Kovu's ears compared to everyone else's....

Kovu's ears compared to everyone else's....

Postby Nyota » June 3rd, 2011, 1:00 pm

I was watching SP today, and noticed how odd baby Kovu's ears were. The typical male-cup-ear-stripe was only on the inside. It was strange 'cause EVERY other male cub character has full ear stripes:
Malka's aren't black, but still. these are typical ears.

Image This one is of Tojo. Sorry it's so small; you wouldn't believe how popular that cub is! EVERYTHING's fanart.

Image here's simba. Black striped, typical ears.

Image And here's a... rather large... one of Kovu. And Kiara. Bt you can see his ears, and the stripe is on the inside only. It's odd.

I Hope this is in the right place... I just felt like that needed pointed out.
I am a Christian because Father speaks to me and lets me know he's there. And there's no harm in Faith that nothing didn't randomly burst into something and nonlife couldn't've spontaneously generated life out of nowhere.
Kovu fan
Vatani fan
Kopa must DIE theorist
Kopa fan
Nyota
Navi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nyota, Kivaku.
Pride Points: 1

Re: Kovu's ears compared to everyone else's....

Postby AdAstrα » June 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm

That's a bit odd. Maybe it's an Outlander trait? There aren't any other male Outlander cubs to compare him with so it's difficult to tell.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Nyota » June 3rd, 2011, 3:10 pm

That's true. It's something I'm angery with, that there ar no outlander males. At all. Unless it's Kovu. Maybe it is an outlander trait. Maybe Kovu's just weird. I like it either way!
I am a Christian because Father speaks to me and lets me know he's there. And there's no harm in Faith that nothing didn't randomly burst into something and nonlife couldn't've spontaneously generated life out of nowhere.
Kovu fan
Vatani fan
Kopa must DIE theorist
Kopa fan
Nyota
Navi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » June 3rd, 2011, 3:13 pm

Yeah I know right. It's just Kovu and Nuka. There should be other males as well, not just lionesses.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nyota » June 3rd, 2011, 3:17 pm

NUKA! I could try to see if Nuka's got it.
Kovu fan
Vatani fan
Kopa must DIE theorist
Kopa fan
Nyota
Navi

Postby AdAstrα » June 3rd, 2011, 3:18 pm

From what I can recall he doesn't, but it's been a while since I watched SP!
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Postby Nyota » June 3rd, 2011, 3:20 pm

He doesn't. I also noticed that Kovu's, like, half his age and had a MUCH fuller mane...
Kovu fan
Vatani fan
Kopa must DIE theorist
Kopa fan
Nyota
Navi

Postby AdAstrα » June 3rd, 2011, 3:24 pm

Yeah. But that could be because Nuka was neglected as a cub since he wasn't as important as Kovu. It's pretty sad really.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Postby Nyota » June 3rd, 2011, 3:29 pm

Yah... The scene of his death was originally going to say, "Well... I finally got your attention..."
It IS sad.
Kovu fan
Vatani fan
Kopa must DIE theorist
Kopa fan
Nyota
Navi

Postby Akril » June 3rd, 2011, 9:58 pm

Adolescent Simba has the same narrow ear rims as Kovu in TLK1.5, and that's led some people to theorize that the reason Kovu has thin ear rims is because when he and Kiara first meet, he is older than Simba is when we see him as a cub in TLK.

Alternately, Scar has narrow ear rims as well, but their style is somewhat different than Kovu's -- they're much softer and on the inside of the dark fur in his ears rather than on the outside. The artists may have given Kovu roughly similar ear rims to make him look a tiny bit more Scar-like.

(And not to be a complete nit-picker, but Chumvi is another semi-canon male cub, and he doesn't have any dark rims. I guess there's no real rhyme or reason with this ear rims thing.)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Next

Return to The Movies