Why a movie about Timon and Pumbaa not Scar or Sarabi etc??

Re: Why a movie about Timon and Pumbaa not Scar or Sarabi et

Postby HellmotherEva » June 30th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Because it's still a movie for children and children (and I xD) love Timon and Pumbaa :3
HellmotherEva
I'm a greedy hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hate me, I don't want to argue

Nickname(s): Eva
Pride Points: 4

Postby Khanu » September 3rd, 2012, 7:57 pm

I know my little cousins love Timon and Pumbaa more than the feline characters. I guess that's because they are more funny. The same goes for the hyenas. I would guess they did marketing and testing and found that people would go see a Timon/Pumbaa movie than a Simba/Sarabi movie (Disney is a corporation after all, and their goal is to make money, not movies)
Me: show

True Love: show
Khanu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Uncle Kuna, Kuny, KunaTuna
Pride Points: 25

Postby Lauren » November 4th, 2012, 9:56 pm

I guess that a lot of the fans really loved T&P. :nehneh: I wish that the third TLK movie would have been a sequel that dealt with Kiara and Kovu's future as the new king and queen, Simba and Nala becoming grandparents to Kiara's kid(s) or a prequel about Mufasa, Scar, and Sarabi's childhood. That would have been so much more interesting to see. I also would have found it to be more interesting to see Simba and Nala as grandparents. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ScarsLove » November 5th, 2012, 1:10 am

[quote="SimbaObsesser"]I guess that a lot of the fans really loved T&P. :nehneh: I wish that the third TLK movie would have been a sequel that dealt with Kiara and Kovu's future as the new king and queen, Simba and Nala becoming grandparents to Kiara's kid(s) or a prequel about Mufasa, Scar, and Sarabi's childhood. That would have been so much more interesting to see. I also would have found it to be more interesting to see Simba and Nala as grandparents. :)[/quote]
You took the words right out of my mouth :D

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » November 5th, 2012, 2:58 am

[quote="Aranitar"]Obviously Disney did't care about what what kids think i was a kid when it came out...and i remember i was totally disapointed.after watching TLK and SP i didn't care much about Timon and Pumba they where a part of background for me...but Lion King 1/5 just Made me hat Timon and all his crazy past..

There was many things that Disney could use for TLK3 with out killing Simba...Mufasa-Taka-Ahadi-Nala or any other lion's background or even another Pride and it's realationship with the Pride Land

When TLK 1/5 came out It seemed like a new generation of idiot funny films was started and now after years we can see Disney have lost the way through kid's heart.
Megamind was a good cartoon for example but can U copare that with any of Disney Classics?[/quote]

I thought Megamind was very, very blah. It was funny and clever but no, I would not put it on the same plane as the Disney classics, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed other Dreamworks films (The Road to El Dorado, Prince of Egypt, Shrek).
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby ScarsLove » November 5th, 2012, 4:41 am

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"][quote="Aranitar"]Obviously Disney did't care about what what kids think i was a kid when it came out...and i remember i was totally disapointed.after watching TLK and SP i didn't care much about Timon and Pumba they where a part of background for me...but Lion King 1/5 just Made me hat Timon and all his crazy past..

There was many things that Disney could use for TLK3 with out killing Simba...Mufasa-Taka-Ahadi-Nala or any other lion's background or even another Pride and it's realationship with the Pride Land

When TLK 1/5 came out It seemed like a new generation of idiot funny films was started and now after years we can see Disney have lost the way through kid's heart.
Megamind was a good cartoon for example but can U copare that with any of Disney Classics?[/quote]

I thought Megamind was very, very blah. It was funny and clever but no, I would not put it on the same plane as the Disney classics, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed other Dreamworks films (The Road to El Dorado, Prince of Egypt, Shrek).[/quote]

Megamind was so-so for me. It had it's fun moments and it had it's dry/bland moments. I couldn't compare any films made today with the classics. ( Unless the films are The Secret of Kells or any movie made by Hayao Miyazaki. Now those are worth comparing ;) )

The Prince of Egypt in my eyes was a masterpiece. While I'm not the believing sort or religious what-so-ever. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate something along the lines of Prince of Egypt or even a fun and clever movie such as El Dorado. But back on topic.. I personally hate TLK 1/2 with a passion. I honestly think it's just another cash in so that Disney can make more money. This is how alot of their movies are anymore and it really gets me mad :roll: I do like Timons mother, Uncle Max and Timon but they aren't enough to save the movie. I did appreciate that Disney finally made another 2-D movie but why.. oh dear god why.. did it have to be about Timon and Pumba :ugh:

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » November 5th, 2012, 4:58 am

^Because people are idiots. LOL!

To me, Timon and Pumbaa are an annoying novelty. They are popular the same way that the Penguins from Madagascar are popular. They are the internet meme/animated GIF that goes viral. The lions in the Lion King have more substance and companies do not want to invest in adding a story or extra layer to the rich characters. That would be risky i.e. making Scar sympathetic or making Mufasa look like a bully to Scar when he is pretty much God in the film. It's easier to deal with the silly more kid friendly characters, i.e. Timon and Pumbaa. Besides fart jokes are funny.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Titanics Captain » January 25th, 2013, 10:39 pm

I'd like to see mufasa's childhood.

Titanics Captain
Welcome Aboard

Oh [censored], an iceburg!

Nickname(s): Titanics Captain
Pride Points: 5

Postby Timon the great » February 27th, 2013, 8:16 am

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]^Because people are idiots. LOL![/quote]

First of all, I'm sorry. But I didn't enjoy reading that at all. Neither is that the reason why TLK 3 was made.

And second, I don't get why a lot of members here think that just because this movie was focused on Timon and Pumbaa, means it was just made for kids and money. Now the T&P show may have been made for that. But this movie wasn't like the T&P show. The feel of this movie (regardless of Timon or Pumbaa in it), was much more relative to that of the original, than TLK 2 was. Because as an adult, I was able to connect better to this one then I could with 2. And I've already seen SP twice and in less than a year. So tell me, how is it possible to say that TLK 2/SP wasn't made for kids and money? Really, how?

I am 23 years old, and after not seeing any TLK movie for at least 6 years, coming back to it, I Still adore TLK 3 for all that it is. I'm probably going to have to repeat this several times down the line, but the movie is Not just funny or about jokes, but it's lovely, heartwarming, clever, meaningfully humorous, and just downright enjoyable. There's maybe one or two scenes that I could say I didn't find like this. But Nevertheless, and concerning this movie being about Timon, his Family, and Pumbaa, it's good for older people to see too. I know, because I'm one of them.

A lot of other people who've come to this forum and like this movie, Still chose to remain mostly silent on the positive things of it. But I'm not gonna remain silent. No. Because I like it the most and it's not a bad TLK movie at all. Period. It's that some TLK fans are just reluctant to accept that it's good.

Third, how can LK Lion fans on here say that they didn't get a TLK movie with "more lions" and that stuff, when TLK 2 was made For That?!? That doesn't make sense.

And at times, I do feel for those whose favorite TLK characters were not focused on in this movie. But at the same time, even though this movie wasn't centered on the lions, people need to learn to respect all that this TLK movie was made to be. Because in the first place, it IS, about TLK.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Titanics Captain » March 17th, 2013, 2:40 pm

I'd rather see the continueation of the lion king. It's not all that good.

Titanics Captain
Welcome Aboard

Oh [censored], an iceburg!

Nickname(s): Titanics Captain
Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies