films (animated or not) fail to do exactly that, however entertaining they may be. TLK and HoND both have this emotional depth that I look for in a film. Not to mention that they are visually stunning with amazing soundtracks and brilliant voice actors.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby FlipMode » October 20th, 2012, 12:27 am

[quote="dragonredvn1"]
P/s: Sorry if my bad English because I'm still learning ;) and I'll tell about myself later :)[/quote]
Good so far. Keep it up ^^

And no I do not think it is the best Disney movie, but it is probably their biggest actual achievement and their most successful.
I still think there are better lesser rated ones though, I really think Aladdin is their best film (controversy aside)
Edit - to make it clear I still think TLK is a fantastic film in general! When I say there are better films, I mean, they are only JUST better by a tiny fraction.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » October 20th, 2012, 1:50 am

Welcome aboard and great job on the English!

As a kid, I loved it religiously. As an adult, it's still one of my favorites. I would say it's in the top FIVE. My other favorites being Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Mulann. It is subjective. For all its beauty, it does have its flaws (it's too short!)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » October 20th, 2012, 2:03 am

I do think that The Lion King is the best Disney movie. I like to credit the underdog mindset the Lion King went through during its initial production - when the plot and everything were still being developed, people on the TLK team would find excuses to move over to the Big Movie - Pocahontas. So those who stayed with The Lion King were either very passionate about it or couldn't move away.

But it also means that The Lion King took risks and did not try to limit itself in order to be the Big Disney Movie, which I think ironically made it be that move. Mufasa's death, Simba being blamed for it, and just all of these elements in The Lion King, you simply don't see in other Disney movies. So for me, The Lion King truly sets itself apart for me as the best movie ever made by Disney.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Lauren » October 20th, 2012, 2:26 am

To me, I feel The Lion King is the best Disney movie. There's just so much into it that I can't stop loving. <3 :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kopalover » October 20th, 2012, 2:48 am

It by far, is the best Disney movie made. To add to Flip's statements... They also had a hurricane, and some people on the film couldn't get to work, so they simply worked in their garage or at home.
Honestly, with the love and passion put into this movie, and the things that went on, they made the perfect movie while doing so.
So much time and effort put into the perfect movie.
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby dragonredvn1 » October 20th, 2012, 4:00 am

Thanks everyone :smile:
dragonredvn1
Ahadi Ginsei

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember Who you are

Nickname(s): Sim, Zen, Ahi
Pride Points: 2

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » October 20th, 2012, 6:19 am

[quote="Kopalover"]It by far, is the best Disney movie made. To add to Flip's statements... They also had a hurricane, and some people on the film couldn't get to work, so they simply worked in their garage or at home.
Honestly, with the love and passion put into this movie, and the things that went on, they made the perfect movie while doing so.
So much time and effort put into the perfect movie.[/quote]

Oh dear.

Earthquakes only exist in the Gulf region, my dear. What we have on the West coast are called EARTHQUAKES.

:lol:
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Next

Return to The Movies