Why a movie about Timon and Pumbaa not Scar or Sarabi etc??

Why a movie about Timon and Pumbaa not Scar or Sarabi etc??

Postby Saffyminty » January 16th, 2012, 5:50 am

Hello!!!
I watched TLK 1/2 yesterday. It is pretty funny but you think Disney could have done a better job at making another TLK movie. Why did it have to be about Timon and Pumbaa, not Scar or Sarabi or another one of the lions that seemed to have an interesting back story? Their stories would've made great movies.
Just wanted to know other people's thoughts on the matter
?
Signature made by Sophiecub!!!
:mhm: :testify: :superexcited:
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
"If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Live, Love, Laugh

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 6

Re: Why a movie about Timon and Pumbaa not Scar or Sarabi et

Postby Noah » January 16th, 2012, 8:27 am

Because Timon and Pumbaa were the audience's favorite. They weren't my favorite, nor the majority of MLK user's favorite, but they were America's favorites, so it's only natural they would get their own TV show and spinoff movie. If you think about it, Simba the Lion King, is getting pushed aside by his own supporting characters in terms of marketing.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » January 16th, 2012, 8:35 am

When it really comes down to it, Disney caters to the kids, and as far as the kids are concerned, Timon and Pumbaa make up the most of the Lion King Cash Cow. This si why you get not only Lion King 1.5, but also the Timon & Pumbaa TV show. It's a Disney gambit to get your money into their pockets.

So Noah, Timon and Pumbaa are actually the kid's favorite. I am most certain that most adults liked them less. But Disney listens more to the kids than their parents. Unfortunately. :sad:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Saffyminty » January 16th, 2012, 9:48 am

Thanks guys. And yes I get that most people like Timon and Pumbaa, they're funny and suitable for a children's cartoon. But that movie came out when I was quite young (like 7 or something) and I distinctly remember being disappointed that is was about Timon and Pumbaa. I was expecting a sequel to Simba's Pride ;P I probably wouldn't want that now but something about the lions. *nods* So Disney didn't listen to this kid!!! :D
But yes it is really all about the money!
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Live, Love, Laugh

Postby Buffy » January 16th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Also, it seems that almost everything in movies and tv today has to be comedy. Timon and Pumbaa were definitely the comedians of TLK. Which meant they were very entertaining, and therefore it would be easy to give them a movie and TV show :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Regulus » January 17th, 2012, 2:05 am

When I was 10 years old, I wasn't interested in watching the story of Scar or Sarabi. In fact, I don't even remember watching the original film when I was younger, only the spinoff.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Saffyminty » January 17th, 2012, 4:19 am

Well I can understand that most kids don't care about deep stories that aren't always funny and stupid. But I never really had a connection with Timon and Pumbaa but with the lions so I was quite annoyed when TLK 1/2 came out! :P
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Live, Love, Laugh

Postby Noah » January 17th, 2012, 4:30 am

I've been looking everywhere for this since you posted this topic. I thought you might be interested. Back in 1994, the US Government used characters from the Lion King to get kids to eat better, and guess which one's they used? Timon and Pumbaa ;)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Ultra Fox » January 17th, 2012, 8:30 am

I love Timon & Pumbaa, but I wish they weren't the focus of TLK 3. They already had their own tv series (which I love lol.) I would have loved a prequel to TLK (as long as it was made well.)
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Saffyminty » January 17th, 2012, 9:48 am

[quote="Noah"]I've been looking everywhere for this since you posted this topic. I thought you might be interested. Back in 1994, the US Government used characters from the Lion King to get kids to eat better, and guess which one's they used? Timon and Pumbaa ;)
Image[/quote]

Oh wow Noah thanks for showing me that!!! That was very interesting :)
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Live, Love, Laugh

Next

Return to The Movies