What`s she screaming for?

What`s she screaming for?

Postby PrincessKiara » December 29th, 2010, 10:58 pm

OK, I know this thread is kinda lame, but there`s a certain point in the scene where Cub Kiara explores the Pride Lands that always bugs me.

She`s sitting on a rock, looking out towards the Outlands. "Cool, the Outlands. I wonder what it`s like out there."

Suddenly she hears a sound behind her. (Timon and Pumbaa following her) Turning around, she suddenly starts screaming! Timon and Pumbaa are screaming too. Kiara even backs up several paces, resulting in her falling off the rock and into the water.

I understand that Kiara was surprised to see them, but why scream in horror like that? It just seems like such an exaggerated reaction.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: What`s she screaming for?

Postby Chumvikingpride » December 29th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Maybe it was seized of fear or whatever
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chumvikingpride=Dragon ball z,Digimon, Jayce and TWW fan!
Android 17 forever! hamtaro rocks!
Chumvikingpride

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Am I a demon? In any case, I like the evil!

Nickname(s): gaga,Hamtaro,BigBraining
Pride Points: 8

Postby xLilacVixenx » December 29th, 2010, 11:00 pm

I always considered it was just because she was expecting an evil Outlander to appear and kill her, so she immediately thought that's what Timon and Pumbaa were.
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 13

Postby atouchofgrace » December 29th, 2010, 11:18 pm

[quote="xLilacVixenx"]I always considered it was just because she was expecting an evil Outlander to appear and kill her, so she immediately thought that's what Timon and Pumbaa were. [/quote]
^^ This. Maybe she was thinking about what Simba said earlier.
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » December 29th, 2010, 11:20 pm

Cause it is an animated Disney film and they generally rely on comical over reactions as a means of being humorous.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby atouchofgrace » December 29th, 2010, 11:23 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Cause it is an animated Disney film and they generally rely on comical over reactions as a means of being humorous.[/quote]

^^ This is also true.
atouchofgrace

Postby Panda-chan » December 29th, 2010, 11:25 pm

I think it was mainly for comic relief. Her face looked so stupidly out of shape that it's hard not to laugh :lol:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby supersimba » December 30th, 2010, 4:46 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]OK, I know this thread is kinda lame, but there`s a certain point in the scene where Cub Kiara explores the Pride Lands that always bugs me.

She`s sitting on a rock, looking out towards the Outlands. "Cool, the Outlands. I wonder what it`s like out there."

Suddenly she hears a sound behind her. (Timon and Pumbaa following her) Turning around, she suddenly starts screaming! Timon and Pumbaa are screaming too. Kiara even backs up several paces, resulting in her falling off the rock and into the water.

I understand that Kiara was surprised to see them, but why scream in horror like that? It just seems like such an exaggerated reaction.[/quote]

Perhaps it was in the script :disgust:
Feel free to annoy me on facebook~
Supersimba @ Facebook
supersimba

Nickname(s): Jamie
Pride Points: 0

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 30th, 2010, 11:02 am

Yeah, she probably was subconsciously set to the state of mind that something is out there to get her and thus didn't immediately realize what she saw when she saw just Timon & Pumbaa. Especially as they started screaming too, which is a fear/alarm provoking, negative and loud sound. (Man, I get way too deep with this. xD)

So, let's just get to my personal impression on the scene: while I believe the scene does have that subtext to it, I personally even at the first view, genuinely got the feeling that the film makers just tried to be funny. Because they repeated the screaming and I think that is all that really made it seem like an over-reaction: Kiara screams. Timon & Pumbaa scream. Again Kiara. Again Timon & Pumbaa. And then Kiara again before she falls. And they showed each one's faces each time. If they meant it to mainly have a serious meaning, they would've just had them scream once, like it realistically would probably go. And then Kiara would fall because of course she had to fall instead of realizing that she was in no danger, in order to get Uncle Pumbaa to fall on her and provide another comical moment.

I personally think that scene is a bit over-rated, especially the line from Timon when he's talking to invisible Simba. I mean, yes, it's all amusing but really... I think I'd be more impressed if it wasn't Timon and Pumbaa who I also feel are over-rated. They weren't in the original film but in everything else, I feel they are. Ok, this got a bit off-topic. I'll can it now.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby atouchofgrace » December 30th, 2010, 1:33 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]I personally think that scene is a bit over-rated, especially the line from Timon when he's talking to invisible Simba. I mean, yes, it's all amusing but really... I think I'd be more impressed if it wasn't Timon and Pumbaa who I also feel are over-rated. They weren't in the original film but in everything else, I feel they are.[/quote]

^^ This.
atouchofgrace

Next

Return to The Movies